Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 07:41 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Sometimes women will not tell you other things. Things you might need to know. There are other reasons I could be getting turned down and won't hear about.

So far, I have not known if anyone has been attracted to me. I'm the type of person who looks at it like this. A woman should just be honest.

My looks: People frequently tell me that I look young in the face. I don't think I'm ugly.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-06-2016 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 08:09 PM

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I rarely frequented clubs. When I did, it was only because a friend got me in for free. Truth is, I don't like clubs. Too loud, too much rowdiness. Too much stuff I'm not into. I like having intelligent conversations. I like talking about things that don't involve the latest dance. I'm just trying to look for places that work for me. Oddly enough, I've had more intelligent conversations in sports bars than at the club.

Something else. I'm not looking to get laid. I've never had sex and I won't until I'm married. That is something I'm sticking to. I like having friends to hang out with. If there is a woman I like and want to date,,there are certain things I'm looking for. Sex is not one of things. Love is first and foremost the rule.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-06-2016 at 09:38 AM..

Old 09-05-2016, 08:14 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Can we help you with your pictures? You'd be surprised at what a difference better pictures can make. Some people are surprisingly bad at choosing pictures of themselves.

There are, of course, a gazillion reasons why someone would look at your profile and not contact you. Don't waste your time looking at that. It's a useless stat.
I actually have my pics on my profile, but I have limited access as I don't care to have my pic posted abroad on here.

I do think possibly the pics aren't that good. I'm not a picture guy. I tend to blink a lot when someone's about to take my pic.. something subliminal.. I have to concentrate on not blinking lol

Old 09-05-2016, 08:20 PM

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted posts have been deleted).

I try to get out there more. One reason I go to the places I go to. I might talk to the baristas or the bartenders. Or the persons sitting next to me at the sports bar. In my case, I had no problems making friends when I first started college. Everyone in one place and plenty of time to do thing. I did try to hang out with one of the persons I might after getting a phone number. Nothing came about from it. We live and work far from each other and our schedules just didn't mesh together.

I do need more places to go to or at least a situation where I can make more friends easily.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-06-2016 at 09:40 AM..

Old 09-05-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Not to sound parental, but you're still young and if I were you, I would continue to keep the focus on yourself, your own life, building it into something that you're really proud of. Keep saving money, keep plugging away at your job, be ambitious, climb the ladder. Make your life about you first. The women will come, they will. I've had my head buried in my career and my marriage for the past 18 years and I'm just stepping into a single life that I never thought I would see again. It's like a new chapter. Be positive, build yourself up.
This is has been my thought. I'm using the time now and applying to either PA or Medical School next cycle.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:30 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,525,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I actually have my pics on my profile, but I have limited access as I don't care to have my pic posted abroad on here.

I do think possibly the pics aren't that good. I'm not a picture guy. I tend to blink a lot when someone's about to take my pic.. something subliminal.. I have to concentrate on not blinking lol
Do you smile in your OLD pics? So many men don't smile in their photos, which to me just makes them look a little angry or unfriendly.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Do you smile in your OLD pics? So many men don't smile in their photos, which to me just makes them look a little angry or unfriendly.
If you check out my profile here, you'd see I'm smiling. That's if you can see it without befriending me. I have a filter on it.

Probably the issue is I'm smiling to much.. Not natural. you know how that goes.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
I've never smiled in any of my profile photos. I kept a neutral look.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:35 PM

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Whatever it is the women around here are looking for, it doesn't seem I have it.

Which is fine ultimately.

Count the blessings.. With some of these women, I'm probably better off not getting involved with. Baggage galore.

It gets a bit lonely at times though, but just got to see the bright side of things. Ultimately it's alright. Lose the Hollywood romantic notions held onto since a child. Not everyone will have someone. Just life.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-06-2016 at 09:42 AM..

Old 09-05-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've never smiled in any of my profile photos. I kept a neutral look.
I come across plenty of profiles where women aren't smiling. Actually some where they even look angry. I couldn't resist the one time and messaged the girl bringing it to her attention.

I'm not sure who finds an angry scowl looking face attractive. Certainly I wouldn't think that's a good way to make a first impression.

Like they're angry already with the hypothetical trash that needs taken out. A stern stare for a first impression. Next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships