Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:36 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times

Advertisements

OP, over the course of your relationship, has the amount of drug use increased or decreased? I'm not just asking for the amount your SO is using, but you, as well.

The question serves two purposes:

1. Are you capable of providing a realistic view of yours and your partners usage?

2. If the usage has increased, can you see where this is headed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 08:38 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
Calm down. I never snorted any lines of coke, nor did I say that I did.

I do take responsibility for myself, as I stated in the post. People who partake in drug use are not all burnt out losers. I have plenty of lawyer, pharmacist, and doctor friends who use far more drugs than described above and are much more successful and ambitious than I probably ever will be. Again, calm down and stop judging. Thanks for your input.
Either way, you are resenting your partner for bringing it into your life and forcing you to partake.

It's not HIS fault you are feeling this way; that's my point.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:39 AM
SQL SQL started this thread

1,337 posts, read 1,193,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Either way, you are resenting your partner for bringing it into your life and forcing you to partake.

It's not HIS fault you are feeling this way; that's my point.
Alright. I agree with that. And he is a she.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:40 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Calm down. I never snorted any lines of coke, nor did I say that I did.

I do take responsibility for myself, as I stated in the post. I know I'm at fault here.

People who partake in drug use are not all burnt out losers. I have plenty of lawyer, pharmacist, and doctor friends who use far more drugs than described above and are much more successful and ambitious than I probably ever will be. Again, calm down and stop judging their character when you haven't a clue. Thanks for your input.
okay then, I guess you answered your own question then?

Old 11-16-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
OP, over the course of your relationship, has the amount of drug use increased or decreased? I'm not just asking for the amount your SO is using, but you, as well.

The question serves two purposes:

1. Are you capable of providing a realistic view of yours and your partners usage?

2. If the usage has increased, can you see where this is headed.
I don't think that her use has increased, as far as I can tell. Mine certainly has, because before her being in the picture, I never bothered to go out of my way to get access (to pot only; I've never done any other drugs).

Old 11-16-2016, 08:43 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
I don't think that her use has increased, as far as I can tell. Mine certainly has, because before her being in the picture, I never bothered to go out of my way to get access (to pot only; I've never done any other drugs).
Perhaps it's time to look at yourself then?

Why can't you say "no thanks"? If you were to not partake, how would she respond?

Old 11-16-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
okay then, I guess you answered your own question then?
My question wasn't about whether or not someone is a loser for doing drugs. I don't think that. My question revolves around how people feel about having a partner that does bring these things into your life. Whether people want to admit it or not, people who are close to you do have influences on your life, whether positive or negative.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:47 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Wow. How about you take responsibility for your own actions?

Old 11-16-2016, 08:47 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
I'm sorry I went a little nuts on you.

I'll tell you why:

I had a friend whose brother was trouble from the time he was a little kid. Always in and out of jail and was a drug user. My friend had a great career and a family, but she loved her brother so much.

They used to go out together occasionally, and she started doing drugs with him "only here and there". The pot escalated to coke, then eventually her becoming a meth addict.

Four years ago, she and her brother killed a woman in the middle of a burglary.

She cried and carried on about how her brother made her do it; the law didn't see it that way. Now they are both doing hard time in prison and won't be out for another 20 or so years.

I know it sounds extreme, but I would hate to see someone else get caught up like that. I never in a million years thought she could so something like that. But that's what drugs do to you.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Perhaps it's time to look at yourself then?

Why can't you say "no thanks"? If you were to not partake, how would she respond?
I've said no thanks before, and it has never been a problem as far as I can tell. I know that I have to have a stronger will not to accept. But I also don't like that I'm always having to say no thanks. I know that my GF doesn't like whiskey because she has a bad reaction to it if consuming too much. So, I never offer her whiskey. See what I'm getting at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships