Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 05:05 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,652,619 times

Advertisements

I know this is not funny, but I am gigglin` here...
Just come out and say," Whew hun. Your breath is nasty!"
Thats what I tell my husband.

Offer him a breath mint. Tell him to brush his tongue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 06:44 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,010,822 times
My husband has a post nasal drip that causes him bad breath. When it gets really bad, I gently remind him to either pop an altoid, chew a piece of gum, swish with listerine or drink something. He usually carries listerine sticks and altoids with him at all times.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:11 PM

84 posts, read 320,957 times
Yes, I also agree with Shiny Happy Lucy...if he has tonsils (especially larger tonsils with larger fissure's-holes) can pack muscus-like stones (I know totally gross). These when extracted smell aweful. So you can imagine each time a person with these stones exhales....whoaa!!
Pressing on the tonsil with a q-tip or finger if you can....a little pressure and the stones will pop out. Good Luck.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:15 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,996,982 times
I've had this talk with someone I dated. I just told him I don't want him to be embarrassed in public b'c you can smell it 5 feet away easily. I don't see how anyone can not know their breath is that bad. Yeah, just tell him, either hear it from me or from someone else--or worse, be shunned and avoided by people b'c of it.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 PM

27,332 posts, read 27,382,875 times
Ever wonder why we cant smell it even though its right under our noses....yet someone else two feet away can???

Old 12-17-2008, 08:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,714,874 times
Try some chlorrella, it is a natural body deoderizer. It seems like a digestive problem.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 PM

37,580 posts, read 45,935,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Dental insurance can't be that expensive...I think my H pays like 5.00 a month for our family...or something rediculously low...

Isn't bad breath from bacteria growing on the tounge? Does he care for his teeth now? What about Listerine? Does he use a good mouthwash that kills bacteria??
Surely you realize that not every company offers the same premiums for dental and health insurances???

My company's employee premiums are $19 - $98 a month, depending upon the coverage you select.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,926,053 times
Is this guy your partner? Be honest. This forum is full of kind hearted people that care and they wish to help you.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7110/teeth08xo.jpg

Old 12-18-2008, 11:51 AM

616 posts, read 1,161,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Good morning (evening on the U.S. West Coast) to my fellow forum friends! Next week my partner and I will be celebrating our six-month anniversary! Although I love him very much, our physical relationship has been horrible recently because my partner's foul breath, which was initially just a barely noticeable annoyance, has now become overpowering and bewildering. It's become so bad that my eyes water when he's in the front seat next to me in the car, and I actually crack down my windows in the dead of a frigid Pennsylvania winter for some ventiliation while using the excuse of using the chilly air to keep me alert at the wheel.

What can I do? I have yet to touch this subject, as it is indeed a very touchy one. My partner grew up relatively poor and his parents divorced several years ago. He never had dental care growing up, which I think has contributed to whatever condition he might have. I myself wish to pay for him to have a dentist investigate the matter, but how can I bring this subject up without hurting his feelings? We haven't French kissed in weeks now, and I cringe inside whenever his lips come near to mine. I myself am blessed to have relatively perfect teeth and great dental health while he has visible tooth decay stemming from his lack of dental care. I'm certain he'd need at least several thousand dollars in oral reconstructive surgery to be healed, and even then I wouldn't know if the odor would be rectified.

Chewing gum doesn't seem to help him in the least bit. I personally think he must realize that he has a problem because he's now been chewing gum much more frequently whenever I'm around, but it does no good. He's also a recovering heavy smoker, but at age 20 I don't think he's had enough years under his belt for cigarettes to have done this much damage to his mouth.

Please help me! We can't even be intimate! I'm fully willing to end this relationship if there's nothing I can do about this, as my eyes honestly begin to water whenever he breathes!

Honesty and tact is always best in this situation.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:10 PM

43 posts, read 82,288 times
Does he eat? Lack of eating will cause bad breath. Love him anyway - you will have to put up with his bad breath for the rest of your life with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships