Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 05:48 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
I'm currently chatting on okCupid with a girl I messaged yesterday. I'll call her flower, that's her screen name. I was a bit reluctant to message her because she has a 2 year old, that's a little scary. She's 32 years old and is an office manager so I'm thinking she might be looking for a sugar daddy. But in our messages so far she seems really sweet. This one is going to have to be handled with care as I'm not into hurting a single mother by misleading her. She's very cute.

Anyone want to weigh in on this one? Should I move on or see where it goes? Advice would be appreciated.
Are you fine with being a father figure to kids, and all the responsibilities that entails, if things work out long term with her.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
I'm currently chatting on okCupid with a girl I messaged yesterday. I'll call her flower, that's her screen name. I was a bit reluctant to message her because she has a 2 year old, that's a little scary. She's 32 years old and is an office manager so I'm thinking she might be looking for a sugar daddy. But in our messages so far she seems really sweet. This one is going to have to be handled with care as I'm not into hurting a single mother by misleading her. She's very cute.

Anyone want to weigh in on this one? Should I move on or see where it goes? Advice would be appreciated.
Why would you automatically think she's only after a sugar daddy?... If the messaging is going well then judge her on that mate

Yes with any lady you should be honest but a single mother you most certainly should be, whenever there's a kid involved you HAVE to be above board as neither of them should feel cheated. ( not at all saying you would or could do that but in general mate )

If it goes somewhere would you be ok with helping to raise her kid?... Your answer depends on whether or not you proceed or not

Old 09-06-2016, 05:52 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
My advice is if you have to think over if you should go out with someone, then that someone isn't right. I made that mistake plenty of times. When it comes to dating, let the heart lead and the brain reflect. Don't let the brain lead and the heart reflect.
Haha, this actually isn't bad advice.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:05 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
Advice would be appreciated.
And, ultimately, disregarded.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:11 PM

594 posts, read 379,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Are you fine with being a father figure to kids, and all the responsibilities that entails, if things work out long term with her.
I mean, I could do it, I don't know how good I would be at it, but I'm not opposed to the idea.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:18 PM

594 posts, read 379,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
And, ultimately, disregarded.
I haven't disregarded anyone's advice. It would be impossible for me to follow every poster's advice, but I assure you, I have followed a lot of it.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:35 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
And I haven't had any arguments with the Vegan. We've shared some lively discussion over Skype, but nothing that resembles an argument. Perhaps you're thinking of L. L was the one that texted me out of the blue after 3 weeks of silence and then basically ghosted me. I told her I prefer zero communication as opposed to intermittent, meaningless communication. She responded with "noted" and that's the last I've heard from her.
No, I was thinking of the Vegan, but what came across as arguments to some of us, you're defining as lively discussion. So, whatever. Anyway, at least you're checking out some new prospects. It sounds like you're having fun with this new-fangled Tinder toy.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:54 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
Quote:
But I did message one of the women I was matched with on Tinder because I found her very attractive and she's a nurse, which I think is cool. I've never dated a nurse before.
Never **** off your mailman, don't buy shoes that are too tight and never marry a nurse.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:06 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
Never **** off your mailman, don't buy shoes that are too tight and never marry a nurse.
Why not?

Old 09-06-2016, 07:17 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
She's 32 years old and is an office manager so I'm thinking she might be looking for a sugar daddy. But in our messages so far she seems really sweet. This one is going to have to be handled with care as I'm not into hurting a single mother by misleading her. She's very cute.
Advice: See where it goes with V, and then decide. Don't you have a date coming up? What if you start connecting with the nurse, do you still go on the other date? Do you date both at once? That's not handling anything with "care" IMO.

Also, if 6 years younger than you is the oldest you've ever been interested in, meaning you only go for younger women, you may be more apt to question if you're getting sugar babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships