Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:09 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's been less than 24 hours since she posted; maybe she's only available evenings. Why are people on these forums so quick to get suspicious about an OP?
Because when a first-time poster comes on with a wacky story and then never appears again, you tend to think that it's part of a creative writing assignment or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 03:18 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The same reason they jump in with the "WAAAAIT A MINUTE...we're only getting ONE PERSON'S PERSPECTIVE, here!"

Well, yes.

It's a messageboard. Rarely do people come on in groups and share multiple perspectives of the same experiences. Every post on here is from the poster's perspective.

I try to respond based on what's posted, at face value.
Nah, I'll always be suspicious when a person takes no responsibility in their share of a conflict and tries to make themselves come out smelling like roses.

Maybe I've watched too much sopranos, but I know there are many dodgy people out there.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:19 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Borderline personality disorder?
As somebody who highly suspects that my wife has BPD, this was my first thought.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:31 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Although the point made about it has been a short time since the original post( first and only?) I think the creative writing assignment suggestion seems to be the case.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:33 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Borderline personality disorder?
Nailed it!

My brother is actually married to a monster BPD who treats my mom exactly as the OP is being treated. She even had the gall to show up at my mom's house the week after my mom had suffered a stroke. My brother had taken my mom to a post stroke doctors appointment and his crazy BPD monster wife showed up at my mom's house beating on her door and demanding to know where my brother was and what did he and my mom do that day!

My question to the OP is why would her son be attracted to a woman like that?

I have sent this information to my brother. I believe my brother is an abused man living a lie and is so afraid of being alone (co-dependency).

Women With Traits of BPD – Why Men Stay

BPD and The Nice Guy Personality Type

I am truly sorry Linda Matt, no mother deserves to be treated this way by her son's wife/girlfriend. I have to wonder what is wrong with your son to want to be in a relationship with someone who can treat his mother this way?

Old 09-08-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Nailed it!

My brother is actually married to a monster BPD who treats my mom exactly as the OP is being treated. She even had the gall to show up at my mom's house the week after my mom had suffered a stroke. My brother had taken my mom to a post stroke doctors appointment and his crazy BPD monster wife showed up at my mom's house beating on her door and demanding to know where my brother was and what did he and my mom do that day!

My question to the OP is why would her son be attracted to a woman like that?

I have sent this information to my brother. I believe my brother is an abused man living a lie and is so afraid of being alone (co-dependency).

Women With Traits of BPD – Why Men Stay

BPD and The Nice Guy Personality Type

I am truly sorry Linda Matt, no mother deserves to be treated this way by her son's wife/girlfriend. I have to wonder what is wrong with your son to want to be in a relationship with someone who can treat his mother this way?
Good question. But the OP thinks her son is being nice to her and she has quoted that old sayin "men who are nice to mothers make good husbands." and she is FOND of the GF, did you not read this?

I also think it is dangerous to diagnose mental issue with the help of the internet.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:03 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Good question. But the OP thinks her son is being nice to her and she has quoted that old sayin "men who are nice to mothers make good husbands." and she is FOND of the GF, did you not read this?
What I read was that she texted the girlfriend to make peace and in the text she wrote those things. I am certain she really is not fond of her. Sounds as if the mother is trying to make peace with the girlfriend to appease her son or for fear that the son would abandon her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I also think it is dangerous to diagnose mental issue with the help of the internet.
No one is diagnosing...just defining the behavior the girlfriend has exhibited.

BPD is defined by these traits:
  • Extreme reactions—including panic, depression, rage, or frantic actions—to abandonment, whether real or perceived
  • A pattern of intense and stormy relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often veering from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation)
  • Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self, which can result in sudden changes in feelings, opinions, values, or plans and goals for the future (such as school or career choices)
  • Impulsive and often dangerous behaviors, such as spending sprees, unsafe sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, and binge eating
  • Recurring suicidal behaviors or threats or self-harming behavior, such as cutting
  • Intense and highly changeable moods, with each episode lasting from a few hours to a few days
  • Chronic feelings of emptiness and/or boredom
  • Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger
  • Having stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms, such as feeling cut off from oneself, observing oneself from outside the body, or losing touch with reality.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:11 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because when a first-time poster comes on with a wacky story and then never appears again, you tend to think that it's part of a creative writing assignment or something.
"Never"? This morning, which was only about 12 hours after the OP had posted, is way too early to say "never" appeared again.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Never"? This morning, which was only about 12 hours after the OP had posted, is way too early to say "never" appeared again.
anyway she said there is nothing she could do about it and was only venting. so she vented and is gone.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda matt View Post
Son (40 years old) has been dating same girl for about a year. I have invited her to get nails done, go to lunch, etc., always declined. Thought she was shy.
My son and girlfriend had a special day planned last Sunday. Saturday night I ended up being admitted to hospital for bowel obstruction. My son came to hospital (neighbor called that I was being admitted) he stayed 2 hours bringing me clothes and toothbrush as I had been brought in via ambulance.
On Sunday I received a text message from son's girlfriend "thank you for ruining our weekend" my response was "wow, that was hurtful" "you have your whole day planned"
Heard from son later in the day that Saturday night when he got home she had been drinking with friends and decided I had gotten bowel obstruction to ruin her weekend. She yelled and screamed at my son to the extent that he left and checked into hotel he had reserved (he was planning on proposing)
On Monday he went back home to girlfriend. She is still certain I became ill to ruin her weekend. My son is trying to work it out. Got home from hospital Monday night. Texted girlfriend today (tuesday) asking if we could be friends, I'm fond of her, looking forward to a happy relationship with her. Got response that was brutal, she said cruel untrue vicious things. I'm speechless.
My husband had a very close relationship with his mother. I was happy about it and always remembered the saying "a man treats his wife like he treated his mothers". Why is this women so hateful? I know there is nothing I can do, but just needed to vent.
Um, what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships