Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 10:19 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybKings View Post
I never said that. You are putting words in my mouth.

I said the single women that I have run into that were in my age group look very aged or are very overweight or unhealthy.

I haven't run into one that was single that I was at all attracted to in any way.

Pay attention to the word "single".
Why is this hard? Ask out the women you want to ask out and tell them how old you are.

If they don't like it they'll go. If they do like it they'll stay.

None of us can change any of this for you so what is it you want us to say? Just like nearly everybody else, you're going to have to go out with a ton of people before you find the right one.

And yeah, that very specific "11 years" thing sounds kind of silly. Are you sure you're not "prompting" by dropping your age so you can see them widen their eyes and go "OMG, you CAN'T be" because they realize that's what you want to hear? There have actually been several threads about this subject. It's always easy to tell when someone is fishing even though the person is thinking s/he is being sly and acting casual about it. I'm not saying you're definitely doing that but if you are, it's all but guaranteed that the women are picking up on it and just kind of disgusted by it and so they pretty much fade away. Just a thought.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Tried that. Large majority aren't single. But thats how it is, statistically most in my age group would be already married/paired off with someone else for a long duration.
So then where are you meeting these women?

Have you considered a session with a dating coach just to get a *realistic* idea of why you are being rejected and whether it actually does have to do with your real age v. your looks, and if so, what to do about it? For instance, if you're mackin' around campus in a backward cap, well...(That's an exaggeration, but you get the idea.)

Someone who knows and loves you is just going to tell you what you want to hear. "You're so right, you look SO young, that's totally the problem." If so, then as I said, you just have to keep trying. Can't do a single thing about it in that case. But what if it's not the problem...?

Really...dating coach.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:26 AM

7 posts, read 4,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why is this hard? Ask out the women you want to ask out and tell them how old you are.

If they don't like it they'll go. If they do like it they'll stay.

None of us can change any of this for you so what is it you want us to say? Just like nearly everybody else, you're going to have to go out with a ton of people before you find the right one.

And yeah, that very specific "11 years" thing sounds kind of silly. Are you sure you're not "prompting" by dropping your age so you can see them widen their eyes and go "OMG, you CAN'T be" because they realize that's what you want to hear? There have actually been several threads about this subject. It's always easy to tell when someone is fishing even though the person is thinking s/he is being sly and acting casual about it. I'm not saying you're definitely doing that but if you are, it's all but guaranteed that the women are picking up on it and just kind of disgusted by it and so they pretty much fade away. Just a thought.
Why's it so difficult? I dont know. Maybe because I was married and together with my wife for 15 years. We met when we were really young. So beyond that dating and relationship experience, I really dont know anything different.

Things were a lot different back then than they are now.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:28 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,630,651 times
Quote:
A few months ago I decided to re-enter the dating scene once again ever since my wife passed away roughly 3 years ago from cancer. But I am experiencing a unique dilemma .... the problem is that I look at least 11 years younger than I actually am.
[brag] Oh, I know. People can never believe that I'm not still in my 20s. [/brag]

Old 10-17-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
[brag] Oh, I know. People can never believe that I'm not still in my 20s. [/brag]
See, that's what I'm thinking.

It could just be the attitude.

It's always SO obvious when a person "reveals" his or her age and wants/needs to be told "OMG, you look sooooooo young." It's uncomfortable...unless the OP is hunting down very young girls and they're turned off that they're about to sleep with a middle-aged guy. In which case he's really looking in the wrong demographic. "Turned off by middle-aged men" is just not going to work out, full stop.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:34 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,232,733 times
I just realized that the ones telling him 39 is too old for them had been thinking he was under 30
Being almost 40 may have been too old if he was chasing girls in their early to mid 20's.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:34 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
I'm 39. I find that I mostly gravitate towards women between 25 - 29, but there were a few who were 22 and 23 years old who thought I was a student in college like they were.
You're 39, and the women your age ALL look haggard and dumpy?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, right! SO not believing you! How would you even know how old the women you see are? Are you talking about OLD, where you can see their photos and their ages? Because IRL, some of the women you see around you, whom you assume to be in their 20's, are actually your age or older. They're in the same boat you are. They're getting approached by 20-somethings and giving them the brush-off.

This thread is so bogus!

Old 10-17-2016, 10:37 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,760,090 times
I am laughing at 30-40 year old women referred to as "aged."

Really laughing!

Old 10-17-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're 39, and the women your age ALL look haggard and dumpy?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, right! SO not believing you! How would you even know how old the women you see are? Are you talking about OLD, where you can see their photos and their ages? Because IRL, some of the women you see around you, whom you assume to be in their 20's, are actually your age or older. They're in the same boat you are. They're getting approached by 25-year-olds and giving them the brush-off.

This thread is so bogus!
I think OP needs an ego boost due to coming off a long marriage, which can be devastating, but he's only going to keep getting hurt this way, chasing the young girls who try to ignore how old they realize he actually is, until he blurts his age and grins expectantly at them waiting for them to SWEAR they thought he was a junior in high school, and then that's just the last straw for them, they can't do it, they take off.

OP, you're just searching too young and yes, it's for an ego boost. It's 100% B.S. that there aren't attractive women in your age group. You're looking to turn back time and "start over" as if your marriage didn't happen, and in order to do that, you'd have to go back 15 years. You're attempting to do that by dating 15 years younger but it won't work. Like it or not, you'll still be 39 and the past 15 years will still have happened.

Divorce can be rough and yes, it can be ego-busting. You may want to look into talking to someone just to get a feel for where you are mentally and emotionally and to straighten things out a little. There is no shame in that. 15 years of marriage is a long time.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:40 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,007,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I am laughing at 30-40 year old women referred to as "aged."

Really laughing!

yeah, WTF?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships