Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 02:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Try to be the "Rescuer"! One way ticket to friendzone!!!
Or a "Captain Save Aho".

I've always thought it was sad that some of the nicest guys I've ever known get targeted by a "train-wreck" of a woman that only comes around when they need something.

They might really like her or just be such a good guy that they get used.

Personally; I'm SO over the "Bad Boy" attraction thing; those guys are a dead-end street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 02:03 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
They are being subservient when they are acting in ways to win a woman over who is not into them. They are also being subservient when they act that way only to get a woman, but that's not how they act otherwise.
Have you ever seen a ladies man aka womanizer in action ? Most of them literally never take no for an answer. The harder the nut to crack the more pressure they exert.

You're being defeatist.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:28 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
And when she threw out some BS to test my mettle (Which all women will do, whether they realize it or not. They want to know what you're made of), I called her on it.
I call bs on this one. I doubt most smart women need to throw out tests. Life will throw out all the test anyone needs. Artificially making up "challenges" to test one's partner is not what all women do by a long shot.

Just as I would not make up artificial tests to test someone, any woman who did that to me would be summarily dismissed. There would be no need to call her on it.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Have you ever seen a ladies man aka womanizer in action ? Most of them literally never take no for an answer. The harder the nut to crack the more pressure they exert.

You're being defeatist.
That's a different kind of guy than I was talking about. Guys who don't take no and exert pressure are jerks. They are the opposite of the "nice guy" who waits around in the background.

Neither of those types of guy is secure with himself.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:30 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:

You're being defeatist.

You just described a rapist, not a "ladies man".

Old 09-01-2016, 02:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Or a "Captain Save Aho".

I've always thought it was sad that some of the nicest guys I've ever known get targeted by a "train-wreck" of a woman that only comes around when they need something.

They might really like her or just be such a good guy that they get used.

Personally; I'm SO over the "Bad Boy" attraction thing; those guys are a dead-end street.
And what is that "nicest guy's" part in all this? Why is he moving toward these women who are demanding things of him rather than moving toward the actually nice women?

He's getting something out of it, or he wouldn't be doing it. From what I've seen IRL, though he seldom wants to admit it, many a nice guy is attracted because the girl is "hot" or just more exciting than those boring actually-nice girls, yawn.

I don't believe in entire victimization in all cases like this...I think VERY often, both partners have something they want out of the association. It's possible for someone to literally be duped, sure...but much of the time, again, just from what I've seen and experienced, this is how it plays out.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:35 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
I call bs on this one. I doubt most smart women need to throw out tests. Life will throw out all the test anyone needs. Artificially making up "challenges" to test one's partner is not what all women do by a long shot.

Just as I would not make up artificial tests to test someone, any woman who did that to me would be summarily dismissed. There would be no need to call her on it.
Call BS all you want. You may not even know when it's happening. But it does.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:36 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:

You're being defeatist.
Yep. That's a rapist. Or damned near close.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Call BS all you want. You may not even know when it's happening. But it does.
LOL... in your world maybe. Not in mine. Like I said, life situations throw out all the tests anyone needs. No need to make them up.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:39 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
LOL... in your world maybe. Not in mine. Like I said, life situations throw out all the tests anyone needs. No need to make them up.

True, but I think there are plenty of people that do it unconsciously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships