Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 01:22 AM

21 posts, read 21,428 times

Advertisements

So my woman and I have been together coming on two years (will be August 4th). I am 30 (will be 31 September 6) and she is 43. I love her so much and really would like to marry her. I know it's quite a bit different in our case but nevertheless I have never gotten along with a woman as well as her and we get along great. I have thought about popping the question and have an idea but would like your thoughts.

There is a particular restaurant she loves called Osaka a Japanese restaurant where they cook the food in front of you and serve you. I was thinking about planning a date there and after he is finished serving and we are done eating popping the question. Not some huge spectacle by any means, but more after we have ate a "I love you and you are the most important woman I have known and want to spend the rest of my life with you" kind of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 01:36 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
I think it's sweet. Congrats on finding the love of your life!

Old 07-29-2016, 01:47 AM

Thanks. I want her to feel happy and that I did something special for her.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:19 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Sounds good. Wish you both the best.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:25 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Have you ever discussed marriage? Do either of you want any children? I'm just asking because if you have never discussed making your relationship more permanent you might not get the answer you are looking for. But here's hoping it works out for you both.

Come back and let us know how it went.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:31 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
I, too, was wondering if the two of you have ever discussed marriage.

Personally, the thought of a public proposal makes me cringe. It varies from person to person. I also didn't want to be the center of attention at a traditional wedding. Some women love the attention. It just depends on whether she is one of them.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngerdude View Post
So my woman and I have been together coming on two years (will be August 4th). I am 30 (will be 31 September 6) and she is 43. I love her so much and really would like to marry her. I know it's quite a bit different in our case but nevertheless I have never gotten along with a woman as well as her and we get along great. I have thought about popping the question and have an idea but would like your thoughts.

There is a particular restaurant she loves called Osaka a Japanese restaurant where they cook the food in front of you and serve you. I was thinking about planning a date there and after he is finished serving and we are done eating popping the question. Not some huge spectacle by any means, but more after we have ate a "I love you and you are the most important woman I have known and want to spend the rest of my life with you" kind of thing.
What's different? You've been dating two years and you love her. I hope you're not referring to age. My husband and I are the same age spread as you and your girlfriend and we've been together for nearly 11 years now.

If you two have ever discussed settling down together, it'll go fine. If you have not, I wouldn't propose in public because it might be awkward you both if she's not on the same page.

Though, with a woman who isn't young and inexperienced, I'm sure any proposal will be handled tactfully, regardless of the outcome.

Best to you!

Old 07-29-2016, 09:16 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
What is her opinion on the two of you getting married?

Old 07-29-2016, 01:21 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
If you ask someone to marry you in a public place you will get a public answer, one you may not want.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:53 PM

Yes, we have talked about marriage before. She is open to it. As for asking her I was not going to do it publicly, there is a nice area right next to it and I was planning on getting her to take a walk with me and asking her privately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships