Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 10:36 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times

Advertisements

Walk in the park? Coffee / Espresso?

I don't like the movies for dates (unless it's like the 6th or 7th date). Can't learn much about someone in the movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 10:36 AM

735 posts, read 452,724 times
If you feel the mutual interest at the end of the date, be proactive and ask her what date she'll be available next week, and that you'd like to see her again. If she's up for it, make plan for the second date. Depending on the girl, she may or may not want you to kiss her on the first date. Err on the side of caution of not kissing her, but show lots of interest on her. A good hug will do. Dress casual but neat and clean.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:42 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
That's another thing I was worried about. We live quite a distance from each other and neither of us have cars so I was going to meet up with her via public transportation, so I'm not going to take her home. She's not my girlfriend yet, so I was just going to give her a hug.
I don't think you should wait to kiss her until she's your girlfriend. You don't have to kiss her on the first date if you don't want, that's not a big deal at your age. I personally did when I was a little older but I didn't all the time when I was that young. But even when I didn't kiss on the first date, I definitely did before she was my girlfriend officially. I actually had my first real kiss with my first real girlfriend (she wasn't my first kiss though) just seconds before I asked her to be my girlfriend.

I was her first kiss but it was nice.
Quote:
She was actually the one who suggested we go to the movies. I'll talk to her about doing something prior to the movie.
I think movies are fine when you're that age. I definitely did it with the girl I just mentioned in the other post. She was 18 and I was 20, and we wound going out for over 5 years. Our first date was actually at her house and watched a couple DVD's and ate steak ums in her living room, that her mom made haha.

If she suggested movies, I think that's fine. But I'd also try and get some quality time in other than that. Whether it's before or after.

Good luck!

Old 11-01-2016, 11:39 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
It's probably not feasible for you, because of transportation and distance, but if both people have pets, the first date should 99.9% of the time the date should involve pets.

Park or patio bar/restaurant with dogs over pretty much anything else.

Old 11-01-2016, 12:03 PM

43 posts, read 27,685 times
Quote:
I've been talking to this girl for a while now and we've decided to go see a movie together. We've been texting and talking on the phone. I'm kind of nervous as I've never been on a date before (I'm only 19). I'm just worried about doing or saying the wrong thing. I don't want to make it awkward.
This isn't high school we're you have to take things slowly. So I strongly suggest you don't go to the movies. Meet up somewhere casual so you can just talk and get to know each other. You know the ultimate goal is love and passion. As I said multiple times women know if they any you on he first meet. If you were older I would say escalate, but since you're only 19 just be yourself and let her come to you. Don't say anything nice to her.

Just be yourself and if those cues are there I would move for a kiss and ask her to come back to your place. If she likes you she will come back to your place. If not she will make objections. However y biggest advice to you is not to do anything where money will be involved. No movie or dinner dates. Just meet up somewhere where both of you can establish that connection. If that connection is there move fast(ask her to come back to your place and be a man).

Old 11-01-2016, 03:20 PM

710 posts, read 584,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranger989 View Post
This isn't high school we're you have to take things slowly. So I strongly suggest you don't go to the movies. Meet up somewhere casual so you can just talk and get to know each other. You know the ultimate goal is love and passion. As I said multiple times women know if they any you on he first meet. If you were older I would say escalate, but since you're only 19 just be yourself and let her come to you. Don't say anything nice to her.

Just be yourself and if those cues are there I would move for a kiss and ask her to come back to your place. If she likes you she will come back to your place. If not she will make objections. However y biggest advice to you is not to do anything where money will be involved. No movie or dinner dates. Just meet up somewhere where both of you can establish that connection. If that connection is there move fast(ask her to come back to your place and be a man).
I couldn't ask her to come back to my place just because of distance reasons and the fact that we both live with our parents.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:39 PM

31 posts, read 17,880 times
If it's the first date you've ever been on in your life, that's going to be one long movie. You're going to spend what feels like 15 hours sitting next to her, and when the movie's over you won't remember a thing about it. But, if that's what she wants to do, then you're going to do it!

I suggest meeting her a little before. Is the theatre in a mall somewhere? If it is, suggest that you meet a half hour early since you're both relying on public transportation. Then spend 20 or 30 minutes just strolling around windowshopping in the stores. You'll both feel much more relaxed and comfortable once the move starts.

My best advice (as a former teenage girl) is to relax and be yourself. Try to be lighthearted and amusing, but don't try too hard to be funny. Girls like to laugh, but by that age they don't like clowns. Don't force it; sometime over a 20-minute period you will get at least one or two opportunities to say something witty but low-key. Just wait for the moment, and say the right thing when it appears.

Also - compliment her, but don't be too obvious about it, or it may make her feel uncomfortable and on the spot. For example, if she points to a sweater in a store and says "Isn't that nice", say something like "oh, that would look good on you with your eyes." Or something like that. Again, don't force it - just see if you get a chance to sneak one in.

Oh, and LISTEN TO HER! When she's talking, pay attention and don't interrupt! When she's said something, respond in a way that shows you were listening and that you understood her. And ask her questions! When you tell her something about something you did, or something you heard on the news, or whatever, ask her what she thinks about it.

Be sincere, be polite, be someone she enjoys being around and feels comfortable with. And she'll want to be around you again.

Oh, and good luck! Report back, OK?

Old 11-01-2016, 03:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
If you asked her out, be a gentleman and pay.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:45 PM

43 posts, read 27,685 times
Quote:
I couldn't ask her to come back to my place just because of distance reasons and the fact that we both live with our parents.
Then just be yourself and have fun. Frame for a second date and plan to move on her fast the second time you see her. Whether getting a hotel or something. This day just have fun and connect with her. As others pointed out, pick a spot where both of you will talk and connect. You really can't do that with a movie or dinner date. Remember girls knownif they like you within minutes. So it's best to just be yourself. If she sees that you're comfortable in your own skin it's a plus. However I urge you to move fast when he opportunity presents itself. DOnt be a beta male. If you notice those cues that she likes you kiss her deeply with your tongue.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:51 PM

710 posts, read 584,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If you asked her out, be a gentleman and pay.
I didn't. I'll bring enough money to pay for stuff for her as well as me but she was the one who suggested it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships