Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:40 PM

59 posts, read 151,789 times

Advertisements

3 months ago my boyfriend decided with his friend to go to a rave and have a guys night. I know I shouldnt have but when I was looking through his phone (out of curiosity, not because I thought he would cheat or anything along those lines) I saw the conversation with him and one of his friends talking about it. It was a month after they spoke about it and he still didnt mention it to me. I dont think he was trying to hide it, but why wouldnt he have told me the plans and think "well maybe my girlfriend wouldnt like me goin to a rave wit my buddy where girls are all drugged up and half dressed" or why wouldnt he think to invite me? He knows I wouldnt have liked ithat he would do that but didnt take my feelings into consideration. The rave is next thirsday and he asked me to come but now I dont want to since he didnt want me to come to begin with and hes just asking out of pitty. I dont know how to feel about this... advice anyone?

Last edited by courtneynicole; 02-11-2016 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: how do I know which forum it will go under?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 08:49 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,448,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneynicole View Post
3 months ago my boyfriend decided with his friend to go to a rave and have a guys night. I know I shouldnt have but when I was looking through his phone (out of curiosity, not because I thought he would cheat or anything along those lines) I saw the conversation with him and one of his friends talking about it. It was a month after they spoke about it and he still didnt mention it to me. I dont think he was trying to hide it, but why wouldnt he have told me the plans and think "well maybe my girlfriend wouldnt like me goin to a rave wit my buddy where girls are all drugged up and half dressed" or why wouldnt he think to invite me? He knows I wouldnt have liked ithat he would do that but didnt take my feelings into consideration. The rave is next thirsday and he asked me to come but now I dont want to since he didnt want me to come to begin with and hes just asking out of pitty. I dont know how to feel about this... advice anyone?
Why does he have to consider your feelings to go out for a night out with the boys? ........ He's been looking forward to this for 3 months and you guilt him into firstly inviting you and secondly then moan because he didn't inform you sooner

Of course the most obvious reason why he didn't tell you was in case you got worried and started a thread on city data or something silly like that

Honestly let him enjoy his night out please.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:51 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,106,105 times
Why wouldn't he invite you? Because it is a GUYS night.

If you trust him, then it isn't a big deal for him to go out with his friends.
If you don't trust him, why are you in a relationship with him?

Old 02-11-2016, 08:54 PM

Lmao I never had to deal wit something like this before thats why im desperate enough to ask for advice from people I dont even know, I think he shoulda thought of my feelings since the last time we went to a party, he bitchhed at me for 4 days that guys were checkin me out and I dressed conservatively and was wit him the whole night until we left cuz I saw he was feeling uncomfterable. I trust him, I dont trust other people and I dont want girls checkin him out the same way he didnt like it.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:54 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,226,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Why does he have to consider your feelings to go out for a night out with the boys? ........ He's been looking forward to this for 3 months and you guilt him into firstly inviting you and secondly then moan because he didn't inform you sooner

Of course the most obvious reason why he didn't tell you was in case you got worried and started a thread on city data or something silly like that

Honestly let him enjoy his night out please.
If you ever been to a rave you'd understand her concerns, Lol

I would certainly disapprove of my girlfriend going as a 'girls night out' to a rave.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:55 PM

Exactly and ive been to plenty raves so I kno wat its about and I would never think to go to a place like that without asking him to come wit me and find it strange that he would.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:57 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,106,105 times
Quote:
Lmao I never had to deal wit something like this before thats why im desperate enough to ask for advice from people I dont even know, I think he shoulda thought of my feelings since the last time we went to a party, he bitchhed at me for 4 days that guys were checkin me out and I dressed conservatively and was wit him the whole night until we left cuz I saw he was feeling uncomfterable. I trust him, I dont trust other people and I dont want girls checkin him out the same way he didnt like it.
If you trust him, then why would other people matter?
Do you think someone is going to force themselves on him?

You both sound like you have trust issues, not a good sign in a relationship.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:57 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,166,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If you ever been to a rave you'd understand her concerns, Lol
Yup Lol...

But naw if the OP doesn't trust them then they have deeper problems.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:58 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,226,696 times
Quote:
Exactly and ive been to plenty raves so I kno wat its about and I would never think to go to a place like that without asking him to come wit me and find it strange that he would.
I'm going to be honest, if you're not going with him (and hes "roll'n") its not going to be an innocent night out with the guys.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:59 PM

We have our own insecurities because we love eachothwr so much, I just didnt expect him not to involve me, maybe im over reacting or maybe he doesnt care about how I feel about the situation which I see as a problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships