Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 09:27 AM

107 posts, read 138,600 times

Advertisements

To keep this as compressed as I can, this woman was dating somebody in August who she was very into. (She made it clear on facebook pretty much every night how into him she was.) They weren't official, they were just dating. He was one of those "pretty boy bad boys." (After we eventually met, in a conversation we had, she told me she had a tendency to go for those guys in the past.) He screwed her over 3 or 4 weeks into them dating. She was sobbing on facebook, asking why she cant meet a good guy. I ended up asking her out on a date a couple of weeks later (I had added her over the summer through a dating site.) About two weeks after we met, we were in a relationship. (This was late September.) It happened so fast. She appreciated how I wasn't one of those jerk bad boys who was going to screw her over. (She hasn't been in an official relationship for about a year and that relationship ended abruptly when the badboy she was with at the time also screwed her over.) I'm very nice towards her. I do nice things for her, i Like alot of her facebook posts, etc. I've noticed on facebook she doesn't gush about me the same way she did the bad boy. The only statuses she'll tag me in is if I do something nice for her, she'll gloat about it on facebook. Sometimes she may tag me if we go out to dinner or go out on some kind of date. But she doesn't gush over my attractiveness the way she did with the bad boy.

I sent her a relationship status request on facebook when we became official. She accepted the request (making us facebook offical,) but she has her relationship status hidden on her profile. She's even gotten a new job in that time and she changed her workplace on facebook, but still didn't bother to make her relationship status visible. Im not in her profile picture or her cover picture. I've noticed over the last 3-4 weeks her facebook activity including me has gone waaayyyy down. She's tagged me in almost nothing for 3-4 weeks now. Which is uncommon for her with how Facebook-oriented she is. So, I decided to do some snooping. I look at her Recently Added Friends list on facebook, and I see she added a couple random guys. They both live in her area and both of their profiles say they're single. The one guy seems like a typical facebook w h o r e; thousands of friends, mostly females. I look at his profile pic, only to find that she "Liked" his profile pic. She also liked a random status he made sometime after adding her. So, I look on her Instagram, she added those same couple guys on instagram along with a few other seemingly random guys. One of them had model-like pictures, but he lives in our area. I'm fearing that she's trying to disguise herself as being single. What are your thoughts?

Old 11-11-2016, 09:36 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
I think you need to get off Facebook.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I think you need to get off Facebook.
Very insightful. You're telling me you wouldn't worry about your girlfriend seemingly hiding you and adding random guys in her area and liking their picture?

Old 11-11-2016, 09:43 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypennington View Post
To keep this as compressed as I can, this woman was dating somebody in August who she was very into. (She made it clear on facebook pretty much every night how into him she was.) They weren't official, they were just dating. He was one of those "pretty boy bad boys." (After we eventually met, in a conversation we had, she told me she had a tendency to go for those guys in the past.) He screwed her over 3 or 4 weeks into them dating. She was sobbing on facebook, asking why she cant meet a good guy. I ended up asking her out on a date a couple of weeks later (I had added her over the summer through a dating site.) About two weeks after we met, we were in a relationship. (This was late September.) It happened so fast. She appreciated how I wasn't one of those jerk bad boys who was going to screw her over. (She hasn't been in an official relationship for about a year and that relationship ended abruptly when the badboy she was with at the time also screwed her over.) I'm very nice towards her. I do nice things for her, i Like alot of her facebook posts, etc. I've noticed on facebook she doesn't gush about me the same way she did the bad boy. The only statuses she'll tag me in is if I do something nice for her, she'll gloat about it on facebook. Sometimes she may tag me if we go out to dinner or go out on some kind of date. But she doesn't gush over my attractiveness the way she did with the bad boy.

I sent her a relationship status request on facebook when we became official. She accepted the request (making us facebook offical,) but she has her relationship status hidden on her profile. She's even gotten a new job in that time and she changed her workplace on facebook, but still didn't bother to make her relationship status visible. Im not in her profile picture or her cover picture. I've noticed over the last 3-4 weeks her facebook activity including me has gone waaayyyy down. She's tagged me in almost nothing for 3-4 weeks now. Which is uncommon for her with how Facebook-oriented she is. So, I decided to do some snooping. I look at her Recently Added Friends list on facebook, and I see she added a couple random guys. They both live in her area and both of their profiles say they're single. The one guy seems like a typical facebook w h o r e; thousands of friends, mostly females. I look at his profile pic, only to find that she "Liked" his profile pic. She also liked a random status he made sometime after adding her. So, I look on her Instagram, she added those same couple guys on instagram along with a few other seemingly random guys. One of them had model-like pictures, but he lives in our area. I'm fearing that she's trying to disguise herself as being single. What are your thoughts?
It sounds like she's not that into you. I'm sorry. You can dump her now or wait until she leaves you for another bad boy.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:45 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Very insightful. You're telling me you wouldn't worry about your girlfriend seemingly hiding you and adding random guys in her area and liking their picture?
This is just a thought, but maybe she feels a little pushed around by you on this issue and is just trying to retain her independence in that regard...?

Old 11-11-2016, 09:48 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
The OP is WAY too into Facebook drama.
Seriously... upset about the number of tags you have? Not in her cover photo?
Drama, and more drama.

I would be looking for a new boyfriend... one without the drama and without the snooping gene.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This is just a thought, but maybe she feels a little pushed around by you on this issue and is just trying to retain her independence in that regard...?
She can't possibly be feeling pushed around with me on this issue because I've never brought this issue up to her. I know it would sound very clingy. Which is why I'm asking for insight on here.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:52 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,125,760 times
Quote:
What are your thoughts?
Oh, deat lord, there are so many floating through my head now....so, I will start with just a few, in no particular order of importance.

1) if you continue to base your worth on number of Facebook tags, you will live a pretty miserable life.

2) Do you hear the bell ringing? I think it's time for you to put your phone down and go back to class.

3) very good chance the ex-boyfriend is much better looking than you.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
The OP is WAY too into Facebook drama.
Seriously... upset about the number of tags you have? Not in her cover photo?
Drama, and more drama.

I would be looking for a new boyfriend... one without the drama and without the snooping gene.
You've ignored the fact that I noticed her adding random single guys in her area and liking their pictures. While her profile shows pretty much no indication that she's in a relationship. Whats the justification for that?

Old 11-11-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Oh, deat lord, there are so many floating through my head now....so, I will start with just a few, in no particular order of importance.

1) if you continue to base your worth on number of Facebook tags, you will live a pretty miserable life.

2) Do you hear the bell ringing? I think it's time for you to put your phone down and go back to class.

3) very good chance the ex-boyfriend is much better looking than you.

So #3 is an indicator that I was justified in digging up the dirt that I found?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships