Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:46 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
She's not really your girlfriend.
Quoted for truth.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:54 AM

107 posts, read 138,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
It's not about Facebook. That's just one symptom of a bigger problem. The way you describe your girlfriend's actions, she does not sound trustworthy at all. Reread the last major paragraph in your first post, where you mention being a "beta provider". Realize one thing: no one says you have to agree to that role.
she didnt TELL me im a beta provider for her. but I think thats what i am by default because I do provide for her (emotionally) which i think is something she's not used to because she's dated players in the past

Old 01-06-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I didn't even notice until last year there was a relationship thing on facebook. I've never used it, and looking at most of my friends, including those that are married, they don't use it. It's a non issue. And yeah, you could get "away with" whatever you want on facebook... cause it is freaking facebook.

I have no idea what letting it "pass" means.
For people in their 20s, they know the Ins and Outs of facebook. And if you dont think facebook can be used as a breeding ground for infidelity, then I dont know what to tell you. You have the oldschool mentality of, "its just facebook! its just an app!" Thats not what it is. It's a social networking platform

Old 01-06-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
She's not really your girlfriend.
But now she deleted those guys and made our status visible. So she still isnt my girlfriend? Thats what im asking

Old 01-06-2017, 09:58 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypennington View Post
For people in their 20s, they know the Ins and Outs of facebook. And if you dont think facebook can be used as a breeding ground for infidelity, then I dont know what to tell you. You have the oldschool mentality of, "its just facebook! its just an app!" Thats not what it is. It's a social networking platform
Most of my young staff in their 20s aren't even on facebook, and they certainly don't need apps to hook up if they want to.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:58 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
We know what FB is. And you are talking to a lot of 20-somethings here who do not agree with you on the importance of it in relationships. So... it's you.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:00 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypennington View Post
she didnt TELL me im a beta provider for her. but I think thats what i am by default because I do provide for her (emotionally) which i think is something she's not used to because she's dated players in the past
Lol! People don't call each other those terms, especially when they're leveraging you to their advantage. But you are 100% right. This goes much deeper than your 2-line statement, but discussing it on City-Data is against TOS.

Either way, your girlfriend does not sound like a trustworthy person, plain and simple. Because once you two become official, who's to say she won't resume her old lifestyle behind your back?

Old 01-06-2017, 10:00 AM

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Well she chose me. Ill admit, it did happen only a month after she got screwed over by yet another player. Im now aware of the possible rebound-elements there. But she said how she wanted stability for herself and her son. I also read some articles about how women in their 20s enjoy a bunch of alpha sex, and then in their late 20s/early 30s they begin to settle down with the nice guys/beta providers (which I guess is the category im lumped into.) Is it cause for concern that she was flirting with those guys and hiding our relationship, even though she deleted them now and has our relationship visible?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-06-2017 at 12:50 PM..

Old 01-06-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Either way, your girlfriend does not sound like a trustworthy person, plain and simple.
That was my original question-- even though she hid our relationship and flirted with random locals on facebook, if she's since deleted them and made our relationship status visible does that make it okay? Thats my question. I responded to another poster with this but-- I read an article about how some women go through most of their 20s enjoying "alpha sex" and then ultimately settle down with the "nice guy". Do you see this to be the case?

Old 01-06-2017, 10:05 AM

10,452 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It's only been 3 months. For lots of people it can take that long or even longer to switch from calling it dating to considering it a relationship.
Too many people come here worrying about things that will keep them from enjoying what IS and seem to prefer being miserable.
You going to be one of them?
This. Right now, one of my friends had a quick relationship like 20 years ago, but back then, the guy was a player, he played her, she got crushed and went on her way. Fast forward 15 years later, they ran into eachother, hung out, and now they are together with two kids. It was weird, back then, he wasn't ready for a relationship, but now he's matured and has settled down with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships