Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 03:25 AM
qwy

296 posts, read 520,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostlincoln View Post
Guys, I know some of you might think I am a terrible and overreactive gf and a control freak.

I did this because I have a very unpleasant experience....my bf went to Myanmar last year and met a Vietnam girl (who also just wanted to practice English)there. They shared some time together and when he got back they started texting each other like " it would be very nice to meet you again, you should come to visit me" and "I really want to visit your city and meet you! " and then it was like "I am checking the flight ticket now...." and " a lot of kisses"....

I knew nothing about it until his colleague/friend told me that I should be careful about it, and my bf admitted what he had done. He felt really ashamed and blocked her. Normally if I did something similar he would have been crazy and really mad to me, but I just tried to let it go. after that I hardly can trust him with 100% of my heart.

That's why I am so sensitive and "overreactive".

ps: he also hacks into my Facebook from time to time.
I don't think he really did anything wrong in the vietnamese girl situation BUT I do think that you two are not a good fit for each other.

Do you really want to marry someone when you have this level of mistrust?

And what kind of guy does things (even innocently) knowing that it will make his wife feel insecure?

I know you will not listen to me (a perfect stranger who doesn't know how you feel) but my honest advice is for you to break up with him... you will have years of unhappiness coming your way if you marry him.

Think about it, he gets jealous if you talk to guys but he openly talks to girls and his friends or your friends are always running back to tell you.

He has a younger girl with a boyfriend who is trying to steal him from you and he doesn't see or doesn't want to see it.

Everytime a person of the opposite sex tries to befriend him you never have faith that he is trustworthy

and he hacked your facebook because of jealousy and you hacked his skype because of jealousy...

TOO MUCH DRAMA!

You two would not be a happy couple...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 04:12 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
long distance relationships are tough.....

I once waited for a girl for 3 years and it was a disaster..

I wasted lots of time needlessly,,,and I prided myself on being faithful,,,,
which ultimately didn't matter..

I created and waited for a reality that really wasn't there,,...I wanted it too much,,,

we all live and learn.

we live lives in layers,,,,,,there use to be a popular poster when I was young,,,

if you love someone let them go,,
if they don't come back, you never had them to begin with..

as far as messin up, making mistakes,,,,we all have made mistakes,,,thats how we learn,,,,
if he dumps everything on you and runs awat,,,,, he just took this opening to do it..

whats done is done..

id let him go.....take a break for a while,,,,then see what he does..

Old 11-20-2016, 04:40 AM

531 posts, read 384,520 times
Thats not hacking...

Old 11-20-2016, 05:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
I feel extremely stupid now. Thank you for the information......
As you should.

You don't believe enough in yourself so you try to control everybody around you.

Therapy would be a good option for you. I see you losing your mind and boiling rabbits in your future if you don't get this whole thing resolved.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:34 AM

539 posts, read 566,881 times
You two are not right for each other.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:38 AM

192 posts, read 109,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
I don't think he really did anything wrong in the vietnamese girl situation BUT I do think that you two are not a good fit for each other.

Do you really want to marry someone when you have this level of mistrust?

And what kind of guy does things (even innocently) knowing that it will make his wife feel insecure?

I know you will not listen to me (a perfect stranger who doesn't know how you feel) but my honest advice is for you to break up with him... you will have years of unhappiness coming your way if you marry him.

Think about it, he gets jealous if you talk to guys but he openly talks to girls and his friends or your friends are always running back to tell you.

He has a younger girl with a boyfriend who is trying to steal him from you and he doesn't see or doesn't want to see it.

Everytime a person of the opposite sex tries to befriend him you never have faith that he is trustworthy

and he hacked your facebook because of jealousy and you hacked his skype because of jealousy...

TOO MUCH DRAMA!

You two would not be a happy couple...
I have to admitt what you wrote is exactly what I am always thinking about, qwy. It's just like you can read my mind. To tell the truth, the trust issue is not the main reason but I do doubt that we would have happy marriage together in the future and have been considering breaking up with him.

He is very sensitive to the guys around me. He doesn't want me to hang out with friends at night and of course clubs or bars are not OK for him...but he always has excuse to spend a lot of time with colleagues (men and women) outside at night (he says it is all about the business so it's different from my situation since I want to go out only with FRIENDS). I told him that it's unfair but he told me I am too young and still like a child, etc.

and you are right. Too much drama---and it's exhausting.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:01 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Guys, I know some of you might think I am a terrible and overreactive gf and a control freak.

I did this because I have a very unpleasant experience....my bf went to Myanmar last year and met a Vietnam girl (who also just wanted to practice English)there. They shared some time together and when he got back they started texting each other like " it would be very nice to meet you again, you should come to visit me" and "I really want to visit your city and meet you! " and then it was like "I am checking the flight ticket now...." and " a lot of kisses"....

I knew nothing about it until his colleague/friend told me that I should be careful about it, and my bf admitted what he had done. He felt really ashamed and blocked her. Normally if I did something similar he would have been crazy and really mad to me, but I just tried to let it go. after that I hardly can trust him with 100% of my heart.

That's why I am so sensitive and "overreactive".

ps: he also hacks into my Facebook from time to time.
I would say it's a high probability the guy is messing around with these girls.

I'd be like a kid in a candy shop with the cute Asian girls.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
long distance relationships are tough.....

I once waited for a girl for 3 years and it was a disaster..

I wasted lots of time needlessly,,,and I prided myself on being faithful,,,,
which ultimately didn't matter..

I created and waited for a reality that really wasn't there,,...I wanted it too much,,,

we all live and learn.

we live lives in layers,,,,,,there use to be a popular poster when I was young,,,

if you love someone let them go,,
if they don't come back, you never had them to begin with..

as far as messin up, making mistakes,,,,we all have made mistakes,,,thats how we learn,,,,
if he dumps everything on you and runs awat,,,,, he just took this opening to do it..

whats done is done..

id let him go.....take a break for a while,,,,then see what he does..
Live and learn...this time I have got my lesson. However, what he has done made me has the trust issue. it's quite exhausting sometimes. I understand what you're saying and I am thinking seriously about breaking up with him...we've been in long distance for nearly four years and I guess distance covers some real problems between us...which is truly sad. Now we'll start working together. in Asia Let's see what will happen after that...

Old 11-23-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I would say it's a high probability the guy is messing around with these girls.

I'd be like a kid in a candy shop with the cute Asian girls.
sadly, you might be right. he enjoys being around by asian girls like many others foreign men in asia. which is...arhhh. i just don't get it. i've never seen an asian man being surrounded by girls in europe or the us

Old 11-23-2016, 09:44 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,913,143 times
Quote:
sadly, you might be right. he enjoys being around by asian girls like many others foreign men in asia. which is...arhhh. i just don't get it. i've never seen an asian man being surrounded by girls in europe or the us
"Practicing English" is shy girl code for "At some point I'm going to be on my knees and not doing a whole lot of talking with my mouth."

Basically since it is another country and you're at fault I'd give him a pass to be with whatever girls he wants there to make up for it (as long as you never know & he uses protection/gets tested when he gets back).

Going to Asia is a thing that some guys do now just to sleep with a lot of women & get attention.

Have him work it out of his system and then commit to you on return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships