Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:40 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by just getting back out View Post
Hi everyone,

Please give me your opinions.

How do you know the difference between a guy who wants to F..k you and a guy who is interested some kind of a relationship? Please let me know if there are different signs in telling.

Thanks
Typically when you're with someone who wants a relationship at SOME point within the first week of knowing the person you'll have "That talk"......

I'm guessing most here know what I'm speaking of...... That day or night where you just kind of sit together (or maybe even on the phone) and talk for hours about everything and you never want it to end....

Nothing physical occurs (maybe a kiss), but it's just a long discussion where you really first find out what the other person is about.

Maybe I'm wrong.... Maybe some people don't have those, I don't know..... My long-term relationships always had one of these early-on....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 10:20 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
Agree with the first couple of posts (guys want sex, wait for it); also listen carefully to what the guy says - very few guys will actually lie about their intentions (but some will). If the guy tells you / indicates that he doesn't want marriage, kids, or relationship - you should believe him.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
LOL 7th generation...yeah, that about sums it up

Old 02-26-2008, 11:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i have asked myself that question many times when trying to buy a used car from a dealership.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:48 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Some great and funny answers here (7th Generation!! LOL).

Just remember that sex does not make someone love you- but loving someone can make the sex that much better.

Have enough respect for yourself to know the person- and have a good idea of where you think the relationship is going before you take the big step. I'm guessing you're young- make sure you take precautions to protect yourself from "things" other than pregnancy. I was talking to a 30 year old girl the other day who has HPV and has to have a full hysterectomy very soon. She has lost her chance to have children because she had unprotected sex when she was younger.

And I know men are basically getting trashed in this thread but I have to say that there are quite a few women who are more interested in sex than relationships as well.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:47 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Basically I don't think you can ever truly be certain, so sex should be on your "terms" not his.
Do it when and if you feel like it. Don't be pressurised into it and respect yourself enough not to give in if someone just tries to push too hard.

Sex is fun, pleasurable and can be immensely rewarding but in my opinion it's even better if you have some kind of intimacy beyond just the physical.

Men like women can be good actors and con us into thinking they do love us but on the whole your instinct should guide you.

A man who is willing to spend a lot of time with you, someone you can laugh with and have shared ideas, ideals and beliefs is probably a more likely candidate than some bloke you pick up from a bar and whose conversation turns into busy hands...

There are no guarantees of anything in life, and sometimes we need to take a chance on people. The risk is usually worth taking as long as it's a measured risk.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:32 AM

261 posts, read 954,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
Invite him over and have a nice meal prepared. Get nekid before you open the door and if he goes for the food, he wants a long term relationship. If he throws the food off the table and throws you on it, it's all about the sex.

I dated a guy like that about 15 yrs ago. We were together for 4 yrs. He then found someone else who opened the door nekid and cooked.

Oh well, happier now with DH of 8yrs

Old 02-27-2008, 09:53 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Where's Fat Freddy when you need him!!! This topic is right up his alley!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
Invite him over and have a nice meal prepared. Get nekid before you open the door and if he goes for the food, he wants a long term relationship. If he throws the food off the table and throws you on it, it's all about the sex.
I disagree. Most guys will opt for sex first. Its whether or not they stay after for a good meal thats telling

Old 02-27-2008, 10:23 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Where's Fat Freddy when you need him!!! This topic is right up his alley!
Don't temp me Twink.

I am trying to turn over a new leaf to avoid being constantly censored and eventually banned.

So instead of posting in my usual style, I just punch myself in the nuts.

It's working. I am becoming much more sensitive and compassionate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships