Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 01:11 PM

382 posts, read 337,397 times

Advertisements

Besides the obvious, my ex called me and asked me some questions and opinions on if she would get fired from work if she called out. She wanted to go to the Cubs parade, anyways I said yeah I want to go to but everyone is busy. I said I'll probably end up going, I said to bad we couldn't go together and she said that it would be "weird". I said weird as in how? She said I haven't fully forgiven you yet. So I left it at that gave her my opinion and said ttyl.

I just thought the word "weird" is strangely used here unless I'm just not understanding which entirely possible?

Old 11-04-2016, 01:15 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,620,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1987 View Post
Besides the obvious, my ex called me and asked me some questions and opinions on if she would get fired from work if she called out. She wanted to go to the Cubs parade, anyways I said yeah I want to go to but everyone is busy. I said I'll probably end up going, I said to bad we couldn't go together and she said that it would be "weird". I said weird as in how? She said I haven't fully forgiven you yet. So I left it at that gave her my opinion and said ttyl.

I just thought the word "weird" is strangely used here unless I'm just not understanding which entirely possible?
Interesting stream of semi-consciousness.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:23 PM

914 posts, read 740,708 times
Quote:

Did you ask her what she meant? "Weird" is pretty vague and is not very specific. If somebody had said that to me, and I wanted to know what was s/he meant by it, I would have responded with "Weird how?" or something along those lines. COMMUNICATION people, it's all about communication

Old 11-04-2016, 01:25 PM

Well I did, I said weird as in "we are never getting back together type weird?" Or weird how. And she said I haven't fully forgiven you, I said so you've forgiven me a little bit, she said yeah and I said that's progress. And just finished up with the convo before that was said.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:26 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,386,838 times
What is weird is the fact that you have to have your girlfriend's permission to go somewhere without her.
If she has not *fully forgiven you yet* that is her issue alone and in my black and white world where there is no gray,
one is either forgiven or they are not forgiven, there is no full or partial.

Edited to add: I did not see the *ex girlfriend* part. Why are you in contact with her? Why do you need her permission to do something? Why does it matter if she has forgiven you or not? Personally I would cut all contact completely and walk away from what appears to be an immature player of nonsense games.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:27 PM

I'm guessing it would be awkward if we hung out and she's still mad at me or hasn't forgiven me for everything yet.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:10 PM

914 posts, read 740,708 times
Quote:
Well I did, I said weird as in "we are never getting back together type weird?" Or weird how. And she said I haven't fully forgiven you, I said so you've forgiven me a little bit, she said yeah and I said that's progress. And just finished up with the convo before that was said.
Without having much context or any sort of information about your relationship, about why you broke up, whether you were friends before, how you guys left it after the breakup, whether one or both of you want to get back together or if you fell out etc. etc. - My guess is that you are now re-defining the way you relate to each other. You clearly didn't go "no contact" so it's now all about negotiating what kind of relationship (non-romantic or not) you will have going forward. There are clearly still some negative feelings left on your ex's side (she hasn't forgiven you yet apparently) yet there you are, having a friendly conversation about stuff on the phone. There might still be some romantic feelings left as well - I assume the relationship wasn't all bad, regardless of the reason for the break up, right?! And it's sometimes difficult to move on from what you're used to. Having that person to talk to about everyday stuff like whether to go to a parade or whatnot. All very contradicting emotions. That must feel pretty "weird", or strange or odd.. as in difficult understand, explain, make sense of.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:14 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,800,688 times
Oh, you're the racist lying guy who got fired.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...need-help.html

Old 11-04-2016, 03:21 PM

We did no contact but she kept contacting me the most we went was a week then she would contact me. She knows that I will not be friends. It's all or nothing. But because she said there's a chance I've done my own thing now but she still contacts me and I'm just friendly to her. I lied to her, a big lie. Now obviously there's a time frame for how long I can keep my feelings towards her and vice versa. For instance the other night I went to the bar to watch Cubs game with friends. She asked if I watched the game and I said yes I went to the bar. Immediately she asked with who? I said friends and she kept persisting. I said my friend nick and his friend. She is 95% of the time contacting me. "Hey" "How are you" and then just tried to talk to me.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:22 PM

8,924 posts, read 7,750,034 times
You are STILL foolin with this girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships