Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 01:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
OLD is addicting, you'll see you would like it, you can do both.
It is as addicting as City Data, and you can meet lovely ladies, too!
This is not a dating site, it is more meant as an "encyclopedia."....:-D)
It still wouldn't interest me ( and I have tried it when I was urged by mates years and years ago... And had 2 arranged/ agreed one night stands from it .... It was fun but still prefer in person )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why are you hyping OLD to a guy who is very successful meeting women out in public?
Like selling ice to an Eskimo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 01:23 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

Like selling ice to an Eskimo
It's a smart play, the best selling point is they don't need a freezer to keep it cold and they can save on their electricity bill.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's a smart play, the best selling point is they don't need a freezer to keep it cold and they can save on their electricity bill.
In other words I don't need online but it's still beneficial....

😂😂😂😂

Old 09-14-2016, 01:30 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
In other words I don't need online but it's still beneficial....

😂😂😂😂
Ha, I never meant to go there. I was just thinking about ice... then selling ice... and then I could use a cocktail.

You know, the logical progression

Old 09-14-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ha, I never meant to go there. I was just thinking about ice... then selling ice... and then I could use a cocktail.

You know, the logical progression
LOL!

Old 09-14-2016, 02:03 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
I'll preface this by saying I'm a woman, so that alone plays its own role in the OLD scene. I did have success with OLD. I didn't struggle for dates. I dated several men casually, had a couple 6+ month relationships, met my husband on OKC, and am still friends with some really cool people I met on these sites.

I didn't pursue relationships offline. I was approached a lot and had many opportunities, but it was not my style. I did the meetup groups, and they were not good for meeting potential matches for a variety of reasons, and my immediate social circle is, like, 90% married women or women with children. I wasn't that into the bar or club scene, seldom drink, etc., and meeting dudes while out, typically running errands or with my kids, was not ideal. (though I was approached a lot anyway)

I preferred OKC for meeting potential matches who are legit compatible for a long term relationship. My husband had better success on sites like OKC as well. I know he's gone on dates with women he met offline, but they never went anywhere and weren't compatible. He had a better experience gauging true compatibility on OKC.

The ex-boyfriend before him, also met on OKC, dated a few women he met on OKC or Match. He went on several dates, actually. And I know several others who had good success.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:38 PM

710 posts, read 584,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
How did you become sort of serious with someone without ever going on a date?
We talked for a while and I liked her and she admitted that she liked me too. I actually told her I wanted to take her out on a date and she agreed, but this was a day or two prior to me going on nearly a month long vacation with my family. We kind of stopped talking as much and I think she started talking to other guys.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:50 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why are you hyping OLD to a guy who is very successful meeting women out in public?
how do you know that he is very successful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships