Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 05:56 PM

5 posts, read 2,512 times

Advertisements

I’ve been dating a wonderful man for five months. He is going thru a divorce which is getting increasingly nasty, his ex texts abuse and blocks his every effort at coming to an amicable settlement. He had only just filed when we met. He just ended it saying he could fall in love with me so easily but can’t let himself and needs time to heal. He messaged next day saying he has set up counselling and will sort everything out, that he enjoyed every minute with me and is sorry he’s not himself and that he’s sad. I told him to take the time he needs and have been responding to his messages but am not sure how best to manage this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 06:17 PM

29,534 posts, read 22,805,676 times
Texting.

Again.

Move on girl, he just isn't that into you as you want, unfortunately.

"Needs more time to heal" is code word for, "I'm just not that into you."

Old 07-14-2016, 07:11 PM

It's so frustrating tho why isn't he as into me as I'd like where do I go wrong :-(. He said he was falling in love a couple of months ago and wanted to see me all the time and he said he loved every minute with me....

Old 07-14-2016, 07:13 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,211,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacia10 View Post
It's so frustrating tho why isn't he as into me as I'd like where do I go wrong :-(. He said he was falling in love a couple of months ago and wanted to see me all the time and he said he loved every minute with me....
Well sometimes people rebound after just ending a relationship, especially if it's a marriage. He probably was rebounding, which caused him to move fast with you and make declarations of love so soon. After all, he isn't even divorced and hasn't gone without speaking to his wife yet.

Now, he's slowed down some and knows he needs to focus on himself and get to an emotionally healthy place before entering into another relationship that he may not even want.

Sometimes, it is not good to start relationships with people who are still involved with someone. True the man is separated. But as the saying goes separated =/= single. So he is still very much in a relationship that has not been completely cut off yet, therefore it still effects him. And because it still has effect on him, it caused him to move super fast with you, possibly as a way of distracting himself from his falling marriage and the drama that comes with it. Basically everything looked super great compared the the hell he's still trying to exit. But he knows he moved too fast.

Where did you go wrong? Dating a still married man who has not had time to heal from a bad relationship.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,923,962 times
You were the rebound to make him feel better about himself.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:19 PM

Yes I feel like I was a band aid but he's in touch saying he misses me and will sort himself out...

Old 07-14-2016, 07:20 PM

Should I just ignore him?

Old 07-14-2016, 07:26 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,803,080 times
Hooray for texting!!!

Old 07-14-2016, 07:40 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,151,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacia10 View Post
Yes I feel like I was a band aid but he's in touch saying he misses me and will sort himself out...
You were. A Band-Aid, a crutch ... whatever you want to call it. It sucks but at least he has the healthy presence of mind to pull back a little.

What to do now? Give him space. He knows how to contact you.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:09 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,456,924 times
Never, never, ever date someone who is not at least a year past their divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships