Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 09:30 AM

426 posts, read 351,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
We can't do anything about stretch marks from pregnancy, but people can do something about their body fat percentage dealing with a slower metabolism as they age.

It's a cop out to blame hypothyroidism, a slowing metabolism, or even children.

I'm 35, exercise regularly and eat decent. My metabolism has never been good, but I value not carrying around the extra weight. I wouldn't expect a girl to look past it in their attraction toward me. It's just not how the world works.

So I try to keep healthy and at a low body fat percentage for 1) me. I like to feel good, young, and healthy and 2) for any girl that is with me.

I want them to be sexually attracted to me. It only makes the sex better for me.

Ladies with stretch marks isn't a deterrent for me, but I do find it unattractive when women let themselves go.

The equation is simply less caloric intake than what we burn daily. It's a lifestyle thing not a dieting thing. What's on the outside says something about what's going on on the inside.
I didn't let myself go though but it something that takes time losing and believe me I do excersise and I love dancing but that is something that is still there and that hasn't stopped me from getting to know someone. Also it's easy for a guy to say that when they aren't the ones who carry a child in their belly and have their body change. It's different some women don't gain much when they have a child and others do. I'm not obese I just have some stomach fat that I'm working on but if that's a turn off then that's fine because I would probably be equally turned off by something from that person. I'm only human I'm not a celebrity or model.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:31 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHeartSleepingMind View Post
like you i have never really heard anything like this before as most men can handle stuff like this. the question is.. is he a man or still a boy

personally i think he is still a boy, still living in the fantasy of the perfect girl with the perfect body.
being superficial is not a crime, however it is a burden and looked down upon. Even so people will be people no matter how much we wish otherwise lol

EDIT: you asked how would one feel/do in this situation. depends on the girl/woman. i would feel like crap about myself, but i would have no problem getting rid of him out my life. then i would get over it. "one mans trash is another mans treasure" - now this does not mean the woman is trash, it is merely how a guy treats the girl like trash, till she meets the guy who treats her like treasure (people get offended by so much these days its why i had to explain xD )
There's a difference between having the "perfect body" and taking care of one's body.

I see far too many women now letting themselves go. The opposite direction of taking care of one's body.

How one looks on the outside projects what's going on on the inside.

There's nothing unmanly about being attracted to a lady that takes care of themselves. That's just how we're built.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:36 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
I didn't let myself go though but it something that takes time losing and believe me I do excersise and I love dancing but that is something that is still there and that hasn't stopped me from getting to know someone. Also it's easy for a guy to say that when they aren't the ones who carry a child in their belly and have their body change. It's different some women don't gain much when they have a child and others do. I'm not obese I just have some stomach fat that I'm working on but if that's a turn off then that's fine because I would probably be equally turned off by something for that person. I'm only human I'm not a celebrity or model.
Belly fat post pregnancy can be lost to a healthy weight. The stretch marks will still remain.

To me, it's more about being healthy than aesthetics. I see some women hot as a supermodel eating junk food and slamming Mt. Dews all day. It's a huge turn off. Give that girl 15 years and we'll see how she's doing.

I guarantee she wont' see the men groveling over her bending over backwards at every request like she does now.

So for me anyways, the issue goes beyond just the visual.

I'd expect when girls see me, they'd make a judgment I take care of myself. They can see that just by looking at me. A lot of guys 35 years of age don't take care of themselves like I do.

I wouldn't expect women to give me a pass if I didn't put the effort in. That's not how the world works.

With all that said, there are good men out there. I see more attractive men with overweight women than the opposite, and anymore I get out quite a bit.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:03 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
Wow! These responses!

It was not me, but a post I found interesting. How does he look... I have no clue

Of course women can find men unattractive when he takes his clothes off, where did I say they couldn't?

Most importantly: Why are people attacking and responding so aggressively? As if it was a person attack on them?

If a person was not attracted to certain ethnic groups is it okay to call them racist or can we just say that they are free to like what they like?

The same applies to this question, in my opinion the guy is free to not be attracted to this women, why is he NOT a real man because he does not find her body attractive? He can't like what he likes?

Milaka43 is has made the most sensible comments so far
I am not attacking. I think these things just happen. I have had it happen myself where once a man was in his birthday suit I wanted him to put his regular suit back on. Of course clothing hides imperfections as somebody else said but he had a pattern of hair that turned me off (just around the nipples and nowhere else) and a very soft, mushy backside. Men should not have soft backsides. That put me off older men. (I was in the 30s and he was in the 50s.) Of course now a man in the 50s would not be "older" to me and I have since learned that the mushy backside was just that guy as plenty of men in the 50s have nice butts.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:17 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
Quote:
A guy is dating a girl for a few weeks and when they finally decide to have sex he said
that he lost all attraction for her after her clothes came off and he saw her fully nude
body. Apparently she was really good at dressing and choosing clothes to down play her
belly fat, stretch marks, cellulite, and sagging breast.
A lot of the females are really upset at this viewpoint, but I'm not sure why. Like, I get that nobody wants to be called unattractive. But I know for a fact that women know that their clothes are designed to hide these things and that they pick out their clothes for that reason. So ...maybe I'm missing something, but if you purposefully hide those things and know they look bad and then someone says they look bad, then how on Earth are you going to take offense at it?

That's my issue with women's clothing today. It's basically all shapewear. Yes, you ladies are all 100% correct that a lot of guys who are rating women are slobs. The difference is guys don't hide their slobbiness. Our clothes show you everything. There's not many guys who take off their clothes and suddenly a giant gut flops out of nowhere and shocks you. You knew already.

I mean, look, take jeans for example. Women literally are jumping up and down to get into their jeans, that's how tight they are. Their bodies essentially take the shape of the jeans. Then you take them off and everything falls apart and then women get offended that you go "huh?" Like, who are you kidding, like you yourself didn't know what you were doing? That's the thing that offends guys. We have to play along and be like "oh, you didn't know? No? Oh, OK, I guess you didn't." Come on.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:18 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I am not sure if it is a troll post, I found it on another site while doing a google search about clothes. I guess it could be I never thought about it, but I am still interested in what one should do if ever in that situation.

... Oh wait! Are you saying I was trolling because I asked this question?
Frankly, I think the only people that would wind up in that situation are the type that would not give a rat's patooty about what anyone else thinks, and would never bother to ask "what one should do". If a person is so anxious to have sex with another, and then gets the clothes off and is that turned off, well, they didn't really like/know the person to begin with. So why the hell even go there? Use your hand, buy a vibrator. Geez. That's why we have all the discussion about waiting, getting to know someone....and so on, here on this forum and elsewhere.

Yeah it's a stupid question that would most likely be asked by a troll.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:21 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
The bottom line is that it's really difficult to think of a kind and not humiliating way to let someone down when they're standing in front of you in the most vulnerable position they can be in. Do you just get dressed and leave while they're red faced and covering themselves with a sheet? Do you stay and make it clear that sex is off the table? Sure, everyone's an adult, but it's a minefield. And I think some guys in this thread are not understanding the complicated relationship that women have with their body image, so it's an additional level of rejection in that way.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:25 AM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The bottom line is that it's really difficult to think of a kind and not humiliating way to let someone down when they're standing in front of you in the most vulnerable position they can be in. Do you just get dressed and leave while they're red faced and covering themselves with a sheet? Do you stay and make it clear that sex is off the table? Sure, everyone's an adult, but it's a minefield. And I think some guys in this thread are not understanding the complicated relationship that women have with their body image, so it's an additional level of rejection in that way.
It's not a "complicated relationship." Every guy who has asked out a woman has been rated and judged, too. You can literally see them look you over and make a decision, yes or no, in a second or two. So let's drop the whole "guys don't know how it feels to be evaluated by looks" thing.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:29 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I absolutely detest the whole "real man" and "real woman" proclamations. They're highly insulting to those who don't measure up to such a subjective opinion.
I agree. Usually when a woman says she has a "real" woman's body it is because she is overweight and she feels she must insult thin women to make herself feel better. "Real women have curves" is a very ugly thing to say because I am sorry it is not natural to be overweight when young whether you are male or female.

In middle age sometimes people can get to be 10 or 15 pounds over and that is not so much a problem. It does come to where the choice is be slim or be hungry and tired. Most women with good esteem will not choose to be hungry and tired all the time just to be slim at that point. As well most of the guys I know around my age would rather be with a woman who is 10 or 15 pounds over who has energy and enjoys cooking and sharing a good meal than be with a slim woman who fusses about how fattening a meal is and will always have greens while staring at his food with eyes like an owl. They would also be with a more youthful looking woman and a few extra pounds fills in the fine lines and wrinkles and keeps the breasts firm and full. The skin will be less crepey compared to a very thin woman the same age. The hair will be fuller and softer too.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:30 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
It's not a "complicated relationship." Every guy who has asked out a woman has been rated and judged, too. You can literally see them look you over and make a decision, yes or no, in a second or two. So let's drop the whole "guys don't know how it feels to be evaluated by looks" thing.
You don't see a difference in between being looked over and passed over by a stranger in public, and getting to the point of being naked in your bedroom with someone that you care about, then she makes a face and leaves after seeing your body?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships