Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would it bother you if wife or husband slept in separate bed because of snoring?
Yes, it would bother me. 7 8.64%
It might bother me a little 14 17.28%
Wouldn't bother me at all 60 74.07%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 09:15 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I sleep on separate beds and have for years. Every night I would wake him up several times to roll over. We both slept horribly. We moved into a house that had two master bedrooms and solved the problem! You have to do what's right for your marriage and not worry about what anyone else thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 12:27 AM

35 posts, read 44,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Fungus View Post
Would it bother you if wife slept in separate beds because of your snoring?
You should NOT be upset. My ex husband had to sleep in the other room because I snored. And it's not your fault you snore. Well, sometimes it's from being overweight, but for me it's just something I was born with. However, as someone said, a c-pap machine will help you and may change your life.

You need a prescription for a machine. Make an appointment with a sleep doctor and schedule a sleep study. If the c-pap helps it will change your life. You will not be tired all the time. You will be able to focus. Your wife will probably sleep in the same room. However, if she doesnt, it's no big deal. Some people sleep better alone.

I have to reiterate that you need a sleep study. It's worth paying for it yourself if your insurance doesn't cover it. And, if you snore, you're not getting quality sleep. I had zero REM sleep when they measured my study. Also, snoring puts you at risk for stroke. You'll be so happy you won't care where your wife sleeps... well that didn't come out quite right but you know what I mean... lol.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:13 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MigratingCoconut View Post
I've learned not to wake him up directly. Usually throwing something at him gets it to stop for a while.
Like a hammer?

Old 09-03-2017, 06:37 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
My wife sometimes gets up and goes to sleep on the sofa. She has trouble sleeping, but she can fall asleep to certain videos (most specifically, one of the several different versions of Pride & Prejudice she has). Of course, the light and sound would disturb my sleep. So to the sofa she goes (where she does sleep well). I actually sleep a little better when I have the bed to myself, but I'd rather have her there beside me. But if she can't sleep at all on some nights, she does what she has to do.

That's life.

Sometimes it intrudes on the way we wish things were.

I have the same thing, (almost), my wife complains that it's too hot, and goes down to the sofa.
I have a good night's sleep on my own, but I'd rather she was there, for no other reason than I love her, and would rather wake up and see her, than wake up on my own.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:22 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,199,941 times
Could hang a vertical, sound absorbing pad from the ceiling on a track and slide it forward to separate the snoring from the non snoring. Pad could just touch the bed. Then, turn a fan on on the non snoring side. I haven't tried this, but it seems like it might work.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:33 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
I would be bugged a lot. Considering how little time many couples spend together, sleeping together is important. I sleep soundly but I definitely know and can feel/sense us holding each other at night. And there is certainly a lot of spontaneity lost if you're in separate rooms. If the snoring is THAT bad then the answer is a medical consult so the snorer can sleep better and healthier, not to just not disturb the other person.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:46 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,250,973 times
Separate bed?

I moved to a separate bedROOM when my late wife started snoring, apparently because of a new medication.

She was OK with it.

AFAIK I have never snored; at least no one ever told me that I do.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:02 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
I like having my own bed.

Marriage isn't made in bed. Matter of fact ...It's a rest from it. We each need that space.

Lucille Ball said it's how she managed to have a solid 2nd marriage....Since her first marriage was hubby sharing a bed with many a female.
You're adults...Not conjoined at the hips.
Heck even newborns have their own sleeping area. .

Old 09-03-2017, 10:22 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Fungus View Post
Would it bother you if wife slept in separate beds because of your snoring?
No it would not bother me , but it certainly would bother wifey " a great deal " as to her sleeping in the same bed with her hubby has a lot to do with sex...romance...

She would feel taken advantage of , if the only time I slept in the same bed with her was when I was having sex or better yet making love to her.

My wife is a 60 year old ( Night Owl ) and I am a 65 years Young go to bed early ( forced Night Owl ) "because my job"....starts at1:00AM. I have planned on retiring and working this job as a side job but not anymore , I value sleep over mo...money or sex!!!

My wife has sleep apnea and I mainly sleep with her just to be there for CPR if needed , because she can saw a good log or two....if you know what I mean.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaboomer View Post
You should NOT be upset. My ex husband had to sleep in the other room because I snored. And it's not your fault you snore. Well, sometimes it's from being overweight, but for me it's just something I was born with. However, as someone said, a c-pap machine will help you and may change your life.

You need a prescription for a machine. Make an appointment with a sleep doctor and schedule a sleep study. If the c-pap helps it will change your life. You will not be tired all the time. You will be able to focus. Your wife will probably sleep in the same room. However, if she doesnt, it's no big deal. Some people sleep better alone.

I have to reiterate that you need a sleep study. It's worth paying for it yourself if your insurance doesn't cover it. And, if you snore, you're not getting quality sleep. I had zero REM sleep when they measured my study. Also, snoring puts you at risk for stroke. You'll be so happy you won't care where your wife sleeps... well that didn't come out quite right but you know what I mean... lol.
About 25%-50% of patients can't handle the C-pap. They're uncomfortable with it, for any number of reasons. I sure couldn't sleep in the same room with one; they're very noisy. I don't know how anyone can sleep with one of those things roaring by their head all night, forcing air down their throat. It does help some people; they feel it's a godsend, so, good for them. Try it, and see.

Otherwise, there are other treatment options, from dental device to hormone replacement therapy, depending on the age of the patient, and other factors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships