Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would they leave you?
Yes 7 13.46%
No 45 86.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 04:24 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,269 times

Advertisements

Old 09-01-2016, 04:31 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
flow chart meme
Too true.

I asked if she was on the pill.

She answered with a question; "Xanax or Zoloft?"

Old 09-01-2016, 04:40 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysam View Post
The thing is people lie about sex and besides, it really isn't anybody's business. Nobody owes you an explanation just so you can throw it back into that person's face.
Ones medical conditions and criminal history aren't anyones business either, right? SO you would have no problem dating someone with an extensive criminal history or STDs or other diseases, right?

Old 09-01-2016, 04:49 PM

11 posts, read 5,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
If the guy is so interested about knowing the number and still sticks around if he doesn't get it, that's completely on him.
That's a moot point. Of course it's totally up to him if he wants to stay without knowing something that he really wanted to know. If you'll have him, that is. So the real question is, would you want him to stick around even though you know that he really wants to know?

It's one thing to reject Man A who states that he does not want to date a woman with a high number, it's quite another to let Man B stay with you even though you know (by virtue of the fact that he really wants to know), that he too would not want to date a woman with a high number.

So you see it sounds like what you want is simply to not be asked. What you want is for a man to stay with you even if you have a high number, if you happen to like that man. You would rather have a man that you like stay with you, knowing that he would leave you if he knew your number, than to tell him your number so that you can both go your separate ways. Being honest would not work in your favor. Him knowing the truth would work against you. Being yourself would be a liability.

To you, it's more important to have that man that you like, and pray that he drops the subject, than for him to know and face the huge risk that he'll leave you. Tell me, if your husband didn't know your number, and then one day he found out and it was high, how sure are you that he'd be happy to stick around? Because you don't sound too sure. Otherwise this would not be such a touchy subject for you.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:51 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Ones medical conditions and criminal history aren't anyones business either, right? SO you would have no problem dating someone with an extensive criminal history or STDs or other diseases, right?
Criminal behavior and STD's are both harmful.

Having past sexual partners is not harmful.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger McSantander View Post
That's a moot point. Of course it's totally up to him if he wants to stay without knowing something that he really wanted to know. If you'll have him, that is. So the real question is, would you want him to stick around even though you know that he really wants to know?

It's one thing to reject Man A who states that he does not want to date a woman with a high number, it's quite another to let Man B stay with you even though you know (by virtue of the fact that he really wants to know), that he too would not want to date a woman with a high number.

So you see it sounds like what you want is simply to not be asked. What you want is for a man to stay with you even if you have a high number, if you happen to like that man. You would rather have a man that you like stay with you, knowing that he would leave you if he knew your number, than to tell him your number so that you can both go your separate ways. Being honest would not work in your favor. Him knowing the truth would work against you. Being yourself would be a liability.

To you, it's more important to have that man that you like, and pray that he drops the subject, than for him to know and face the huge risk that he'll leave you. Tell me, if your husband didn't know your number, and then one day he found out and it was high, how sure are you that he'd be happy to stick around? Because you don't sound too sure. Otherwise this would not be such a touchy subject for you.
Some things people will never find out because it is none of their business and has nothing to do with the person now.

Of course, that is beside the point. Any sane woman is going to dump a guy who places such importance on her previous numbers of partners because he is not smart enough to figure out there are much better ways to judge her character.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:01 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
No, I believe I've already stated that I would not.

Quote:
Either way, he's not the right guy for me.

Quote:
So you see it sounds like what you want is simply to not be asked. What you want is for a man to stay with you even if you have a high number, if you happen to like that man. You would rather have a man that you like stay with you, knowing that he would leave you if he knew your number, than to tell him your number so that you can both go your separate ways. Being honest would not work in your favor. Him knowing the truth would work against you.
No, I would want to be with a man who sees the "number" thing the same way as I do. In other words, I would not want to be with someone who put any sort of stock in a "number".

Quote:
LOL, I'm absolutely sure that he'd stick around. You see, we have actually had meaningful discussions about sex and intimacy. Probably far more in depth than most people.

I'm fairly confident that I would not be sexually compatible with someone who felt that knowing a number was important.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:05 PM

For those who would be concerned about a woman's number, I have to ask what is your issue with it? Are you afraid that a high number means she will cheat? If so, that's the thing you should be concerned with, not her overall number.

A woman who has been with less than 10 guys but cheated on two of them is going to be much more of a risk of cheating in a relationship than is a woman who has been with 40 guys, but has never cheated on any of them.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:07 PM

11 posts, read 5,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
he's not the right guy for me.
Logically, you should have no problem telling a man how many other men you've gone to bed with, in order to know if you're compatible enough to spend decades with each other. But logic doesn't seem to be playing much of a role in your part of the discussion. Shame and insecurity, on the other hand, do.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:08 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Criminal behavior and STD's are both harmful.

Having past sexual partners is not harmful.
What does harm have to do with anything? Multiple studies have shown that the more sexual partners a woman has before marriage, the more likely that marriage will end in divorse. Therefore, that number is harmful. Just because a person has a past with criminal behavior doesn't mean that they will commit future crimes.

Let me ask you this, are you interested in knowing how many people have owned a used car you are interested in buying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships