Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 10:56 AM

594 posts, read 380,305 times

Advertisements

Stats: 45 year old, divorced, married 18 years, no kids, looking for a long term relationship. I've realized that in order to stick with OLD, I need to embrace it. That means trying to have fun even though I'm not really into meeting a bunch of different women. The dating scene is not my cup of tea, but I'm making the best of it. I started OLD 3 1/2 months ago.

Ok, so I'm not using eharmony or match.com anymore, sort of a waste of money, although I did meet K on eharmony. That didn't work out though.

Okcupid and Tinder are my new go-to apps. I met the Vegan on okCupid. We're going out again tomorrow night. I'm going to give the Vegan a really good shot and keep myself open to possibilities. I don't feel the strongest connection with her, but I may just need to give it time. She's going to cook me a Vegan dinner tomorrow.

Tinder is brand new for me. I just signed up for it this morning and started swiping. Who knows if it'll yield results but there's a lot of women on Tinder, so I would think my odds are pretty good.

For those of you who have Tinder, what do you write about yourself? I don't really know what to say so I've left everything blank, except my pics.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:05 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,549,188 times
I didn't read the part 1 thread mate....

How many dates did you have in the 3.5 months?

Old 09-06-2016, 11:06 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,072,487 times
Hang on - you're the guy from the other thread. Why have you started a "Part 2"?! This is just a saga now!

Old 09-06-2016, 11:06 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,915,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Stats: 45 year old, divorced, married 18 years, no kids, looking for a long term relationship. I've realized that in order to stick with OLD, I need to embrace it. That means trying to have fun even though I'm not really into meeting a bunch of different women. The dating scene is not my cup of tea, but I'm making the best of it. I started OLD 3 1/2 months ago.

Ok, so I'm not using eharmony or match.com anymore, sort of a waste of money, although I did meet K on eharmony. That didn't work out though.

Okcupid and Tinder are my new go-to apps. I met the Vegan on okCupid. We're going out again tomorrow night. I'm going to give the Vegan a really good shot and keep myself open to possibilities. I don't feel the strongest connection with her, but I may just need to give it time. She's going to cook me a Vegan dinner tomorrow.

Tinder is brand new for me. I just signed up for it this morning and started swiping. Who knows if it'll yield results but there's a lot of women on Tinder, so I would think my odds are pretty good.

For those of you who have Tinder, what do you write about yourself? I don't really know what to say so I've left everything blank, except my pics.
I guess since you aren't going to pay attention to your therapist about getting your own issues straight before dating, at least you will be able to provide lots of entertainment about the trainwrecks that are probably going to be in your near future in regards to dating.

I kind of feel sorry for the women who are going to be collateral damage, but they are probably the kind of women who would just choose other guys who weren't really ready for healthy relationships yet anyways.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:11 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,633,924 times
Quote:

You could say that you're divorced with no kids and you're looking for an LTR. You could list a few of your hobbies and interests. Also, if you like cats or have a cat, add that too.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:16 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,072,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You could say that you're divorced with no kids and you're looking for an LTR. You could list a few of your hobbies and interests. Also, if you like cats or have a cat, add that too.
The cats will help, lol!

Old 09-06-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I didn't read the part 1 thread mate....

How many dates did you have in the 3.5 months?
It was a pretty slow start for me as the learning curve for OLD is steep. I've had some issues in establishing effective communication, but I'm working that out.

I've been on 8 dates with 4 different women.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:23 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,633,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
The cats will help, lol!
There are a lot of dog lovers on Tinder, but I personally prefer cat lovers!

Old 09-06-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I was thinking of leaving the divorced part out of my description. I figured being 45 years old, people will assume I'm a divorcee anyways. I don't have cats but I have two dogs. I noticed a lot of people don't have anything written in their descriptions. Is that acceptable as well?

Old 09-06-2016, 11:25 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,549,188 times
Quote:
It was a pretty slow start for me as the learning curve for OLD is steep. I've had some issues in establishing effective communication, but I'm working that out.

I've been on 8 dates with 4 different women.
I'm sure others would and have faired worse

When you had issues with effective communication can you be more specific please?... Like you jumped the gun, said the wrong things, didn't do enough etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships