Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 07:33 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
As opposed to the literal, hundreds, or thousands, of women who are not posting things like that.
Not to mention the fact that when someone is dissatisfied in their relationship, their words will often make it sound like their partner is not very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Here's the truth: there are some people who continually choose unhealthy partners in their relationships. And, yes, there are some women who certainly follow the "steps" that you set forth in your earlier post.

Where this truth turns into misogyny is when you couch what you say as true of all women, or even a majority of them.

For example, in what you have said here- if you had put in one simple word, there really wouldn't be an issue:

you realize that some women get attracted to jerks over and over again (and many still want them even after they show neglect or no interest!).

It's a small word that makes a huge difference.
It seem pretty common on here that some people seem to need to blame others for their own failures.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:52 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaoudeyeh View Post
If "misogyny" means "truth," then what I said is indeed misogyny! Deep inside you, you realize that women get attracted to jerks over and over again (and many still want them even after they show neglect or no interest!). If you do not believe me, just check other threads to see how many women have concerns:
What? Seriously? Deep inside I don't realize any such thing. What I know and have observed is that most women avoid jerks like the plague, and warn each other about them, if necessary. There's a grapevine among women, whereby they warn each other of the bad-news guys. It's a small minority of women who tend to be attracted to guys who aren't good for them, due to issues in their upbringing, usually. Self-esteem issues, in most cases.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:48 AM

151 posts, read 102,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Where are you getting this "most women" nonsense from? Your own personal experience? From reading blogs, PUA posts, or Manosphere articles?

Please explain how you are getting the idea that selecting jerks who treat them badly is what most women do.
1. Women statements. For example:
https://youtu.be/9N1i9NPGrVA
https://youtu.be/oSyOb8nKR20

2. The threads of women here about their BFs

3. What I can see in real life, at least here in North Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What? Seriously? Deep inside I don't realize any such thing. What I know and have observed is that most women avoid jerks like the plague, and warn each other about them, if necessary. There's a grapevine among women, whereby they warn each other of the bad-news guys. It's a small minority of women who tend to be attracted to guys who aren't right for them, due to issues in their upbringing, usually. Self-esteem issues, in most cases.
I realize that women try to avoid jerks and bad guys. But they become irresistible to women due to some bad characteristics that women misinterpret as good ones.

These guys seem to resemble some of the desirable characteristics that women want. Women tend to see them as 1. confident, 2. fearless (e.g., not afraid of rejection), and 3. resist putting someone ahead of their interests (i.e., do not allow people to walk over them). Their confidence is rather an arrogance, their fearlessness is rather a negligence, and their resistance to putting anyone ahead of their interests is rather a selfishness.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
1. Women statements. For example:
https://youtu.be/9N1i9NPGrVA
https://youtu.be/oSyOb8nKR20

2. The threads of women here about their BFs

3. What I can see in real life, at least here in North Dakota

I realize that women try to avoid jerks and bad guys. But they become irresistible to women due to some bad characteristics that women misinterpret as good ones.

These guys seem to resemble some of the desirable characteristics that women want. Women tend to see them as 1. confident, 2. fearless (e.g., not afraid of rejection), and 3. resist putting someone ahead of their interests (i.e., do not allow people to walk over them). Their confidence is rather an arrogance, their fearlessness is rather a negligence, and their resistance to putting anyone ahead of their interests is rather a selfishness.
So you don't seem to get the fact that SOME women (usually women who had dads who didn't treat them well) are attracted to jerks. Just like there are SOME guys who are attracted to women who don't treat them very well (you can read all about those guys here also) because they have their own issues from their families of origin.

What you are missing is that this is not ALL women, or even most of them. For some reason, the kinds of women who like good guys seem to be invisible to you. Maybe it is because you are one of those guys who is only attracted to women who aren't available to you. Or maybe it is because you are only attracted to women who are out of your league who don't find you attractive. Or maybe it is because you are not attractive to most women and need some kind of rationalization about why women don't like you.

Do you realize that good guys can be confident, fearless, and not put someone else ahead of their needs without being jerks?

There are millions of women who are with good guys. As far as those vids that you posted, yes, there are SOME women like that. Those are the women with emotional intimacy issues who are usually very dysfunctional people. Emotionally healthy people (both men and women) are attracted to others who treat them well.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
If you did happen to be right about this, then you really only have two choices when it comes to being involved with women
  1. Become a bad boy jerk since this is what, according to you, all women go for.
  2. Give up on ever being having a romantic relationship with a woman and remain a relationship virgin.
After all, according to you, pretty much all women only want one kind of guy and that is the jerk/bad guy. Unless you are that guy, you will never have a relationship with a woman.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
So you don't seem to get the fact that SOME women (usually women who had dads who didn't treat them well) are attracted to jerks. Just like there are SOME guys who are attracted to women who don't treat them very well (you can read all about those guys here also) because they have their own issues from their families of origin.

What you are missing is that this is not ALL women, or even most of them. For some reason, the kinds of women who like good guys seem to be invisible to you. Maybe it is because you are one of those guys who is only attracted to women who aren't available to you. Or maybe it is because you are only attracted to women who are out of your league who don't find you attractive. Or maybe it is because you are not attractive to most women and need some kind of rationalization about why women don't like you.

Do you realize that good guys can be confident, fearless, and not put someone else ahead of their needs without being jerks?

There are millions of women who are with good guys. As far as those vids that you posted, yes, there are SOME women like that. Those are the women with emotional intimacy issues who are usually very dysfunctional people. Emotionally healthy people (both men and women) are attracted to others who treat them well.
As far as looks are concerned, I am not picky at all. If I walked on the street now, I would find that the looks of 50% of women are good enough for me, 20% are quite attractive, and 10% are well above what I actually want.

My looks are not that bad; slim body, well-trimmed and beautiful-looking hair, well-dressed, healthy and clean. I do not have white teeth. My brother is a dentist, and he told me that this is their natural color, and I cannot get cosmetic work due to chronic gum problems. My eyes are brown and not special by any means. But still, I can tell you that I have seen couples with quite a gap in looks. Average looking men with very gorgeous (but not extremely so) women and average looking women with very handsome (again, but not extremely so) men. I am about to post a thread about why I cannot ignite an attraction initially.

As far as having confidence and fearlessness, I already have them, but they tend to be more in contexts other than social situations. I believe that I should post an independent thread about this.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
As far as looks are concerned, I am not picky at all. If I walked on the street now, I would find that the looks of 50% of women are good enough for me, 20% are quite attractive, and 10% are well above what I actually want.

My looks are not that bad; slim body, well-trimmed and beautiful-looking hair, well-dressed, healthy and clean. I do not have white teeth. My brother is a dentist, and he told me that this is their natural color, and I cannot get cosmetic work due to chronic gum problems. My eyes are brown and not special by any means. But still, I can tell you that I have seen couples with quite a gap in looks. Average looking men with very gorgeous (but not extremely so) women and average looking women with very handsome (again, but not extremely so) men. I am about to post a thread about why I cannot ignite an attraction initially.

As far as having confidence and fearlessness, I already have them, but they tend to be more in contexts other than social situations. I believe that I should post an independent thread about this.
What is the reason you think women are not interested in you?

Old 11-11-2016, 02:46 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:

What makes you think that looks have much of anything to do with attracting women? Near as I can tell, your problem is that you're viewing women as objects. After a lifetime of dealing with that particular issue, most woman have developed pretty good RADAR for it and avoid men with that issue like the plague.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
What is the reason you think women are not interested in you?
I cannot speak well due to depression having my mind blank most of the time. I am writing very detailed thread about myself now. I will post it soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships