Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:07 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Part of marriage is fulfilling your spouse's needs. The need for physical intimacy is as real as emotional intimacy.

If one partner stops fulfilling the other's needs, then eventually that need will get fulfilled by another.

But seriously, is [Mod cut.] once a week to much to ask?
Hahaha....it was for my ex-hubby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 06:16 PM

212 posts, read 164,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by periklees View Post
And strangely, when one spouse knows he/she is about to lose the other, sparks kick in. Go figure.

Not always, my ex knew she would lose me eventually, sure she was angry, upset, and hurt! When the time came, it was her fault, and she knew there wasn't a damn thing she could do about! In the long run, maybe it was actually a relief to her to know that someone else would take care of me. I've had a successful marriage for 13 years now, this definitely should have sent a message to her. The ex did end up finding another chump. and that marriage failed within a year. Now she lives a "happy life" as a cat lady at 45, totally undateable!

Old 09-04-2016, 11:42 PM

352 posts, read 234,093 times
No matter to either side , it's far too late in the marraige to "judge" per 'se.....and the gentleman in question is envisioning a wet dream if he thinks he's going to retire all fat and happy without having to pay dearly (financially) for it. Retirement opens a whole new set of lifestyle issues if things aren't nailed down. Clearly they aren't for your friend.

At a minimum ; if they remain married he'll have to buy a nice home for the wife to retire in, as well as at least a nice condo for the conjugal visits with the honey.

Who gets the retirement era attention ? Wife and kids?....or the honey's kids? Who gets to be Mrs Claus on Christmas? Who gets the respective Grandpa and Grandma titles with all of the grandkiddies? All of this stuff will rear it's ugly head unless he either reaches a well understood agreement, or leaves. Both will cost .....life choices can be expensive.

His best cased scenario, if affordable, is to pay the wife to stay out of the way of his real love life, and have clearly set boundaries with all of the respective children and their families. Otherwise , a divorce in the long run will only cost slightly more if they can agree on things.

Last edited by Luck-67; 09-05-2016 at 12:10 AM..

Old 09-05-2016, 01:01 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by periklees View Post
---------When that happens, pretty much buyers remorse sets in-------
I remember a time when buyers remorse set in, one hour after I first went somewhere with a certain woman. I wonder how some guy who might have gotten stuck with her for life might have felt?

Old 09-05-2016, 11:04 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
You guys did this subject again?

See you in next week's "wife won't have sex anymore" thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships