Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 10:47 PM

3 posts, read 13,068 times

Advertisements

I am an interpreter for the Deaef / HOH so I am really good at reading body language in order to convey a message by voice or sign language so I am not trying to just read into something when I wonder this. I am normally a people watcher based on this training and love of sociology/psychology so I notice the little things.

There is 1 person at work who does this only when he talks to me. He's a flirt just by how he will glance w/o saying anything. We have similar interests in hobbies outside of work so he does takes time to chat with me and help me, though we have never met outside of work.

If we are around anyone at work he will barely talk to me other than normal high and doesn't play with his ring because the rumor mill spreads fast and has caused headache in the past for us, though nothing ever happened it was just strictly a rumor. Yet if it's just us 2 (yet anyone could walk in never w/o that possibility ) he's playing with his ring almost immediately and we are just talking about how our day went; nothing even emotionally or physically intimate or talking about any personal things that would be about relationships of any kind. This has been going on for a year. I have watched him talk to others, ladies even prettier, skinnier, younger, or friends he has had at work from long before I started; from a distance I notice he doesn't play with his ring or get all blushed as he talks.

So I don't know what to make of it, I don't want to say something and then it be akward since we work together, but I want to know at the same time LOL... Any thoughts?? Now just a not, I AM NOT LOOKING AT BREAKING ANYTHING UP OR ANYTHING CLOSE TO THAT, SO IF YOU ARE GOING TO BASH ME ASSUMING THAT'S WHY I SAID ALL THIS THEN DON'T BOTHER...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 10:52 PM

539 posts, read 566,881 times
It might be a constant reminder for him, play with his wedding band, thinking of wife instead of you. Or he might be a fidgety person and doesn't have anything else to play with at the moment if it's only when he's standing or in your office instead of his own.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:57 PM

3 posts, read 13,068 times
Makes sense, again I don't want it to mean anything, I just know he's shy and so don't want him to be worried about it if I said something to him or make things akward. I just like the study of people for work and just in general and just noticed it was only with me even though I wasn't trying to do anything besides chat/being office friends.

Thanks for your input!!

Old 09-19-2016, 11:18 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
It means he doesn't find you attractive.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:44 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
I think, your question is better served in psychology forum.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:04 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peoplewatcher79 View Post
because the rumor mill spreads fast and has caused headache in the past for us,
Then that's probably why he is a bit nervous. Already being the talk of the town can make a guy uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peoplewatcher79 View Post
I AM NOT LOOKING AT BREAKING ANYTHING UP OR ANYTHING CLOSE TO THAT, .
What is there to break up ?
Since when did interpereters for the deaf interprit body language ?
I know there are elements of it in sign language, but not whether someone touches their ring or crosses their legs in a certain way
I'm not sure you are being very consistent here?

Care to clarify.......
Or care to just ask this guy you are apparently so friendly with ?
I think you might find he knows more than us

Last edited by bobman; 09-20-2016 at 01:21 AM..

Old 09-20-2016, 12:16 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
He's nervous.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:25 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Nervious/anxiety.

He probably just doesn't know you as well as the others he talks to and it makes him feel some form of anxiety.

The behavior doesn't automatically mean it has anything to do with the ring itself or what it represents. It could just be something he does unintentionally to help calm himself in stressful moments.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:03 AM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
I always find interpretation of body language a bit problematic. People tend to see what they want to see. I assume that you don't follow him around (at work) all the time, so you couldn't possibly know whether he does the same thing with other people?
And as others have said, he might just be nervous. You say that he's shy and that there have been rumours about the two of you in the past. I can see why that might make him nervous when talking to you.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:05 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Perhaps it would be easier to ask him yourself...after all he would know much better than any of us could speculate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships