Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 11:47 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,353,978 times

Advertisements

I was wondering how often the dumpee is ever shocked or thinks the breakup is totally unexpected? I ask because I am dating this girl who I get along with and we have a good time together and I treat her well but I'm just not feeling it. I'm afraid she will be shocked if I end it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 12:37 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
I have experienced a few, though the writing was on the wall the acceptance to admit it was over was not their.

It may take a few days for the other to come to terms with the change, but once they do they will realize there is no point in trying to be with someone who is not interested in being with them.

You just have to rip off the bandaid and get it over with so the process of moving on can begin.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:42 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Unexpected? They can be. Like in your case, OP, everything is going fine, but you are bored. It will probably be a surprise to your soon-to-be-ex.

I know several women who got unexpected breakups when they discovered that their husband was cheating. Not the slightest hint that he was unhappy in the marriage, because he wasn't unhappy in the marriage; he just liked to cheat.

I know that one man I was dating got an unexpected breakup because he got caught cheating. He was really surprised and followed me around for weeks begging and saying that he was sorry and promising he wouldn't do it again. He really believed that if he got caught, all he had to do was apologize and we would go on just like before. Surprise! Doesn't work like that.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:55 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Unexpected? They can be. Like in your case, OP, everything is going fine, but you are bored. It will probably be a surprise to your soon-to-be-ex.

I know several women who got unexpected breakups when they discovered that their husband was cheating. Not the slightest hint that he was unhappy in the marriage, because he wasn't unhappy in the marriage; he just liked to cheat.

I know that one man I was dating got an unexpected breakup because he got caught cheating. He was really surprised and followed me around for weeks begging and saying that he was sorry and promising he wouldn't do it again. He really believed that if he got caught, all he had to do was apologize and we would go on just like before. Surprise! Doesn't work like that.
OP didn't say he was 'bored.' He said he wasn't feeling it.

Those are the best break ups. Blind side those losers!! Well, I mean if they deserve the dumping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships