Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 07:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times

Advertisements

Yep 49ers I do the same. Delete all contacts if he doesn't want to continue dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 07:33 PM

596 posts, read 627,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL... really? I guess I'm parsing words a bit much here, but disgusting is what our current political race is, some dude not returning your calls???? Disgusting??? LOL...
It is disgusting, to me doing anything for your benefit at the expense of another is pretty sad character trait. So the men and women that date someone for a few weeks or a month or two snd do the slow fade ..that is cowardly. You may have not been engaged or significantly involved but an emotional attachment would of begun to be developed. It's just plain rude and inconsiderate and often it is done because usually the person doesnt want to feel responsibility or guilt for telling the other they arent interested.

Now if someone flakes after date one...meh whatever, an explanation would be dramatic UNLESS the other person involved is like "so when can i see you again?"

Old 08-07-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
That's exactly what I mean my love .... You've made it BLATANTLY obvious that you wasn't interested yet they still thought they would go fishing......

What I was saying was that most men and myself included wouldn't even bother once we knew you wasn't interested and leave you alone.. I might be cheeky and be playful about it but wouldn't keep popping up trying it on.. LOL!

Men that do this are either not all there in the head ( a bit duh, no idea or you'll like this ... Can't take a hint ) or don't have many options ( desperate possibly ) for them to keep on coming.....

If you see?
Hahhaha yes, I understand.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ghosting is disgusting and cowardly? Yet you do it, Lol.
If you want to be sassy, at least read. I am not going to tell a man I am not interested if he is going to flip his **** and become verbally insulting. I mean that is a no brainer. But 9 times out of 10, I am telling someone straight.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If people expect dating to be nice and polite, they're in for a rude awakening.

I lost count on how many times Ive been rudely ghosted by women I thought were genuinely nice and sweet .

Its no big deal. Ive learned throughout my years of dating that a lot of people lack a backbone. Such is life. Deal with it. Don't take it so personal, folks.
I just get upset when I see people on Facebook posting pics of their hiking trip after they ghosted me. I mean, glad you're having so much fun and all, but...actually, no I'm not glad you're having fun!

Old 08-07-2016, 07:46 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
It is disgusting, to me doing anything for your benefit at the expense of another is pretty sad character trait. So the men and women that date someone for a few weeks or a month or two snd do the slow fade ..that is cowardly. You may have not been engaged or significantly involved but an emotional attachment would of begun to be developed. It's just plain rude and inconsiderate and often it is done because usually the person doesnt want to feel responsibility or guilt for telling the other they arent interested.

Now if someone flakes after date one...meh whatever, an explanation would be dramatic UNLESS the other person involved is like "so when can i see you again?"
See... my mind set in this thread has been from the prospective of just barely knowing someone. If you've been intimate and have been around that person any significant amount of time I really agree.

I guess that's where my disconnect was coming from. Very light casual acquaintance is one thing, but dating and seeing someone for a decent amount of time does deserves some respect and a proper explanation. I can get behind that.

if I barely know some chick and she stops texting me or returning my calls... I couldn't give a rip less, for the most part.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:52 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
I am the same way too, I rather a guy tell me directly than disappear because a. They usually do it after a few months or weeks of dating so it is so random and feekings have already developed. Verbal directness creates instant closure instead of questions like why? What happened? Are they just busy? Or not into me anymore?

Do unto others......
Your statement seems a bit hypocritical.... And I sure hope this term ghosting doesn't catch on....sounds lame.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:53 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
[/u]
Do unto others......
Your statement seems a bit hypocritical.... And I sure hope this term ghosting doesn't catch on....sounds lame.

It is a lame term and unfortunately it's been around for quite a while.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:02 PM

37,580 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
LOL... really? I guess I'm parsing words a bit much here, but disgusting is what our current political race is, some dude not returning your calls???? Disgusting??? LOL...

Seriously. I was cracking up at that. "Disgusting"? That's pretty overboard. Lots of behaviors that could be described as disgusting. Standing someone up? LOL! Hardly.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:03 PM

37,580 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
See... my mind set in this thread has been from the prospective of just barely knowing someone. If you've been intimate and have been around that person any significant amount of time I really agree.

I guess that's where my disconnect was coming from. Very light casual acquaintance is one thing, but dating and seeing someone for a decent amount of time does deserves some respect and a proper explanation. I can get behind that.

if I barely know some chick and she stops texting me or returning my calls... I couldn't give a rip less, for the most part.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships