Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 02:29 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
But I was happy a lot of the time, and it was only about maybe 10-20% I was unhappy when certain problems would come up. The rest of the time we had a really good time, and took care of each other. So maybe I was being too glass half empty about it?

However, my family said they are kind of having second thoughts now. She posted on her facebook wall, about how I was an abusive boyfriend to her throughout the relationship, and wish she wasn't treated so bad. She posted this as a result of not being able to get me back. But I am just guessing that's the reason.

So now my family is saying if we do for counseling, maybe she should apologize for what she wrote first, if it's not true. I don't know if she is lying, or if it's just her interpretation of how I treated her.
This is slander, and you have legal recourse. You could have a lawyer write her a letter telling her to take it down. She doesn't have the right to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
This.

If you are 10-20% unhappy now, do you expect that number to stay the same throughout your relationship?

Over time, that unhappy part is going to fester and invade other parts of your relationship. Can you live with that probability?
Right. Imagine what would happen when she decides to have a child (whether you agree that the time is right or not, she could trick you into having a child by not using birth control). The demands for money would really skyrocket at that point, and so would the pressure she exerts on you. Gotta buy baby supplies and pregnancy clothes, and don't forget to send the monthly check to her uncle, while you're at it! Gotta furnish a baby room, and have a big party for friends and relatives to visit the new baby. Gotta send the little child to private school. She'll want a new car. If you were a good provider, she'd tell you, you'd give her everything she "needs".

Relax, OP. You dodged a bullet. She's a drama queen, and a financial drain.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:50 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,200 times
She did call my Mom, and they had a talk, since she is close to my family and has been over quite a few times. My mom, after talking with her, says that she really loves me and that good women are hard to find. She now thinks that she is worried I may be making a mistake by leaving her, and I should at least try counseling. But it's hard to go back, since she told everyone on facebook, that I was abusive towards her in the relationship. She posted other things to, but I didn't get to read them before she blocked me, but I saw that they were there.

She also took the comments down and says she will apologize to everyone to make up. She says she loves me and doesn't want to loose me. However, I am not sure if I should give it another shot with her, with a counselor after she said that about me for my family, relatives, and friends to see.

Do you think if my Mom thinks that about her, after their talk, that maybe it's worth giving it another shot as long as she apologizes to everyone on facebook?

She says the reason why she posted it, is because after I broke up with her, a few hours later, I was feeling really upset and angry over our relationship, being broken up cause of problems, and I contacted another woman I knew before, to talk about old times, and to try to take my mind of my ex. I didn't meet up with her or anything, I just contacted her after the break up. My gf somehow found out about it, although she wouldn't clearly say, and she says because of what I did, that's why she posted to everyone on facebook about me being abusive. But she was upset and now wants to make up and try again. Is what I did, after the break up just as bad though, and maybe I am not taking accountability?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:54 PM

So she's blaming you for the fact that she slandered you publicly. No, you can't go back to someone who doesn't even take responsibility for their actions. Furthermore, she dug her own grave when she posted that. You see, this fits into her chronic pattern of over-reaction and drama. You can find someone who's more calm and doesn't create these problems.

After you break up with someone, you're free to do whatever you want. You did nothing wrong. The qu4estion is still unanswered: how did she get that email and know you were seeing an ex-gf? Very strange.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-09-2016 at 08:17 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 10:04 PM

She said she got the email cause she found herself in my email and found it. She said it was a message. I asked her how is it that she could have gotten a message about it, since my email doesn't email me messages back that I just sent. She says she doesn't know who sent her the message or how she got it, because she was so mad that she deleted it.

But if she was in my email, then that's not true, cause the record is not deleted.

But my sister says that maybe she can apologize publicly to everyone on facebook, and that maybe we can forgive each other and try to see a counselor, before just deciding to throw it away, without seeking a professional's advice, and then possibly regretting it later.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:51 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
What with the last couple of things you said she's done, my mind has changed completely about giving her a chance.
She is not good for you.
You don't need somebody that keeps needing to be forgiven for things she shouldn't have done in the first place.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:19 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Do you think if my Mom thinks that about her, after their talk, that maybe it's worth giving it another shot as long as she apologizes to everyone on facebook?
How old are you? Fifteen?

Old 11-10-2016, 07:34 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,864 times
There is not a counselor in the world that would work to get the two of you together again. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but your story seems, at the very least, implausible. If your mom and sister are suggesting counseling to you, I would offer they have no idea what counseling is.

If your girlfriend has access to your email, might I suggest you change your password, already? I have no doubt she's been snooping around in there.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:26 PM

I changed it already and she still saw things in my email, so either my email wouldn't change it or she got the new pass word somehow. But I changed it again since, and so far, she hasn't said or done anything. What part of my story is implausible?

Old 11-10-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What with the last couple of things you said she's done, my mind has changed completely about giving her a chance.
She is not good for you.
You don't need somebody that keeps needing to be forgiven for things she shouldn't have done in the first place.
It's not the first time that has happened, either; that she's done something rash and then had to apologize for him. It's her nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships