Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 05:55 AM

151 posts, read 102,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Alone = by herself. None of what you just wrote changes anything about what I said.
Sure. What changes anything about what you said is already available in the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaoudeyeh View Post
Today I went to dine out, and upon returning, I noticed a woman looking at me frequently. I sat behind here in the bus complex waiting for buses to arrive. She started to look behind at me, sometimes by rotating her head to the right and others to the left. It happened multiple times; like 7 or 8. There was no one behind her except one old man and me.
Bus complex = dispatchers are there and police come frequently.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-16-2016 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Rude, off-topic remark.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:48 AM

22,590 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
She was alone, it was dark outside, and she was at a bus station. Sounds to me like a safety thing, being aware of he surroundings, especially the guy who was fixated on her to the point of counting her neck rotations.
Yep.
This is what women DO, OP.
No matter if there are security cameras, etc.

She was not interested in you.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:10 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
She was alone, it was dark outside, and she was at a bus station. Sounds to me like a safety thing, being aware of her surroundings.
^This is what it sounds like to me. Also, she didn't smile back because she didn't want to encourage you to approach.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:31 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
You think too much.

Stop analyzing the situation and just smile and say hi like hawaiian coconut said and you'll get all the information you need.

Who [cares] where you are. If she is truly interested she will reciprocate.

Both of you sound like weirdo's looking back and forth at each other.

Stop waiting and thinking and hesitating and go after what you want.

[snip]

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-16-2016 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language; off-topic comment.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:20 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
Just. Say. Hello.

Start some small talk. If it had been me, and in a bus station, talk about the bus schedules, or about how the buses are never on time. Something to start a conversation.

Worst case scenario, she's not interested, and will let you know so.

OP, I used to be just like you. But then I figured it out: a woman ain't gonna cut off my hands and feet just for talking! She's just gonna say "No thanks." No harm, no foul.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:25 AM

11,796 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Just. Say. Hello.

Start some small talk. If it had been me, and in a bus station, talk about the bus schedules, or about how the buses are never on time. Something to start a conversation.

Worst case scenario, she's not interested, and will let you know so.

OP, I used to be just like you. But then I figured it out: a woman ain't gonna cut off my hands and feet just for talking! She's just gonna say "No thanks." No harm, no foul.
I generally agree with this but he was looking at this woman a lot and when their gazes met, she was not smiling at him. That isn't an invitation to approach.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:51 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
She was alone, it was dark outside, and she was at a bus station. Sounds to me like a safety thing, being aware of he surroundings, especially the guy who was fixated on her to the point of counting her neck rotations.
And in today's current political climate, she might have been just acknowledging someone in the vein of "you're okay." I wouldn't be surprised if she was wearing a safety pin.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:35 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
lol. There were security cameras inside and outside the building. There was another man. Once buses arrived, more people arrived as well. There were two dispatchers in the control room which has large glass windows, so they could see everything. I was browsing the internet on my phone as I said in reply #4, not "was fixated on her," and "counting her neck rotations" happened after SHE started looking at me over and over.

[snip]
Mod cut.

BTW: There are security cameras every where, I have one where I work, that doesn't prevent me from being assaulted by a mentally imbalanced person, and there isn't always a person behind the camera watching or recording, or willing to do anything except maybe call 911 IF they are watching. I just don't put myself in the situation of getting involved instead.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-16-2016 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:00 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Today I went to dine out, and upon returning, I noticed a woman looking at me frequently. I sat behind here in the bus complex waiting for buses to arrive. She started to look behind at me, sometimes by rotating her head to the right and others to the left. It happened multiple times; like 7 or 8. There was no one behind her except one old man and me.

She went to the bathroom and came back once buses arrived. By then, she stood near the exit door and looked at me 20 seconds or so; most of that time, directly at my eyes. She nodded her slightly as though she was communicating an "OK" to me. I was looking at her with a small smile, but also was hesitant since I have approach anxiety. The thing is that she saw me smiling, but did not smile back - she just kept staring at me. I wonder if women can be interested without smiling back even when seeing a man doing so.
When someone's staring at you, and you find them attractive, the simplest and best thing to do is to smile and say "hello", as you move along on your way. Then you'll find out if they were staring because they were interested, or if they were simply lost in thought, or if they were staring because you looked like someone they knew, or whatever.

It's not an approach. It's simply an acknowledgement that someone was staring at you; it's an attempt to break the awkwardness of being started at, and giving the other person an opportunity to explain themselves. If you don't view the hello as an approach, there shouldn't be anxiety.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:13 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Yes. But the thing is that I was not in a position where she could have looked at me accidently (i.e., not beside her or in front of her). She was the one who kept peeking from time to time. I should become unafraid of rejection again so that I do not waste potential opportunities like this.
Just remember, cold approaching women that you don't know out in public is very low percentage, even if you think she is checking you out. Nothing wrong with trying. Just don't let that add to your misconception that most women go for "bad" guys when you get rejected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships