Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 05:41 PM

594 posts, read 379,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It most certainly can develop between the two over time

To be honest I've been on the receiving end ( thankfully no pun intended! LMAO ) .... Where I've wanted more and she didn't, Naturally it was the exact same set up ( agreed beforehand ) but the more and more I saw her I realised

Of course I didn't expect her to change her mind nor even hoped for the best so I accepted her choice.... But unfortunately as we know a few wouldn't be as understanding or gracious about it.
She was using you for your body. Could be worse, but, yeah it's kind of let down when you seem them as relationship material and they don't. It feels like rejection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 05:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
She was using you for your body. Could be worse, but, yeah it's kind of let down when you seem them as relationship material and they don't. It feels like rejection.
We were BOTH using each other for our bodies LOL. Again I've been on both sides of the coin...... Where they wanted more and I didn't or I wanted more and they didn't.

It does happen rarely but luckily for me with the casual part of things it's goes smoothly and is the very reason why I'm extremely happy where I am now ..... So most certainly won't complain

Old 09-20-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
We were BOTH using each other for our bodies LOL. Again I've been on both sides of the coin...... Where they wanted more and I didn't or I wanted more and they didn't.

It does happen rarely but luckily for me with the casual part of things it's goes smoothly and is the very reason why I'm extremely happy where I am now ..... So most certainly won't complain
But, eventually do you want to find something long term? I mean, the fun, sex phase of life is a great phase, but there's more.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
But, eventually do you want to find something long term? I mean, the fun, sex phase of life is a great phase, but there's more.
Absolutely I do..... But only when the right one or special one comes along

And believe me mate I know there's more than just fun/sex but don't require the rest of it at present

Old 09-20-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:

And believe me mate I know there's more than just fun/sex but don't require the rest of it at present
Heard that. Just the presence of a lovely lady does wonders for the mind and body.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Heard that. Just the presence of a lovely lady does wonders for the mind and body.
No better feeling

Old 09-20-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
No better feeling
They have this uncanny ability to give us the highest highs...and the worst lows. lol

Old 09-20-2016, 06:55 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP:

find a man but why not do so after your children are older?
You take away from them just to have a revolving door in your home. Do you honestly believe that your actions and the example you have set for your children goes unnoticed by them?

Take a good hard honest look at the way you live your life and what your children live in on a daily basis and see if you can figure out exactly how to change yourself and your focus to make those children your top priority.

This is why kids suck. You cant even try to have some happiness for yourself. Doesn't mean you cant care properly for them. Wait until they get older? HOW older? Being a single parent must suck.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:38 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
This is why kids suck. You cant even try to have some happiness for yourself. Doesn't mean you cant care properly for them. Wait until they get older? HOW older? Being a single parent must suck.
Are you kidding? Being a parent is the most successful part of my life. When my daughter was 13 her father and I got divorced. He wasn't there for her, but I can't imagine anything being more important than taking care of, and setting an example for the human being I chose to bring into this world. She will be the best part of my life, no matter what happens after this.

I did something really well, I raised an intelligent, educated, braces off and paid for, drivers license, first car, high school, college, first boyfriend and now living with him and inviting me over for dinner, lady.
Whew!

It was all worth whatever sacrifice not dating may have been, I didn't do it right the first time, so I needed all that time to figure it out, understand where I went wrong, what I even wanted anymore. I had been with the same person since the time I was 18, all my adult life, there was always going to be time for that. You can only help make and adult once, though, and you wont look back and regret it.

Sorry to rant, and I really don't mean to judge, if one is not happy with their dating life though, or brings the same mistake home over and over...give it a rest already! Do your relationship-learning when the kids don't need you.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:48 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
They have this uncanny ability to give us the highest highs...and the worst lows. lol
Ditto with men. It goes both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships