Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 04:25 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,524,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Yes.......and yes........and yes again. This is the way the world works, my friend. You may not like it, I may not like it and the OP seems not to, but I find nothing extraordinary about what occurred. Anyone over the age of three has to know that people talk about each other's business all the time and some people never stop talking about other people's business.

There is nothing secret about that forum, so what is so unusual that someone would comment on seeing your info there. It's hardly different from some co-worker saying, "Hi ya, saw you Saturday night on the dance floor at Naughty Lola's Singles Club. Terrific crowd, hot night...huh?...didya have fun? Catch ya later."

You put your business on the street, and sooner or later the street is going to talk about your business.

My thought is that the OP must feel somehow ashamed or embarrassed by her presence on that board.

What Seinfeld could have done with this.

OP, if you think a bunch of women giggling is embarrassing can you imagine what a bunch of male co-workers would have done with such info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 04:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Oh so she told your business to the whole office? Yeah that would make me mad as well people these days need to mind their own business. Stop including yourself in things that don't apply to you and stay in your own lane.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:49 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Oh so she told your business to the whole office? Yeah that would make me mad as well people these days need to mind their own business. Stop including yourself in things that don't apply to you and stay in your own lane.

It isn't your business when you publish it for the world to see. You're making it everyone's business.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Shocked? It's 2016, are you really that embarrassed about online dating? Everyone's at it

I don't see what the problem is. A guy at work told me he saw my POF account. We just had a giggle about the world of online dating.

I don't get why you are so offended. I did defend you on your other thread but I'm starting to think that you are a little over-sensitive when it comes to interpreting the actions of your coworkers. I understand that you might want to keep your private life private but you don't seem to want to interact with coworkers at all on a personal level. Tip: Work is a lot more fun when you get on with your colleagues. Nobody's telling you to reveal your innermost thoughts or talk in length about your personal issues. But a bit of banter, friendly conversations, nothing wrong with that.
Not everyone is at it. I personally find online dating to be a waste of time and it never interested me.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:52 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Not everyone is at it. I personally find online dating to be a waste of time and it never interested me.

So, actually, you haven't found it to be a waste of time because you've never tried it. You never found it to be anything at all.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It isn't your business when you publish it for the world to see. You're making it everyone's business.
That still does not make it right. I don't know the OP's whole situation but it seems he wants to keep his life private and I get it's hard to do that on the job. I wish the best for him because he seems sensitive and doesn't trust people much.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
He shouldn't be dating coworkers in the first place.
This 100%. Keep it professional because if you break up it will be awkward.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:56 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Quote:
That still does not make it right. I don't know the OP's whole situation but it seems he wants to keep his life private and I get it's hard to do that on the job. I wish the best for him because he seems sensitive and doesn't trust people much.
It's his impression that everyone was talking about it. He doesn't know for sure.

It's clear he is not comfortable in an office environment. If he cannot learn to co-exist with his fellow employees, he is going to be continually paranoid and devoid of potential valuable human contact.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
It's his impression that everyone was talking about it. He doesn't know for sure.

It's clear he is not comfortable in an office environment. If he cannot learn to co-exist with his fellow employees, he is going to be continually paranoid and devoid of potential valuable human contact.
I agree. Sometimes at work you have to do things you don't like I found this out the tough way at my job. When I opened up more my coworkers started to like me more.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:10 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
I agree that it's incredibly self-involved and slightly paranoid to assume that two people laughing = two people laughing at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships