Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 05:14 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post

Now I use this site often and do so because (a) I like "conversing" (b) giving opinions (c) or am bored, but I would not do this if out with others or if having visitors. I do this while watching TV or listening to music, after other stuff is done.

Agreed. I think it is rude to be occupied with electronics while out with someone. Don't ever pick up a phone at the dinner table while I am there…it better be for a death…and no texting. I'm a stickler for manners.

As for games and having conversations about it. Well it's not for me but if it is an occasional thing and not an obsession than go for it. I may stop and chat about a recipe or a book with someone and my husband has no interest in that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 05:53 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
An image that is sexist, misandristic and supportive of matriarchy. Maybe, just maybe, this man prefers Pokemon toys to sex with women. Honestly, I played Pokemon stadium back in the day and have sex with women and I can tell you, video games are better. And they don't whine and complain and critique one's life, disrespect privacy, etc.

Anyway, maybe he's better off playing Pokemon than being with a female. Ever thought of that one? Maybe he would just rather have fun on his own than be around you. Deal with it and move on.
You're doing it wrong.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:16 AM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ationship.html

Open discussion and then therapy if no success.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:17 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
Random anecdote: while the Mr. was at church yesterday, a young man walked in on the midst of Sunday service, wandered around for a moment, and then sat down. Afterward, the Mr. went over to introduce himself and inquire about him, etc... turns out that he was sent there by Pokemon Go, came inside to do whatever it is that people do with this game, and ended up staying, lol.

That is all.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:25 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Random anecdote: while the Mr. was at church yesterday, a young man walked in on the midst of Sunday service, wandered around for a moment, and then sat down. Afterward, the Mr. went over to introduce himself and inquire about him, etc... turns out that he was sent there by Pokemon Go, came inside to do whatever it is that people do with this game, and ended up staying, lol.

That is all.
Catch Pokemon and I have never seen any inside of a church. Perhaps it was a sign from God.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:11 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It's silly but it's certainly better than him playing golf.
Wait...what?

'splain, please.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:18 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydeen View Post
So my boyfriend and I have been together for 7 months and while everything else is good what bothers me is since the stupid game came out he is always on it. Even when we go out on dates he will have the stupid game open just in case a Pokémon appears. I mean he will still talk with me but if a Pokémon appears he will stop and say "just a second got to catch this".

Or like we went hiking together a few days ago and as we were hiking he saw some other people playing and walked over and spent 10 minutes talking to them about the stupid game. I told him when we are together I don't want him to play it but he says I am being unreasonable and "I still spend time and talk with you".

What do you think?
I think that you don't like his hobby, but he's not being excessive in pursuit of it. It's a new game. He'll likely become a bit less occupied with it after awhile.

If you really like him otherwise, try to be patient and not to resent his hobby.

If you are trying to force him not to be himself, you're wasting your time and might as well move on and let him find a girlfriend who will enjoy his hobbies with him.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:19 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Wait...what?

'splain, please.
If he was really into golf, she'd be a golf widow instead of just waiting 10 minutes now and then for him to chat with people who are hunting electronic characters.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:37 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,683,001 times
Exclamation A Couple Points To Ponder Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garchompa View Post
120000% true!!! It's ridiculous how many compromises we, as men are expected to make just to make a woman happy. If manginas stopped supporting this and women had no choice women would have little choice but to stop being so controlling and ridiculous about stuff. Just look at the Temperance movement, women trying to destroy men's fun since the early 1800s!
1) I'm not all that crazy about Pokemon Go myself...it smacks of being somewhat dangerous, according to reports I've both read and heard...to our young OP, those who suggest you may be better off without him may be on to something

How can I say this with conviction? Easy---I'll use my own example...I am a pro wrestling fan---been one since 1968...love watching WWE Raw and Smackdown...BUT---if Mrs Catfish calls my name a certain way from the general direction of the boudoir, or better yet, appears in person at the hallway TO the boudoir wearing either a piece of her sexy lingerie, or better yet, her birthday suit , guess what?

I'm gonna click the off-button on the remote and be between the sheets doing the ooboo-badoo before the TV screen goes dark---believe that

2) This supernatural whining and carrying on from certain posters about 'mangina' this and 'women are evil controlling harpies' that, is boring, annoying, and utterly without substance...

Perhaps you gentlemen can pool your resources and form a co-op to continue to purchase A) the ointment you use to cool the friction burns on your palms, B) more honeydews and cantaloupes to strategically hollow-out to compensate for your lack of ability to get, keep, talk to, or walk and chew gum at the same time around women

Or best of all C) one-way tickets to wherever those wonderful MGTOW's are having their next convention, so those of us who actually LIKE AND LOVE WOMEN can continue to do so without having to hear a bunch of pointless bleating and name-calling

Old 07-25-2016, 07:39 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If he was really into golf, she'd be a golf widow instead of just waiting 10 minutes now and then for him to chat with people who are hunting electronic characters.

I can understand that, but it's not like he is taking a few minutes out of their date to go chase a fictional character. At least with golf, the parameters are pretty well established.

And he wouldn't be in danger of falling off a cliff, or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships