Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 10:15 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,405 times

Advertisements

Yea your in a tough spot
Kids get in the way of developing a relationship
Thats why i prefer to date a woman with no kids
In your case you need to find a man that will put up with it but the dating pool for these kind of men are small and you need a microscope to see the amount of men.

The best Advice I can give you is keep trying and put your foot straightforward you will find someone
I could never pull it off its difficult for single mom to find the time off to date let along raise 3 children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 10:21 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
How are you meeting these guys? What happens? What is it that they are having a problem with? Does this happen after they meet the kids or is it just about hearing about them
Good point, no one ever met my daughter. Now that she's out of the house I don't have to worry about her opinion or impression. I was never looking for a new daddy for her, ish. The last one ended in a horrible surprise after decades of 'normal', so I just took that scenario off of the table.

Just IME, I do have a "guy friend" with 3 teenage boys at home. He doesn't have long drawn out explanations of what's going on with us to them, that I know of. They know the facts of life and 2 can drive, so they'd rather he be occupied with someone other than them on a Friday night

Old 09-05-2016, 10:49 AM

79 posts, read 220,241 times
Most single moms with multiple kids (especially from multiple fathers) are so desperate for a single man without kids that they are actually prepared to have decent sex with men in order to keep them around. There are exceptions, of course. There will always be single men who will be interested in single moms of numerous kids, especially if they are desperate enough. The online dating sites are full of single moms. I personally know a divorced single mom of two kids (both from the same father) whose inbox is bombarded with invitations and flirtatious messages from men on her OkCupid app. She goes on so many dates with so many guys just for the free dinners and free movies. Numerous men will pursue the single moms of kids for the chance of sex, even if they have to spend money on the woman and her kids. I am not promoting or advocating the behavior of such men. I am only explaining what their logic and motive might be.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:10 AM

641 posts, read 405,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Use a condom. Also they might be out there but I don't know any man that will want to take on 3 kids that aren't his.
Mod cut.

Plenty of guys would jump at the chance but they aren't going to be at the top of the dating game.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-05-2016 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: Off-topic comment.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:13 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
By being taken seriously, what do you mean?

Old 09-05-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwineandpie View Post
Most single moms with multiple kids (especially from multiple fathers) are so desperate for a single man without kids that they are actually prepared to have decent sex with men in order to keep them around. There are exceptions, of course. There will always be single men who will be interested in single moms of numerous kids, especially if they are desperate enough. The online dating sites are full of single moms. I personally know a divorced single mom of two kids (both from the same father) whose inbox is bombarded with invitations and flirtatious messages from men on her OkCupid app. She goes on so many dates with so many guys just for the free dinners and free movies. Numerous men will pursue the single moms of kids for the chance of sex, even if they have to spend money on the woman and her kids. I am not promoting or advocating the behavior of such men. I am only explaining what their logic and motive might be.
The OP could get sex and casual fun with ease any night of the week they want, but i'd assume she's looking for something more serious in which case the options dwindle to below what she's been used too with previous partners. It all depends on whether she's happy to drop standards far enough because there are plenty of guys desperate for a partner,but they're the ones who are struggling to get one.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
By being taken seriously, what do you mean?
For a committed, exclusive relationship presumably.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:21 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Smithe View Post
My husband died, and my boyfriend and I broke up due to incompatibility and it was very amicable, and he sends money regularly and sees his kids and we're on good terms. My husband was a good man.

Why did you automatically assume that the men I was with were losers?
In my world, men who make children without commitment to the mother and family are losers.

And I don't believe it takes 2 kids' worth of time to suddenly magically discover incompatibility issues.

My condolences to the loss of your husband. That's very sad. My bad for that assumption. You did say EX.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:21 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,788 times
I would think your best bet would be widowers or, more likely, divorced men with children of their own. Few single, childless men with honorable intentions will want to take on 3 children.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:34 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
I would think your best bet would be widowers or, more likely, divorced men with children of their own. Few single, childless men with honorable intentions will want to take on 3 children.
Agreed

I know a few blokes that have done and one that took on 4 kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships