Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 07:10 PM

290 posts, read 213,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracoroni View Post

Now you're getting it.

Here's a current example of the BS that I deal with. A girl approached me at the gym about a month ago under the guise of becoming my gym buddy. I had no idea how to interpret this. We went to the gym a few times and then went out a few times. Again, I had no idea what was going on so I asked her on a legitimate date (this was only 2 weeks into knowing each other....I didn't want to wait around). She rejected me, saying that she only wanted to be friends.

I was upset but got over it in a day or 2 (in that time, I met this new girl). The gym girl invited me to the gym, but I declined.

After I got rejected by the new girl yesterday, I was, again, upset. So I contacted the gym girl, my "friend", that lives in my complex. I went over to her place to talk about this, since we're friends. Well, she got upset with me that I didn't pursue her more and was asking me why. She then gave me a story about a current guy that she rejected and he is now pursuing her, which she likes.

She was also upset that I called her up only when I needed to talk about something that was upsetting me.

But I thought we were friends. Guess not. What she really wanted was for me to pursue her. Why not just say that?

It got me wondering whether or not the current girl is doing the same thing (and many women have done this to me in the past, more women than not actually).
lol..and this is why us guys think a lot of women are just absolutely insane.

some women like these just enjoy the ego boost it seems like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 07:11 PM

290 posts, read 213,483 times
Quote:
Yup. Gone are the days of logic in the courting process. This is because it all hinges on female emotion and their sense of morality (and we all know how that goes).
ur exactly right.

these days, women simply change their mind like the wind based on anything and everything. they might be so interested in you one day and then drop off the face of the earth the next one. this is why i don't even get excited when a woman shows interest anymore. i just assume it wont last.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:47 PM

102,074 posts, read 107,051,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Imagine what? That I'm describing that situation as going out with a friend, to me that's what it is. Everyone has different perspectives.

Ha, Happy Snippy Saturday
It can't be a friend if he's a stranger. If you've never met the person before (OLD first date, or blind date, or someone you've only met briefly), he's not a friend. He's someone you're becoming acquainted with, which is dating, unless you both have decided in advance that you only have a platonic interest in each other. But no one does that on OLD, or it's very rare, and that's not what blind dates are about, either. Nor are dates that result from chatting with someone in a public place (grocery store, concert, whatever).

Old 11-05-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
ur exactly right.

these days, women simply change their mind like the wind based on anything and everything. they might be so interested in you one day and then drop off the face of the earth the next one. this is why i don't even get excited when a woman shows interest anymore. i just assume it wont last.
So, you regard the cascade of threads on here about men who do exactly what you describe as what, works of fiction?

Old 11-05-2016, 07:54 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,387,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, you regard the cascade of threads on here about men who do exactly what you describe as what, works of fiction?
He might just be referring to his own experiences since he's attracted to women.

Truth is, what he says is definitely something both genders do, unfortunately.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:56 PM

35 posts, read 20,072 times
Quote:
lol..and this is why us guys think a lot of women are just absolutely insane.

some women like these just enjoy the ego boost it seems like.
Quote:
ur exactly right.

Yup. I have no patience for this. I've friendzoned the gym buddy and will pretty much only contact her to vent about all of the BS I'm sure to continuously encounter now that I'm actively dating again.

The one that friendzoned me is still an option though. There's a lot more to the story than what I wrote. She actually has legitimate reasons for playing games. So I'm giving that one the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, I'm still meeting other women.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:57 PM

35 posts, read 20,072 times
Quote:
Men don't seem to do this as much as women. And if women keep encountering this, maybe they should stop chasing the Jakes and Chads and give some of us normal guys a chance. Just a thought.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:57 PM

10,340 posts, read 5,826,729 times
Quote:
It can't be a friend if he's a stranger. If you've never met the person before (OLD first date, or blind date, or someone you've only met briefly), he's not a friend. He's someone you're becoming acquainted with, which is dating, unless you both have decided in advance that you only have a platonic interest in each other. But no one does that on OLD, or it's very rare, and that's not what blind dates are about, either. Nor are dates that result from chatting with someone in a public place (grocery store, concert, whatever).
Well...if we're going to continue going down this road, someone I'm getting aquainted with isn't my date until I'm out on a date. Someone I messaged with, then texted with, then talked to on phone, got along well enough to meet in person seems like a friend. I think the debate about whether to call them friend or date is a-non issue. I think of them as my date when I'm on a date with them, otherwise they're seen as my friend. That's my idea, I was open to suggestion but haven't found anything incorrect about it for my experience.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Yup. I have no patience for this. I've friendzoned the gym buddy and will pretty much only contact her to vent about all of the BS I'm sure to continuously encounter now that I'm actively dating again.

The one that friendzoned me is still an option though. There's a lot more to the story than what I wrote. She actually has legitimate reasons for playing games. So I'm giving that one the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, I'm still meeting other women.
If she has legitimate reasons, then it's not game-playing that she's engaged in. She's give you the straight story.
(Didn't you say you're the logical one?)

Old 11-05-2016, 07:59 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,869,471 times
Quote:
Men don't seem to do this as much as women. And if women keep encountering this, maybe they should stop chasing the Jakes and Chads and give some of us normal guys a chance. Just a thought.
Have you considered stopping chasing the gym hotties and giving the normal women a chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships