Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 12:38 AM

65 posts, read 70,221 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm in a complicated dilemma.. I have been at my new job since April and well.. I have a strict rule of "don't **** where you eat"..... unfortunately, that rule is slowly becoming an issue for me. I work with this girl (let's name her Steph) and well she's made it seem like she's not my biggest fan every other day of the week and doesn't interact much with me. When we do talk it's very short and to the point conversations and nothing more. However, recently, I've noticed that during our morning meetings she's usually always near me or next to me which is even more confusing.

Now here's where my assumption of her not being my biggest fan comes from.. I work in sales (and so does she) and well I've been doing well at my job but I've assumed that she's taken to some nasty comments/actions towards my results (e.g., he has nothing to show for it, or, seemed upset by it) which were not part of my intentions towards anyone else in my company. Now here's where it gets weird..

She seems capable of having a normal conversation with everyone else except me.. and it was recently the end of the Q for our company so we had a little party in the meantime. Here we interacted and socialized and surprisingly enough so did me and her! We talked for a bit (although we had a few drinks in us) and she kept pushing me to drink from a tequila shot that she had just tried.. What I'm confused with is that the whole night we we're interacting and she always showed up wherever I was located. So my question is.. does this seem like an opportunity I want to pursue or was it influence by alcohol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 12:55 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacui View Post
Hi all,

I'm in a complicated dilemma.. I have been at my new job since April and well.. I have a strict rule of "don't **** where you eat"..... unfortunately, that rule is slowly becoming an issue for me. I work with this girl (let's name her Steph) and well she's made it seem like she's not my biggest fan every other day of the week and doesn't interact much with me. When we do talk it's very short and to the point conversations and nothing more. However, recently, I've noticed that during our morning meetings she's usually always near me or next to me which is even more confusing.

Now here's where my assumption of her not being my biggest fan comes from.. I work in sales (and so does she) and well I've been doing well at my job but I've assumed that she's taken to some nasty comments/actions towards my results (e.g., he has nothing to show for it, or, seemed upset by it) which were not part of my intentions towards anyone else in my company. Now here's where it gets weird..

She seems capable of having a normal conversation with everyone else except me.. and it was recently the end of the Q for our company so we had a little party in the meantime. Here we interacted and socialized and surprisingly enough so did me and her! We talked for a bit (although we had a few drinks in us) and she kept pushing me to drink from a tequila shot that she had just tried.. What I'm confused with is that the whole night we we're interacting and she always showed up wherever I was located. So my question is.. does this seem like an opportunity I want to pursue or was it influence by alcohol?
Right she treats/talks to you like crap, you don't really get on and you work together.......

Do you actually want answer to that mate? LOL

I'm not at all against work based flings and even relationships ( although some will be along later saying the opposite ) but you don't seem to like each other ain't that enough to tell you to AVOID!

Old 07-03-2016, 12:56 AM

29,531 posts, read 22,762,892 times
Easy question to answer bro.

Is she attractive?

Then yes, try to feel her out and see if there's more chemistry there outside of alcohol. Alcohol can make even Quasimodo a hunk to a girl.

Maybe invite her to coffee or something simple and go from there. No fancy restaurants on first date nonsense.

She may be at times nasty to you, but sometimes women play weird games like that with dudes they may have the hots for.

You snooze, you lose, son.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:05 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,123,352 times
Stay away!

Don't get involved!

If things start heading for a fall, office gossip will be rife and uncontrollable, and your life (especially work-wise) will be hell.

The workplace is not a good place to have your dirty laundry aired by a calculating colleague

Old 07-03-2016, 01:07 AM

SG,

I find her to be quite attractive and people don't seem to feel the same way lol.. I just think I'm a simple guy trying to make it in this tough world but she's just there. Women are just too complicated for me to even understand at times.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:19 AM

521 posts, read 293,858 times
OP,

1. she is playing mind games
2. she is very smart and knows how to pretend. If she plays easy from day 1 you won't like her
3. she can be just bored and doesn't have feelings for you

Unfortunately I tend to be similar to this woman. If I really like someone I will be rude to him, avoid eye contact, avoid talking or smiling to him,....etc to hide my feelings, I mean what if he finds out?! I'm not a good liar. I don't like that and feel bad about it especially if the person I like is nice, kind and decent.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:11 AM

Rose,

So you're recommendations would be to not even pursue? I'm one of those guys who's horrible at catching on things and I don't know whether I should even put in time and effort on her.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:20 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,237,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacui View Post
Hi all,

Don't.

Or, failing that, proceed with absolute caution. As in let this drag out for months.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:42 AM

CPG,

I figured as much and to hold my grounds.. I've just been massively confused by her mixed signals. But I'll hold my ground and not fall for whatever she's trying to pull.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:54 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,742,234 times
Not worth it.

If she is doing all this extra crap now, she would probably be a lot worse after a break up. Don't do that to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships