Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 02:05 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,656,593 times

Advertisements

I like this question but I'm going to throw it a slight curve ball. Even though a woman might be well off, she may have huge amount of debt that she's paying off. So at the end of the day, her recreational money is down to 0 dollars. Now let's flip that in reverse. Let's say a woman is in the working middle class bracket but she has no debt and her recreational income is higher. She would be more ideal for me because she has more recreational income.

But since I make pretty good money, have a house, and have nice cars, I don't need a woman to be rich or even well off. I just want her to support herself sufficiently. As long as she not a gold digger...... (I have some stories about them!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 04:18 AM

64 posts, read 66,430 times
Preferably a blue collar background but I've dated up before. Just depends on their attitude and world view. A lot of women wouldn't date me since I'm an uneducated tradesman, but I've dated doctors in the past that were awesome people.

Dating is kind of weird since I make more than the majority of people but I seem to get along best with lower/middle class people. I grew up really poor and just grinded hard and got lucky with a rewarding career. I would like to get a degree in the future but I'm busy riding the wave I'm on now. It seems like a huge waste of money when I could use that money to buy another property to rent out.. But then again I may have fun and meet someone in school.

That said, I'm not trying to date people who have no motivation to better themselves, educated or not. Despite what people believe on the internet you can do fairly well with a great work ethic and networking even without an education.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:13 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrov84 View Post
Preferably a blue collar background but I've dated up before. Just depends on their attitude and world view. A lot of women wouldn't date me since I'm an uneducated tradesman, but I've dated doctors in the past that were awesome people.

Dating is kind of weird since I make more than the majority of people but I seem to get along best with lower/middle class people. I grew up really poor and just grinded hard and got lucky with a rewarding career. I would like to get a degree in the future but I'm busy riding the wave I'm on now. It seems like a huge waste of money when I could use that money to buy another property to rent out.. But then again I may have fun and meet someone in school.

That said, I'm not trying to date people who have no motivation to better themselves, educated or not. Despite what people believe on the internet you can do fairly well with a great work ethic and networking even without an education.
Yup and then they try to claim there's no good men out there to date even though we know the stats show otherwise. I'm white collar but only make an average income w/ a job title that isn't considered "brag to your girlfriends about" trendy so a lot of women in my peer group don't consider me worthy of them due to that single reason alone. They mostly want white collar guys that make a lot of money. Even though like 49'er guy said that doesn't always mean much. Someone such as myself that is debt free and has no kids or anything can have more money to play with than someone that makes more than me.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:37 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Why don't you just say "never married" instead of "never divorced"?
Because she can be married, he just dont like em divorced! sheeesh

Old 09-30-2016, 02:55 AM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
middle class or poor, I have never clicked with any women with money.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:18 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
I like the question and haven't seen it asked before.

I pick middle class. Lower middle class and below make me uncomfortable, as does upper class. I am referring more to how someone grew up than her status now, though I'd be wary of a woman who has joined the overlords.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:25 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
In my "class". I tried it for years and it didn't work. I want someone who complements me, not a substitute for me. That's what I have now, and I have never been happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships