Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 04:54 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,199,119 times

Advertisements

I tend to like different types. So I wouldn't say I ever had a 1 solid type in terms of looks.

Only thing I can say is I don't like fat, or skinny. Toned is what I like in terms of body. Could be lean, stocky, or beefy. But other things like , hair-eyes-height-etc have all varied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 05:44 PM

401 posts, read 553,155 times
She was tan. Now I'm into girls who are more pale skinned.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:11 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,834,225 times
Blue-eyed and blonde-haired. I like that sun-bleached, beach boy thing they have going on.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:28 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,894,593 times
I'm not sure who was the first female I found attractive, but almost all those I liked as a teen were at least average in height, with long brown or blonde hair, fair skin, and slim with boobs. I still strongly prefer that. Except the numbers of those in the USA really drop off by mid-twenties, and 25 is too young for me And I do like them maybe 10 pounds heavier than I did then. Otherwise, they usually look like kids to me or the older ones tend to start looking shapeless and get pinched in the face also (Pfeiffer, for example). I think I've seldom liked narrow faces, but I can't recall the faces of some of my early favorites. Even as a kid, despite liking some of them on a purely aesthetic level, I actually knew enough to be wary of involvement with a female with very fake-looking blonde hair or trashy clothing.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:39 PM

50,941 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My physical type has never wavered. Short-ish busty full figured brunette with long hair. LOL.

I used to get ashamed of myself for being so one dimensional in what I like, but over the years I've said screw it and have embraced it. We like what we like.

I have gone with women that didn't fit my "type" but I never had the baser lower level want to jump their bones sorta vibe like I did with the type that I like.

It is what it is.
Snookie?

Old 10-07-2016, 07:44 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,878,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Blue-eyed and blonde-haired. I like that sun-bleached, beach boy thing they have going on.
I have a couple of brothers for you
I wonder if that's why I'm attracted to just the opposite? Dark, brooding, angular or prominent features....

Old 10-07-2016, 08:19 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Snookie?
She's cute as long as she doesn't speak. LOL....She lost a bunch of weight and now looks weird to me. LOL, the problem with her is her.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:03 PM

4,215 posts, read 4,471,862 times
Yes, but it really isn't a "type" in the - treat female as an automobile with certain features and specifications mindset. I like them of a variety that consistently is fit and healthy for their particular body type.

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post33024564

//www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post28644073

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post33055270

Some recent examples I found attractive with an extra primal pull were a mid 30s Czech flight attendant. She was tall, about 5'9 slender, long hair wrapped up in single classy looking braid, long shapely legs and hips, which moved gracefully, had exquisite natural facial beauty with large cat like light brownish eyes, small breasts, - her movement when she walked and bent over to serve someone in the cramped quarters of commuter plane one could tell she had great body control like yoga / pilates / athletic training or some training regimen that gave her this posture that seemed to beckon to my primal being. I've never had such a lovely woman to look at sitting in a jumpseat on a commuter plane. She had a face that one could easily picture on one of the major perfume or designer brands.

Another was last week on my train ride. I spot a mid 20s brunette. Attractive face with little to no makeup a few freckles and hazel brown eyes which were just a slight bit close. Strong high cheekbone, negligible in breast department - white blouse, and wearing a long granny like skirt (it was pastel pink with black paisley ampersand like design) reminiscent of some old curtains. Immediately conjured up images of a governess making play clothes, a la, Sound Of Music.

What 'got' me was a combination of things I noticed when she got up to accommodate someone else leaving the train and my sitting back down next to her from a prior standing position. She had a wonderful voice - her exchange with window seat neighbor and myself. Her posture and how she filled out a seemingly boring granny skirt with depth of derriere and the overall carriage as she walked away when departing was extremely becoming. Picture Kate Middleton with hazel eyes slightly closer together. There was something ladylike and refined with pleasantness and underlying healthiness that made her trip my primal 'pin tumblers'.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:07 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
If you can remember the first person you were physically attracted to, does someone who looks like that turn your head as an adult?
My college sweetheart, who dropped me when I went into the military in 1966, was a classically beautiful brunette. My first wife, whom I married in 1966, was also a classically beautiful brunette. Their body types were quite similar.

My wife, whom I married in 1996, several years after the ex also left me, has auburn hair, is very lovely and delightly exotic looking. Unlike the other two she was tall and very slender. Guess I was done with short, buxom, classic beauty and brunettes.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:16 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,084,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
This will remind people of other threads, but I mean it to be different and am exploring concepts such as love maps and age disparities.

If you can remember the first person you were physically attracted to, does someone who looks like that turn your head as an adult? I'm going to assume that for most, it will be an older-looking version if the original 'object' was a teenager. Please describe any details that are no longer attractive. Also, if you're single, are you now interested in an actual relationship with someone who looks like that?
No changes in what turns my head. Older of course, but other than that, the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships