Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 09:09 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

Recently you wanted to get divorced - maybe he is just insecure at the moment and worries because of all the ups and downs.

The right thing is probably to change the password. Which will be followed by a fight probably.

However, I would just let him be on it if it makes him happy and feel safe. I know that a lot of relationships break apart because people connect on facebook with their old flames and therefore, I would give him peace of mind, but that's just me.

He seems to be extremely worried because of all the turmoil and I would put my marriage over my own desire for privacy in this particular case.

You do want to have a happy marriage, don't you? Sometimes it takes sacrifices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 09:11 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
He said that I would have to get rid of my Facebook or allow him to stay logged on to it. I'm alot more social than he is, so I chose the latter. He wasn't like this when we were dating. He just started this out of mistrust, I guess. We have had rough patches in our marriage, periods of separation, so I guess in his mind this is security for him
Do you want to have a stable marriage again? Sometimes you gotta take one for the team. Giving up facebook privacy seems to be one of the easier things to do.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:17 AM

458 posts, read 329,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Do you want to have a stable marriage again? Sometimes you gotta take one for the team. Giving up facebook privacy seems to be one of the easier things to do.
Yeah...that's what I decided when I allowed him access, but I can't help but feel a little surveillanced.

Im even a little turned off by him now and I guess he has extra security and his hygiene is slipping. He doesn't shave as much, go to the gym, dress nice etc.

I usually go out with the girls for Taco Thursday and I looked smoking last night. He didn't even tell me I looked nice, which he normally does, but he didn't this time because I haven't been interested in sex. He's withholding compliments now. Smh. He's petty like that.

The main reason I'm not interested in sex is because I tend to get UTIs, so that along with his lack of keeping his appearance in tact has turned me off. Owell. LOL. Its funny too because my libido used to be off the charts and I would have to beg for sex for years of our marriage, now im just like mehhh...

Last edited by Hotbloodedwoman; 08-05-2016 at 09:25 AM..

Old 08-05-2016, 09:21 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Yeah...that's what I decided when I allowed him access, but I can't help but feel a little surveillanced.
Because he is serveilling you.

This isn't living in a marriage. This is being on house arrest. F that.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:27 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
I've made comments that I about how much he stays on it, but then he would say things like...well I just want get on anymore, but he's lying. If I told him wanted him to log off, he would think I was up to something.

Ive been offered another job and traveling will be a part of that. He was talking about coming with me etc. He said how much he would miss me. I'm kinda feeling a little smothered. The older I get, the less male attention I want or need.
Okay this is just bizarre. It's a job, not a vacation. You will presumably be doing work things. What does he think you are doing on Facebook that is so untoward?

So what if you've had patchy periods in the relationship. That doesn't mean it should prevent you from taking a job you want or have to be surveilled all the time. Period. That isn't normal. You can either change your password and he gets over it or something else has to change.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:29 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,897 times
Look it sounds like you are very unhappy in this relationship.What is keeping you in it? Life is too short.I find that he is being disrespectful of you and your privacy(as you're letting him be).I would have left this person a long time ago.I value my privacy because it's my right as a human being and no matter if you're married or in some sort of relationship..NO ONE invades my privacy.Obviously this has become YOUR problem...his insecurities...that is something that HE has to want to change and it looks like that will not happen because you're allowing him to invade your privacy so he can feel safe?What a bunch of BS.He is using this to control you.Period.Be stronger and change all your passwords to everything and tell him to get his own damn account and get the hell off of yours.There is a much more serious problem going on....talk about going to marriage counseling BUT if he doesn't want to go...then start thinking about divorce because you can't force a grown person to get help if you know they need it...nope...will not happen.Move on with your life.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:14 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin View Post
Dump Facebook. Make a Twitter account lol.
Keep Facebook, dump the asshat

Old 08-05-2016, 10:19 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
What happened to counseling?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-05-2016, 10:33 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
He said that I would have to get rid of my Facebook or allow him to stay logged on to it. I'm alot more social than he is, so I chose the latter. He wasn't like this when we were dating. He just started this out of mistrust, I guess. We have had rough patches in our marriage, periods of separation, so I guess in his mind this is security for him
So, something happened that broke his trust and, instead of working to repair it, you get online and paint him as the "bad guy".

Lovely.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Because he is serveilling you.

This isn't living in a marriage. This is being on house arrest. F that.
I agree. That's bull****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships