Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 05:27 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,030,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Do you plan to ask her out again?
I was planning to but she didn't want to give me her number after spending 2 hours with me. Then she arrived home and sent me a message through OKC saying

"I had a nice time tonight, how was your walk home through the park?"

I responded a hour later and haven't heard anything else since. That was 10pm last night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 05:43 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,584,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
Of course. And it has put some off meeting me.

And I only meet in public places, so yeah it's safer. Worst case scenario I can do a runner and block him on OKC lol :P
Yeah at least it wouldn't be classed as a boring date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I completely understand how the phone can be more anxiety producing than face to face. I was a little bit this way (but not enough to ever create any rules about it) until I had a job where I was on the phone a lot and I got over it for the most part.

Still, I feel more at ease when talking to someone (especially someone I have never met) when I can make eye contact, and I can see your smile (or lack thereof), and read your body language, etc. I can immediately tell if you "get me" just by your facial expressions. Much harder to do that over the phone, so in some cases phone conversations with people I don't know can feel stilted, forced, and be a lot less engaging.
I get the body language/ facial expressions part of course and yes you can't beat in person, however after chatting online for a bit and with the view to a meet..... it's still hard for me to comprehend if honest.

Maybe it's because I can carry a conversation and have the enthusiasm/banter etc that I have in person over the phone and very much at ease with it IDK.. plus being able to talk for England might help as well! LMAO.

However I would and do respect your feelings on it and I thank you for sharing ^^^^ my love

Old 09-29-2016, 05:57 PM

854 posts, read 523,823 times
And I definitely find face to face contact easier with a stranger. You can pick up on body language. I think first impressions need to be made in person rather than on the phone.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
And I definitely find face to face contact easier with a stranger. You can pick up on body language. I think first impressions need to be made in person rather than on the phone.
That's fine but you can still get a decent impression on the phone from their tone and manner in my opinion

And would prepare you better for the first meet

Each to their own though

Old 09-29-2016, 06:08 PM

854 posts, read 523,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
That's fine but you can still get a decent impression on the phone from their tone and manner in my opinion

And would prepare you better for the first meet

Each to their own though
I'd just get too anxious and probably wouldn't make a very good first impression as I'd come off as cold and uninteresting. At least in person the anxiety usually passes quickly if I feel comfortable.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I'd just get too anxious and probably wouldn't make a very good first impression as I'd come off as cold and uninteresting. At least in person the anxiety usually passes quickly if I feel comfortable.
If that's what is best for you and works I'm happy for you

Old 09-29-2016, 06:23 PM

1,227 posts, read 638,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
I was planning to but she didn't want to give me her number after spending 2 hours with me. Then she arrived home and sent me a message through OKC saying

"I had a nice time tonight, how was your walk home through the park?"

I responded a hour later and haven't heard anything else since. That was 10pm last night
Did she tell you why she does not consider you to be phone worthy? This reminds of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine did not consider every man to be sponge worthy.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Did she tell you why she does not consider you to be phone worthy? This reminds of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine did not consider every man to be sponge worthy.
Only way she will see me again is giving me her number or coming to my apt

Old 09-29-2016, 06:34 PM

1,227 posts, read 638,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Only way she will see me again is giving me her number or coming to my apt
Did you tell her if she comes to your apartment she will get a prepaid AMEX card as a parting gift?

Old 09-29-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Did you tell her if she comes to your apartment she will get a prepaid AMEX card as a parting gift?
Dinner and affection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships