Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Maybe he was just trying to watch his weight.
I think his diet of alcohol, heroin, speed & cocaine was just the right mix. It does make him look like an 80 year old though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 04:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I think his diet of alcohol, heroin, speed & cocaine was just the right mix. It does make him look like an 80 year old though.
Well, I guess on the upside ... he never gets carded when he goes out to the clubs.

(I would ban him from my house too!)

Old 02-18-2008, 05:56 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
His mother/my mother.

His: I had once chance to meet her. I was being sent from AK to Anaheim for a conference, one that lasted from 7 AM to 7 PM every day but one, for a week. That one we finished at 5. As soon as I knew I was going and what my schedule would be, DH called and told her where I'd be, and what the only time would be. She had about 4 months notice, and she lived in Big Bear. I got there, the day before we were supposed to meet, I called to remind her - her answer? "I'm too busy tomorrow."

My mother: As I've said in the past, we came south because of his medical problems. While I was getting us settled [supposedly] in St Louis, he ended up - again - in the hospital back home, and his doc called to tell me he was in a coma and on life support, and I'd better get back ASAP. I went back, and wonder of wonders, he came out of it, once again. So we went back to STL, where my family decided there was nothing wrong with him because he didn't LOOK sick, and everyone KNOWS that hospitals only discharge people when they are well! My mother decided he was just a leech, and told me I'd have to choose - either get rid of him and our pets so she and I could live together and be happy going to church and praying together, or I'd have to go with them. No contest on that one! As a result, she rewrote her will disinheriting me AND my children, and never spoke to me again. She died last summer, and that's when I found out about the will.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:03 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,202,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
His mother/my mother.

His: I had once chance to meet her. I was being sent from AK to Anaheim for a conference, one that lasted from 7 AM to 7 PM every day but one, for a week. That one we finished at 5. As soon as I knew I was going and what my schedule would be, DH called and told her where I'd be, and what the only time would be. She had about 4 months notice, and she lived in Big Bear. I got there, the day before we were supposed to meet, I called to remind her - her answer? "I'm too busy tomorrow."

My mother: As I've said in the past, we came south because of his medical problems. While I was getting us settled [supposedly] in St Louis, he ended up - again - in the hospital back home, and his doc called to tell me he was in a coma and on life support, and I'd better get back ASAP. I went back, and wonder of wonders, he came out of it, once again. So we went back to STL, where my family decided there was nothing wrong with him because he didn't LOOK sick, and everyone KNOWS that hospitals only discharge people when they are well! My mother decided he was just a leech, and told me I'd have to choose - either get rid of him and our pets so she and I could live together and be happy going to church and praying together, or I'd have to go with them. No contest on that one! As a result, she rewrote her will disinheriting me AND my children, and never spoke to me again. She died last summer, and that's when I found out about the will.
Dear Karibear,

No one deserves that kind of pain from in-laws let alone one's own family. I know that it hurts even more when your own children are shunned. I wish I could give you a hug right now and tell you that we don't choose our families but we do get to choose who we will let into our lives and who we will love and that can be the best love of all...unconditional. On a lighter side, that is why I have four dogs!

Old 02-18-2008, 06:10 PM

Who do you think has a harder time...wives with their MIL's or husbands with their FIL's?

Old 02-18-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I love after being married for 6 years (together for 11) and after birthing 2 of her grandkids...She still makes me call her Mrs. XXX...and in the mean time, she has gained 2 son-in laws (in the past year) who just walk up to her and pat her ass and say "Whats up Josie?"
Next time pat her ass and say "What's up Mrs. XXX"?!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
The day my hubby and I got married my FIL told hubby that he was no longer in the will. the MIL was dead and there was just my SIL and hubby. FIL said to hubby "she just married you for the house". Hubby countered with "she will have house someday on the Cape! WTF does she want with htis house?" Well, I have my house on the Cape now, both my parents are dead. Hubby is still not in the will and I need to make out my will so that SIL does not get this property for the JWs!! I want it to go to my blood!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:40 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Dear Karibear,

No one deserves that kind of pain from in-laws let alone one's own family. I know that it hurts even more when your own children are shunned. I wish I could give you a hug right now and tell you that we don't choose our families but we do get to choose who we will let into our lives and who we will love and that can be the best love of all...unconditional. On a lighter side, that is why I have four dogs!
I'd like to say it was a surprise and shock [my mother, that is], but my family has always been somewhat off kilter. That's one of the main reasons I went as far away as I could and still stay in the US. My sister swears she didn't know about the will until afterward - and there's also a revocable trust that she's the executor of - so there's no telling what will happen. But the will is supposed to provide a guideline for her wishes. My mother had been in a psychiatric nursing home for several years before she died, so it wasn't a surprise, either. Cutting my kids out was just plain spiteful, and she also cut my brother's daughter out as well, because she's adopted and not a blood heir. My brother's wife was the one who called to tell me, and my sister said later she was just so stressed from taking care of her mother, she couldn't talk to anyone. I said "YOUR mother? Last time I checked, she was MY mother, too!" People are strange, and the strangest of all can be family.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:36 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:

Old 02-19-2008, 12:57 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,979 times
Quote:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/laughing.gif (broken link)

And then run back in here and post up her reaction! That post will be worth TONS of rep points!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships