Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 11:24 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,146,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
The motivation to give my number and /or meet 60 men in a year, is what I mean. I do like to meet new people, it's just not the Amazing Race atmosphere for me as it seems to be for others. I don't know what the urgency is.
Well, I don't think there is one answer to that. For me, when I choose to seek a relationship I put time into it and frankly it is fun. Meeting new people and talking is a lot of fun, I really like first/early dates. Of course there are some clunkers, but even if there is no chemistry I find it an enjoyable thing to do. One a week isn't many people at all, but I generally only give it a month or so then take a break as it can be time consuming, and even expensive, and there is more to life that I don't want to neglect. Lots of people I know where I live, around my age, are going out 5+ nights a week, so fitting in one person for a date isn't much of anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 11:24 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,902,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Well I met most of them that messaged me unless I could tell prior that they were no good. Then I would just meet them fast. Like ice cream or coffee and high tail it out of there.
That makes sense! I take longer to get comfortable enough to meet someone and make a bigger production out of it I don't go out with or talk to more than one person at a time anymore either, that became too confusing.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:25 AM

8,161 posts, read 6,059,971 times
Quote:
The motivation to give my number and /or meet 60 men in a year, is what I mean. I do like to meet new people, it's just not the Amazing Race atmosphere for me as it seems to be for others. I don't know what the urgency is.
Well I wanted to get married and live happily ever after so I was feeling like I had already wasted enough time, and wanted to jump right in and find mr. right. What I learned is that there is no such thing as a mr.right and I do not have enough patience to deal with the idiots I attract.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:27 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,029,937 times
We are meeting tonight around the corner from where I live. It's only right

Old 09-28-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
That makes sense! I take longer to get comfortable enough to meet someone and make a bigger production out of it I don't go out with or talk to more than one person at a time anymore either, that became too confusing.
Nah I would talk to a few at a time. I would even schedule them on the same day, so I would not have to drive back to town.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Good luck!

Old 09-28-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, I don't think there is one answer to that. For me, when I choose to seek a relationship I put time into it and frankly it is fun. Meeting new people and talking is a lot of fun, I really like first/early dates. Of course there are some clunkers, but even if there is no chemistry I find it an enjoyable thing to do. One a week isn't many people at all, but I generally only give it a month or so then take a break as it can be time consuming, and even expensive, and there is more to life that I don't want to neglect. Lots of people I know where I live, around my age, are going out 5+ nights a week, so fitting in one person for a date isn't much of anything.
Agreed. I like to look forward to it, the planning, texting, finding out that another person out there 'gets' me, they aren't always saying: "huh?" That's rare and exciting

Old 09-28-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Let us know in full detail, how it went

Old 09-28-2016, 11:35 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,029,937 times
Quote:
Let us know in full detail, how it went
I'm hoping I have time to go home and change because I don't want to meet anyone wearing the color gray

Lol

Old 09-28-2016, 11:51 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,122,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Well I wanted to get married and live happily ever after so I was feeling like I had already wasted enough time, and wanted to jump right in and find mr. right. What I learned is that there is no such thing as a mr.right and I do not have enough patience to deal with the idiots I attract.
You wanted to get married so you met one super-fast for ice cream, tossed him out fast, met another quick, tossed him out fast, grabbed another with hyper-kenetic energy, threw him aside while getting dressed for the next quick "date" and so on? That's how you go about seeking permanence and quality?

Sixty men and they were somehow all idiots, but...not you, the common denominator? There was nothing wrong with ONE of you, there was wrong with SIXTY men from all different walks of life, all different pasts, personalities, situations, families, etc., etc., etc.?

#logicfail

Do you want to learn from any of this or is it more comfortable to say they're all "idiots" out there, with only you, apparently, the one high-quality person in this entire debacle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships