Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 07:05 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else get this?

I get a good many women checking out the profile, but that's as far as it gets. Most of the women are one's that I've contacted with a message. I think my response rate is close to zero percent now.

Oddly, the person I went with a date last actually contact me first. So I think that makes it 1 in a 1000 lol. I

Maybe it's time to step away from the OLD and give is up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 07:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Yeah. all the time. Most women are either shy or they are just checking you out and have no interest after doing so.

The worst you can do is send out a message and if you don't get a reply back then it wasn't meant to be.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

I get a good many women checking out the profile, but that's as far as it gets. Most of the women are one's that I've contacted with a message. I think my response rate is close to zero percent now.

Oddly, the person I went with a date last actually contact me first. So I think that makes it 1 in a 1000 lol. I

You should have taken a break from it a good while ago mate IMO

But glad you are still in good spirits

What happened with that bird you had a date with?

Old 09-04-2016, 07:17 PM

594 posts, read 379,863 times
Quote:

How long have you been OLD? It's taken me a little while to get the hang of it but as I slowly figure things out I've been getting more interaction.

I think the first message has to be more than just "hi, how ya doing?" I've found I get responses when I clue the woman into the fact that I actually read her profile. I like to integrate some of that information into my initial message.

This is all stuff I've had to learn the hard way, but something else that helps is to use a little humor in the first message, not too much, you don't want to come off as a clown. But a little humor breaks the ice. Also, I get comments about my pics. I posted enough pics so that the women can get a really good idea of what I look like, a couple of my travels to asia and africa. The more pics the better.

I think how you summarize yourself is important too. I've had to go back and do some revisions to make sure that my self summary is detailed enough but also concise. But my efforts have yielded results, which is good. It's all kind of a game and you just have to learn how to play it.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:24 PM

7,449 posts, read 4,681,624 times
Mix it up with Facebook. FB will give you more responses and has less fakes. However, it is not designed for date/romance seekers. OLD is designed for date/romance seekers but is filled with fakes and scammers.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:26 PM

594 posts, read 379,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
OLD is designed for date/romance seekers but is filled with fakes and scammers.
You mean Svetlana with the double d's and perfect face doesn't really want to get to know me?

But her profile says "All I want to do is make love to my man and cook and clean for him." It's sounds so genuine.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:52 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
Quote:

It's probably because you are coming up as a match, or you've sent a message and they decide to look at your profile. Either something within your profile is putting them off or they can quickly decide that you're incompatible by browsing through your profile.

It's unfortunate, but sometimes when women respond saying thank you, but no..., some guys respond with a barrage of hostile messages so women learn quickly not to respond unless interested.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:27 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:

They probably got your message, then looked at your profile and then decided they weren't interested.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:33 AM

914 posts, read 737,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
They probably got your message, then looked at your profile and then decided they weren't interested.
Exactly. I don't know if I'm interested until I have seen the profile, it's not rocket science

Old 09-05-2016, 02:20 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:

I have a really good looking buddy currently doing OLD and he recently told me he gets a lot of views, but no messages as well.

I told him, women rarely approach men in real life---same applies to the cyber world.

So fella's, don't expect some cutie messaging you from out of the blue, because it rarely happens. If you want to get a date, you got to make the first move; whether it be IRL or OLD

Don't think because you're online your in a special place where women do most of the approaching, lmao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships