Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 10:23 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,808,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
By "find it weird," do you mean you don't have a romantic interest in him?

It sounds like romantic interest (on his part) to me. Men just don't randomly kiss their female friends on the neck without it meaning something more, IMO...not unless they've known each other for years and literally think of one another in a brother-and-sister way or something, and even then...I don't know, I can say my actual brother has never kissed me on the neck. Nor has my brother-in-law. So it sounds like a "something more" feeling on his part.

I actually think this is really sweet but I understand that if you're not into it, it won't feel sweet, it will feel unwanted.
What's weird is, we joke around a lot but he doesn't overtly flirt with me, so that's why it kinda took me by surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
So...are you, or are you not interested in him romantically?

The answer will be your heads-up as far as what to do from here.
I do find him attractive, but feel like he sends mixed messages. About a month ago he and I were both at a dance social the studio throws, and he didn't even say "hi" to me, so figured he can't be all that interested if he won't even acknowledge me outside of the class.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:29 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I do find him attractive, but feel like he sends mixed messages. About a month ago he and I were both at a dance social the studio throws, and he didn't even say "hi" to me, so figured he can't be all that interested if he won't even acknowledge me outside of the class.
Mmmmmmmmm yeah...I wouldn't waste time with this, personally.

I don't love that push-pull kind of thing or having to "figure out" whether or not a person is into me. IMO, if he is hot and cold with you, he is only intermittently interested in you and it's literally in the moment, BUT it's in an oddly overly-familiar way. To me this says: if he wants anything, it's a hit-it-and-quit-it. Once you're not physically in his sphere doing something sexy like dancing, you basically don't exist to him. No thanks.

JMO. I could certainly be wrong.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:31 AM

Let me add just one more thing. If someone wouldn't even acknowledge me at various times I sure wouldn't be overly-friendly with him when he decided he felt like it (in this case, during class). That's not "a friend." How disrespectful. He can call out 16 all alone over there, IMO. Let him call out 16 to his left hand. You cool off. Smile politely and let your eyes wander back to your current dancing partner or the instructor. That's just what I'd do.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:32 AM

10,212 posts, read 17,864,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
He likes you. What's confusing about that?
Exactly.

Is a kiss on the neck weird from someone who you have no established romantic relationship with weird? Yeah, a little - but he was obviously being flirty in a bold way and making it clear he has romantic interest in you. If you like him romantically, then it shouldn't be a problem - ask him out or something. If you don't like him romantically, stop flirting with him, it's giving him the wrong impression and leading him to think it's okay to do bold things like kiss you on the neck.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:36 AM

10,212 posts, read 17,864,610 times
Quote:
What's weird is, we joke around a lot but he doesn't overtly flirt with me, so that's why it kinda took me by surprise.
Joking around can be flirting.

Quote:
Maybe he didn't see you? Maybe he was shy? Does he seem socially awkward in other ways? Or does he seem to have an exuberant personality where randomly kissing people on the neck might be his "norm"? What is his cultural background?

Old 11-03-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Let me add just one more thing. If someone wouldn't even acknowledge me at various times I sure wouldn't be overly-friendly with him when he decided he felt like it (in this case, during class). That's not "a friend." How disrespectful. He can call out 16 all alone over there, IMO. Let him call out 16 to his left hand. You cool off. Smile politely and let your eyes wander back to your current dancing partner or the instructor. That's just what I'd do.

It's funny you say that, because the couple of classes after that social I acted very cold with him. I didn't want to be mean or anything, but if he would say something to me I would just give a quick smile back without saying much, but eventually he got back in my good graces

Old 11-03-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Joking around can be flirting.

Maybe he didn't see you? Maybe he was shy? Does he seem socially awkward in other ways? Or does he seem to have an exuberant personality where randomly kissing people on the neck might be his "norm"? What is his cultural background?

He jokes around with a lot of the other in class as well, both men and women...but I don't see him kissing any of their necks.

He saw me, he's definitely not shy or socially awkward in the least bit...I'd say he's more of a social butterfly rather than anything else. He's of a hispanic background.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
It's funny you say that, because the couple of classes after that social I acted very cold with him. I didn't want to be mean or anything, but if he would say something to me I would just give a quick smile back withough saying much, but eventually he got back in my good graces
He's playing you. He's testing you. How much can he ignore you yet get you to come running back to flirt with him? How much can he muscle in on you (neck-kiss? Really?) and have you respond positively?

He's warming you up for later. Or for a possible later. He doesn't even really care enough to make some sort of concerted effort or acknowledge you outside of class. ICK.

Let this guy 16 all alone with his mouse tonight. I WOULD NOT be giving this dude the time of day. N to the ope.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:43 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
I'd definitely skip it if he runs hot and cold. No time for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships