Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 01:51 PM

594 posts, read 379,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You can't be a too aggressive or you'll creep the woman out we can also reverse it. If a woman was aggressive with me I'd lose interest in an instant.
Oh believe me, I know. Being overbearing is a good way to have things backfire in your face. However, I actually don't mind when a woman is aggressive. It let's me know she's on board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 01:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Why the hell would I ask someone out on a date who didn't initate conversations and stopped responding to my texts?

Old 09-25-2016, 01:53 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

That's the problem many seem to have with just texting and especially on CD..... They are so scared in ringing someone as they think it's creepy/stalking.... Funny how many of them have dating problems wouldn't you say?
This. We've seen on this forum over time that a lot of guys cling to all kinds of excuses to talk themselves out of going for women that catch their interest. "She must already be taken", or "she'll think I'm a creep", or "She's out of my league", or "I don't want to come on too strong/be too obvious/whatever", that they never get anywhere, and then they come to C-D to complain, like the OP.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:53 PM

477 posts, read 314,693 times
I really hope that you don't waste time trying to overanalyze this thing, op. She just doesn't like you in the way you have hoped. That's it! Now you can either think about this to death, question yourself, question your value to women in general, and wonder what's wrong with you (don't do this)... OR you can let it go. Turn your attention to finding other women who might actually like you or other things that you like to do. Just get over it... such is life.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:58 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
I agree with this 100%. If only that was the way it worked nowadays. I prefer phone calls, but in this day and age that's just not the predominant way of communication in the dating scene. This is sad, I confess, but there are a lot of things that are sad to me in the modern dating world. I either need to accept them are just don't date. Fortunately I've been able to tie a woman down, for now, so I don't have to mess with all this dating crap. But if I do get slung back out there I'll have to play the game by the rules.
Can I ask in your experience have you asked or tried to call them and they have turned around and said " Mo only texting " ?

If yes did they give you a reason why?

Personally I don't mind texting if that's her preference but as long as there are phone calls if not I would make me wonder why I must confess

End of the day... " There's no school like the old school " .... which seems very relevant and refreshing in light of ^^^^ ..... And especially as the more traditional and old fashioned ways are what I get success from

Old 09-25-2016, 01:59 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why is she flaky just because a stranger asks her for her number, and she's not interested in a big texting exchange with him? The OP might have had better luck if he'd called her after the first text, to ask her out. This is one reason texting doesn't work. One would have thought you'd have learned that lesson after your own experience with K, Rocky. But I guess you're still at the blame-the-woman stage.
No need to make a phone call, nowadays people text.
He should have asked her out for a first meeting!
If chatting last longer than one week and nothing more happens, the woman thinks the guy wants just a pen pal!

Old 09-25-2016, 02:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Why the hell would I ask someone out on a date who didn't initate conversations and stopped responding to my texts?
Exactly.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:01 PM

594 posts, read 379,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
I really hope that you don't waste time trying to overanalyze this thing, op. She just doesn't like you in the way you have hoped. That's it! Now you can either think about this to death, question yourself, question your value to women in general, and wonder what's wrong with you (don't do this)... OR you can let it go. Turn your attention to finding other women who might actually like you or other things that you like to do. Just get over it... such is life.
Yep, both of these. You can't take this stuff personally, OP. Rejection is part of the game. It sucks, but it is what it is. You gotta get back on that horse and keep ridin'. Learn from your mistakes. Your communication was lacking in this one, but now you know. I do not agree with the posters that said you should have called her. I think that would have come off as a creeper move. Especially since neither of you had been on a date and she obviously wasn't into you. "Well she won't answer my texts, maybe she'll answer my call" is not sound logic.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:02 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
This. We've seen on this forum over time that a lot of guys cling to all kinds of excuses to talk themselves out of going for women that catch their interest. "She must already be taken", or "she'll think I'm a creep", or "She's out of my league", or "I don't want to come on too strong/be too obvious/whatever", that they never get anywhere, and then they come to C-D to complain, like the OP.
In short yes

You're right it seems many would much rather find excuses than look for a solution..... Which I'll most probably never understand if honest my love.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
There are some women (not all women) that finds everything creepy so men have to play it safe. Can't really blame them I'm myself am cautious because if a man says the wrong thing to a woman he runs the risk of having a creeper label being thrown on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships