Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 08:49 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

This could potentially cause you and others a lot of problems if not careful, and guess who will be let go. I see this play out in my workplace. Your co workers will eventually pick up on this if it actually leads to something, and just will cause problems between you and them. If he gives you too much attention, people will wonder if you are getting special treatments or promotions. I would get over it as quick as I can.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:55 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
A "boss" stopping by a subordinates office 2 or more times a day because he is doing his job. This is especially true with a new employee. It indicates NO personal interest.

Just wondering about the thought process that jumps to that conclusion.?

Old 09-02-2016, 11:03 AM

I don't know too many boss that actually do that though, you have middle management or a person between the boss and the new person. In my workplace the boss will never come out just to do that, they have people to check on the new person and keep them inform on their progress. I'm sure they can if they want to, but work area supervisors or the person who is in charge of training this new person will keep the boss up to date.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:25 AM

554 posts, read 623,180 times
The next time you see the cute neighbor stop and talk to him and forget about the boss...ugh!

Old 09-02-2016, 12:15 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
OP, do yourself a favor: Go after the cute neighbor you mentioned several posts ago. Better him than your boss - or any coworkers, for that matter. Romance needs kept out of the workplace!
I don't agree with ''Romance needs to be kept out of the workplace''. I know quite a few people that have had relationships when meeting from work, but usually it was in non-professional setting. Like two people working at a restaurant or department store or whatever. Not in a professional setting where there's an office.

But I do think she should stay away from her boss on that level, or he should stay away from her is more like it.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:32 PM

I work with two people who started a work place relationship. The guy was married at the time with two young kids, and the female was single and no previous marriage. The guy ended up divorcing his wife and married his coworker, I know and work with both of them. I don't like the situation at all as it relates to work. Everybody knew something was going on between the two of them, and they tried to hide it for the longest time. Then they were so hush hush about their marriage not a word. People started taking note of it after her name change on paper work around the work place.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:31 PM

226 posts, read 198,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
That means that you actually think it means something that in 10 days time he came to YOUR office TWICE and spoke to you! HE"S YOUR BOSS! I should hope he talks to you! Why would you think that's any indication other than professional interest since he has to understand your role and your job?!

He didn't take your restaurant "hint" because it is unprofessional and has nothing to do with work and he doesn't like you that way.

If you're in your 30's you're way too smart for this. Get a grip...or you're gonna lose this job.
Is she? There are just some people who focus on romantic relationships to the detriment of the rest of their lives. Until they either mature or find relevance in other things, they will twist everything around to look this way.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:42 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Thread closed at OP's request.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships