Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 04:03 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
When I was single I tried Yahoo, Match and POF..... one of them had something where you could comment. I have a vague memory of that, I remember thinking that was a bad idea....
I think pof had testimonials some time back. I heard much telling was there to be had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 04:11 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If such a thing existed, it would be easy for the scammers or bad-news daters to look themselves up, and then change their username. The service would be useless.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I was thinking it would be easy for people to talk smack about exes or other people they dislike.

Why would anyone go on such a place and leave a review. What would be the benefit. So that they can write "Shamrock69" and say "Hey, you have great reviews, lets go see a movie!".
Exactly.

Completely useless.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:10 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
For those saying such sites are useless because people might "talk smack," it's pretty obvious when people do that. You learn to read between the lines, just like you do here with trolls and rerolls. The longer and more dramatic the story, the more likely it is to be sour grapes, revenge, or more revealing about the person complaining than anything else. "He wouldn't tell me his last name for six months and kept saying he forgot his wallet whenever we went out so that I got stuck paying. He's a LIAR and a CHEATER and a SCAM ARTIST. He drinks too much and even though I forgave him when he hit me because I believe in second chances he hit me AGAIN! Now I'm in the hospital and I'm pregnant and he won't PAY!"

Well, hey, idiot, guy doesn't tell you his last name by the end of the second date, maybe you should think twice about giving him a third, never mind six months of your life? HELLO?

Likewise, you can take a simple "he's a jerk" or "she's a [tramp]" with a grain of salt, too.

But most people on TrueDater when I was there used it with the right intentions. A lot of people also left good reviews for those they dated even when it didn't work out. People also had an opportunity to defend themselves against bad reviews, but I only saw that once. The site wasn't so popular that everyone knew about it and you'd be likely to find yourself there.

BTW, the more revealing thing is to do a Google Image Search for a profile's photos. A lot of people out there don't think to use a separate set of photos, and I found a couple of married guys that way. Yeah, nice FB profile with your wife and kids, buddy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships