Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would the level of youth and beauty of the other woman make the sting of the infidelity worse?
It would hurt more if she was younger and prettier 3 50.00%
It would hurt more if she was only prettier 3 50.00%
It would hurt more if she was only younger 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 06:57 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,273 times

Advertisements

I just had an interesting conversation with two older (mid 30s & 40s) female friends of mine about marital cheating and a husband leaving you for another woman.

During the conversation, both women stated that it would hurt "MORE" getting left for a younger woman that has the face and body of a model than it would be getting left for a woman that is not as attractive.

This seems very confusing because, to me cheating is cheating, the attraction level or age of the person you are left for should not matter.

I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of other women on this subject. I think we all agree that being cheated on and left by a long-term partner or husband is bad, so that is NOT the question.

The question is would it be worse to be left for someone younger, better looking, and sexier than you? Why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 08:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
When the guy chooses the ugly chick it confuses you.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:21 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
No one can determine how anyone else will feel about a specific situation and the one involved in the situation can only guess what their feelings are going to be if not in that specific situation.
I figure if he thinks he can do better then go on and go do better and quit wasting my time.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:26 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No one can determine how anyone else will feel about a specific situation and the one involved in the situation can only guess what their feelings are going to be if not in that specific situation.
I figure if he thinks he can do better then go on and go do better and quit wasting my time.
Preach it, sis!

Old 10-15-2016, 08:33 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
I could see their point. Because if he leaves you for a dumpy woman, you think "WTH?" It's confusing more than anything.

But if he leaves you for someone who is hotter than you, and beautiful, you can't even say "What does he see in her?" Because you, and most other people who find out, can look at her and tell why he may have wanted her.

Then also, if the lady in question is kinda average or dumpy, you can think maybe he likes her personality or may just click better in some way w/ her. It's an internal or mental deal. Versus being dropped because you're just ugly and they wanted something better to look at, and sleep with. When it comes to vanity and physical appearance, some will be very sensitive to that.

The above mainly goes for someone who may naturally be insecure however. More confident women may admit the other woman is hot, and write her ex off as shallow, rather than being down on herself.

Last edited by HappyRain; 10-15-2016 at 08:43 PM..

Old 10-15-2016, 08:34 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
I just had an interesting conversation with two older (mid 30s & 40s) female friends of mine about marital cheating and a husband leaving you for another woman.

During the conversation, both women stated that it would hurt "MORE" getting left for a younger woman that has the face and body of a model than it would be getting left for a woman that is not as attractive.

This seems very confusing because, to me cheating is cheating, the attraction level or age of the person you are left for should not matter.

I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of other women on this subject. I think we all agree that being cheated on and left by a long-term partner or husband is bad, so that is NOT the question.

The question is would it be worse to be left for someone younger, better looking, and sexier than you? Why
Yes, cheating is cheating. Your poll doesn't include the option: "it wouldn't make any difference". Also, you need to ask if infidelity would sting more if the husband cheated with an older woman or a plain, average woman. It's not as unusual as you think. For example, if the wife never got back in shape after a couple of kids, but the older woman has never had kids and looks young, and is energetic, a guy who feels like he's in a rut at home would be attracted to that. Not to mention all the married guys who are on the once-a-week plan or worse.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:36 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
It seems much more logical to be more offended and hurt if they leave you for someone who is not as good as you in whatever way. It could be look for looks or for money or smarts or career whatever.

It kind of puts the exclamation point on how much you must have to suck for someone ugly and stupid and old and lazy to beat you out for your partner.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:39 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I would imagine it would be a sting if someone was left for someone much younger and better looking. IDK. Haven't been the victim of a someone going for an upgrade so I can only speculate at this point. If Mrs. Chow dumps me for the pool boy I'll come back and update this thread.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:55 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,161 times
Meh it's never crossed my mind because it's not even a remote possibility. If a person cheats on anyone they're a disgusting individual and aren't worth giving a care about. People who cheat say a lot about themselves. They're insecure in some way, shape, or form. Maybe wife makes them feel that way. Maybe work causes feelings of inadequacy... whatever it is the cheater is the broken one.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
If a man who committed himself to me (and I to him) decided to get together with someone else while still committed to our relationship, it wouldn't matter to me who she is, how old she is, how attractive she is, w/e. The betrayal would be something I could not readily forgive. They can have each other. It is purely his act of betrayal that would hurt, whether she looked like Angelina Jolie, Mimi from The Drew Carey Show, or Dame Judi Dench is completely beside the point in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships