Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 10:51 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Says the person who advises church as a place to meet dates.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess is that the two of you aren't in each others' target demos. It sounds like you've each found what works for you, though. That's great!
Church works for some people. There are all kinds of churches; even ones that include Buddhist and Hindu clergy, and Native American spiritual leaders as guest speakers. There are some very eclectic churches out there, just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 10:53 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,010,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Recently single so back on OKCupid... I know online dating is bad for men but I recall I had much better luck last time I was on the site (in my late 30s)... i'm 42 and have not had much luck in 6 mos. Been on 1 date and sent around 100 messages, got around 5 responses!!! Although I am getting a lot of profile likes nobody responds.

In contrast in my 30s, I had several dates and had 3 serious relationships in the last decade of online dating.

My physical appearance is infact better now, i'm fitter.. so i'm guessing age?
I would say dating is better for men after 40 honestly.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:00 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,508,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I would say dating is better for men after 40 honestly.
OP wasn't going to find that out with OKC bots liking him, though.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:41 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,447,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
And women over 40 also need someone to objectify them. Just a little bit. Not too much. Just right. Cause everything is going south.
Absolutely NOT.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:34 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Absolutely NOT.
Sounded to me like she probably was just joking around.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:58 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,906,118 times
Quote:
Says the person who advises church as a place to meet dates.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess is that the two of you aren't in each others' target demos. It sounds like you've each found what works for you, though. That's great!
Huh? I've never met a man in church, because it's nothing but couples and single women. Plus I'm not Christian.

But I have dated several 'musicians'. I'm not saying I'll never do it again, but I'd be screening more carefully for emotional availability before I did.

And, no, I haven't found what works for me.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:16 AM

1,080 posts, read 840,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Church works for some people.
Of course it does-- just like meeting people at bars or dating musicians works for others. That was my point. I just thought it was funny that she would espouse one narrow preference while advising against other completely different similarly narrow preferences. Clearly she has very different tastes than the person she was advising, and they are both doing what works for them. It would be like saying, "You like going to beaches for vacations? Eww, that's the worst. You should go to the mountains!"

Old 12-18-2016, 10:43 PM

170 posts, read 189,002 times
No, it is NOT , over 40 here, and I am fkng under 30 left and right ! No, it is not pay for play .

Old 12-19-2016, 01:32 AM

1,080 posts, read 840,094 times
Quote:
Huh? I've never met a man in church, because it's nothing but couples and single women. Plus I'm not Christian.
I never said you've met a man in church. I said you advised it to someone else:

Quote:

Have you tried church? Always lots of single women there.
If you advised it without it even having worked for you, that makes it significantly more odd than I thought it was. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you were making an odd recommendation to someone because it had worked for you.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times
Quote:
I never said you've met a man in church. I said you advised it to someone else:

If you advised it without it even having worked for you, that makes it significantly more odd than I thought it was. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you were making an odd recommendation to someone because it had worked for you.

It actually makes sense. It hasn't worked for her because she is a woman, and she doesn't see many single men, but lots of single women. So she's giving that advice to men, but not women.

Makes perfect sense.

For me it would be a deal breaker because the women I'd meet there are probably religious/superstitious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships