Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 02:31 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Because they want more sex with the same person?
Romance is about courtship.

Courtship is the process of getting to know someone. For a man, it is about trying to win a woman's favor and show his true intentions.

Women today are lost. They jump into bed with a guy on the first date. They chase men and they battle over the who is supposed to pay for the bill.

And after they've completely emasculated a man, they start complaining that there is no courtship. Well, good luck, Ladies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 03:34 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot juice View Post

They chase men and they battle over the who is supposed to pay for the bill.
That's an easy battle to settle.
Regardless of their sex, the chaser pays the bill.
The one being chased eats free.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:34 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,644 times
Quote:

Courtship is the process of getting to know someone. For a man, it is about trying to win a woman's favor and show his true intentions.

Women today are lost. They jump into bed with a guy on the first date. They chase men and they battle over the who is supposed to pay for the bill.

And after they've completely emasculated a man, they start complaining that there is no courtship. Well, good luck, Ladies.
Yeah yeah...remember your words when it comes time for your own courtship.

I would half agree that women are lost...I think "aggressive" would be a better term for it. But who cares? We all aren't like that. You just have to hunt for that perfect person to court. Romance, courtship, and the ingredients to a marriage/relationship all don't appear at the snap of your fingers. You have to work at it. It's all worth it in the end.

I get plenty of romance from my husband...and I lavish him as well. You have to want the romance before bestowing it to someone...you know?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:

It's basically true...

Old 02-25-2008, 06:08 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Smile Hello Carrot Juice!!

EXCELLENT POST CARROT JUICE!!! THANK YOU!

Its SAD but SO TRUE, WE as a society have completely EMASCULATED

MEN , and then we complain about it....

ROMANCE is about COURTSHIP, ITS the FUN of it ALL,

ROMANCE should be fun, exciting, beautiful, but if women act lost, and men

feel emasculated, then who is going to do the COURTING??

Everyone ends up confused, and NO romance.....

And why are some women always trying to prove something? Why do you

battle over who is going to pay the bill??

Instead of just trying to get to know this man, that is trying to get to know

you And wants to court you, to make you feel special

It does NOT have to be soooo HARD

LETS BRING ROMANCE BACK INTO OUR LIVES!!

Lets be nicer to one another

Quote:

Old 02-25-2008, 06:10 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:

God bless women's lib.

~sarcasm off~

Old 02-25-2008, 06:17 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
I agree with carrot juice. Why is it that when men fool around with many women, they are studs while when women fool around with many men they are easy? It's very simple. Women have the keys to the car. And men want to drive a car 24 hours a day. If you are constantly handing the keys to different men after barely meeting them, why purchase when you could lease? The old adage that women always know when they are going to have sex is so true. Quit making it so obvious when, and I bet courtship will once again prevail.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:34 PM

Talking Hello JMX!

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST JMX!

EXCELLENT POST!!

I agree with you, ROMANCE is there, you just have to look hard enough for

it! And I guess you must want it bad enough, to look for it in the RIGHT

person.

And you are right, if you seek the REAL thing, you will find IT!!

I just wish that our society would actually value it!

The ROMANCE & COURTSHIP of it ALL!

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMX View Post
I understand what you're saying, but ultimately I don't think that's true. If you seek the real thing, you will find it. You just have to look harder and be more persistent in your search. If you get pushed aside, just know that you happened to be standing in the wrong spot! Don't take it personally. Just find your way out of that crazy crowd and find the people who are also looking for the same things you are.

Remember this, ladies: The man you seek is also getting pushed aside by the women who want the jerks who push you aside. And after being pushed aside enough, he's not going to be too quick to show those romantic gestures you like. Show him that you're different, that you appreciate those romantic getstures and that you will do the same for him. If he's a good man, he'll see that in you and respond in kind.

So what happened to romance? It went into hiding in order to survive in a society that no longer values such things. It's there, but you have to find it.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:56 PM

Smile Thank You To Carrot Juice & Mishigas73!

Yes, LETS THANK THE WOMEN'S LIB MOVEMENT

FOR OUR LACK OF ROMANCE, COURTSHIP

WE DEFINITELY WON LOTS OF EQUALITY

Most men do not know if they should open up a Lady's door,

if they stand up as a sign of respect, of being a gentleman when out to

dinner, if they try to pay the dinner bill, they get their head chewed off

Again, we have done our BEST to EMASCULATE MEN, and then

we are upset because it is hard to find ROMANCE, COURTSHIP

So, this "Wonderful Women's Lib Movement, or the Feminist

movement" or whatever you want to call it , have done soo much

good, that our incredibly high divorce rate is proof of HOW EQUAL WE

ARE WOOHOOO!! For women's Lib,

For the Feminist Movement THERE IS YOUR ROMANCE!!!

If some of us are AWARE of this, I just hope that the next generation

turns things around, as hard as that might seem.....

THANK YOU MICHIGAS73 and CARROT JUICE for your posts

Quote:

Old 02-25-2008, 07:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Yes, LETS THANK THE WOMEN'S LIB MOVEMENT

FOR OUR LACK OF ROMANCE, COURTSHIP

WE DEFINITELY WON LOTS OF EQUALITY
Well, some call this stupid BS, others call it conspiracy (call it as you wish), but I started firmly believing in it, particularly when you put 2 and 2 together considering other disturbing developments...

American Chronicle | Feminism and the Control of Womanhood

There's much more interesting stuff written on the roots and history of feminism, but I don't feel like digging it right now and frankly don't feel like discussing it much here. If you're interested, you don't have to look too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships