Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 04:15 PM

854 posts, read 523,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Surely there would be more anxiety from " going in blind " and meeting someone you've never met before?

Can't see how a phone call causes more anxiety?

Thank you
Actually no. I prefer to get to know someone online first, then just meet. I just can't stand talking on the phone. And perhaps that's the case with the woman the OP is referring to
To t
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 04:17 PM

454 posts, read 312,548 times
I have a no cat call rule until meeting face to face. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,584,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
Actually no. I prefer to get to know someone online first, then just meet. I just can't stand talking on the phone. And perhaps that's the case with the woman the OP is referring to
To t
I'm not disputing your preference and it's fine

But obviously as I'm the complete opposite and wouldn't meet unless a phone call or 2 has occurred beforehand I think differently.

Say after you meet someone online.... got to know them as well as you possibly can online....... whats the difference between a call and in person in terms of anxiety?

Cheers

Old 09-29-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I'm not disputing your preference and it's fine

But obviously as I'm the complete opposite and wouldn't meet unless a phone call or 2 has occurred beforehand I think differently.

Say after you meet someone online.... got to know them as well as you possibly can online....... whats the difference between a call and in person in terms of anxiety?

Cheers
Idk. I just get anxious over phone calls. It's put a few people off, but it is what it is. I would rather just message until we've actually met. Besides, I don't like giving out my nimbler. What if he's a stalker or something?

Some people just hate talking on the phone and I bet this is the case here.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:38 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,584,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
Idk. I just get anxious over phone calls. It's put a few people off, but it is what it is. I would rather just message until we've actually met. Besides, I don't like giving out my nimbler. What if he's a stalker or something?

Some people just hate talking on the phone and I bet this is the case here.
A stalker...... and it's safer to meet in person? lol.

No but seriously it is what it is as you said and as it's your preference that's completely fine , but I'm glad you have acknowledged the fact that it would be off putting to some

I agree that's the case in the thread

Old 09-29-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
A stalker...... and it's safer to meet in person? lol.

No but seriously it is what it is as you said and as it's your preference that's completely fine , but I'm glad you have acknowledged the fact that it would be off putting to some

I agree that's the case in the thread
Of course. And it has put some off meeting me.

And I only meet in public places, so yeah it's safer. Worst case scenario I can do a runner and block him on OKC lol :P

Old 09-29-2016, 05:01 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,840,133 times
Quote:
Surely there would be more anxiety from " going in blind " and meeting someone you've never met before?

Can't see how a phone call causes more anxiety?

Thank you
I completely understand how the phone can be more anxiety producing than face to face. I was a little bit this way (but not enough to ever create any rules about it) until I had a job where I was on the phone a lot and I got over it for the most part.

Still, I feel more at ease when talking to someone (especially someone I have never met) when I can make eye contact, and I can see your smile (or lack thereof), and read your body language, etc. I can immediately tell if you "get me" just by your facial expressions. Much harder to do that over the phone, so in some cases phone conversations with people I don't know can feel stilted, forced, and be a lot less engaging.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:04 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,538,791 times
She was waiting for you to kiss her, or to walk her to her car, as others have said here. First goodbyes can be kindof awkward.

And I've certainly offered - or been offered - a drive home after a first date if he/I lived close by. Doesn't mean it's an invitation for a sleep over ... just a nice thing to do.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:06 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,030,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
She was waiting for you to kiss her, or to walk her to her car, as others have said here. First goodbyes can be kindof awkward.

And I've certainly offered - or been offered - a drive home after a first date if he/I lived close by. Doesn't mean it's an invitation for a sleep over ... just a nice thing to do.
we were standing in front of car after the hug.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:08 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,840,133 times
Do you plan to ask her out again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships