Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 05:07 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
You filled in some blanks yourself - I never said he should have sex with her while throwing up in his mouth. I'd never wish that on a man - however they do seem to be rather easily repulsed while women have much greater fortitude in such situations.
Yup, this men vs. woman thing. Hogwash, as usual.

Quote:
I said, several times that he's an a$$ for not realizing how shallow he is and not inquiring a bit more as to her fitness level in that several week period since that seems to have been of such importance to him. He failed in doing his due diligence.
He's "shallow" for not being attracted to a certain body type? Or, for, *gasp*, not being attracted to this particular individual?

Where is this "shallow" line drawn? What if someone doesn't want to be with someone because they don't have a college degree, or a white collar job? It would seem to me that if we're labelling the type to not be attracted to a particular body type as "shallow", certainly those who choose not to date those who are not in a similar socioeconomic class, or who don't have a particular type of job would deserve the same label, no?

Quote:
And no, I don't mind at all disagreeing with you.
So I've noticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 05:16 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
Hi you two, it is great that you feel the way you do, but if possible could you answer the questions from this specific thread?

So going back to the question of this thread, does having personal likes or attractions make someone a boy and not a real man?

We don't know how the guy handles the situation nor do we know his age, we just know that he lost attraction when he saw her, I am not saying it is a nice thing, but is he free to be attracted to what he is attracted to?

If yes than why did his unattractive to her body make him a boy and not a real man?

By the way, I am asking out of real curiosity not for contention sake.

So your personal believe is that if a person does not find someone attractive he is not a real man? My question to you is, where does his freedom of choice come in at?

Or do you believe that a person should NOT have freedom of choice? If they believe different than you do they are a boy and not a real man?

Again I am sincerely asking, I am not trying to be sarcastic

OMG - so silly the way you phrase this in such an obvious way - why would anyone be forced to "do" anything or anyone they don't want to?

The more nuanced part about being a real man is the extent to which something quite inconsequential to many is a dealbreaker for some - even in the face of likely many great qualities. The man is naive because he can pick the most physically perfect woman now, but no doubt she'll end up disappointing him in the future...would he still toss her aside despite what I'd imagine are years of positive and loving experiences? If he does, in the name of being true to himself and apparently a "real man" he's still crap because he can't overcome what is apparently a man's natural disgust of physical imperfection despite highly compensating factors that are entirely disregarded. Nope - I don't respect that at all.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:19 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Hi you two, it is great that you feel the way you do, but if possible could you answer the questions from this specific thread?

So going back to the question of this thread, does having personal likes or attractions make someone a boy and not a real man?

We don't know how the guy handles the situation nor do we know his age, we just know that he lost attraction when he saw her, I am not saying it is a nice thing, but is he free to be attracted to what he is attracted to?

If yes than why did his unattractive to her body make him a boy and not a real man?

By the way, I am asking out of real curiosity not for contention sake.

So your personal believe is that if a person does not find someone attractive he is not a real man? My question to you is, where does his freedom of choice come in at?

Or do you believe that a person should NOT have freedom of choice? If they believe different than you do they are a boy and not a real man?

Again I am sincerely asking, I am not trying to be sarcastic
YES; I think he should be free to be attracted to what he is attracted to! It's not like I think he could change it if he tried!

Nobody can just change themselves like that, nor should they for the sake of seeming more socially acceptable; I don't think that would work.

"He" as a hypothetical yet real guy is just not someone I've ever ran across ... ever. And I used to do "it" for a living.

I'll admit this may have lead to my having an altered grasp on reality. I mean; every dude I "met" (professionally speaking) already knew I'd be 5'10" with long blonde hair, big boobs & big butt ...And at the same time they "chose" me they would have had the choice of a 5'2" "spinner" Latina, or whatever ...& much, much more.

But it's not like ANY of us ever put "I've nursed X amount of babies & I'm tore up from the floor up ..."

And all I know is I've never seen a guy lose his ... er; ability after seeing me disrobe. So in my own personal, well experienced yet deviant context ... that guy just does not seem "real".

Old 11-19-2016, 05:22 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
great post!!!

I will say again....a real man does not mind some padding....

if you are getting hung up on the real man phrase,,,,as the poster said above a man,,,not a boy...or immature ass.

here is an issue on here...

because one lady said this doesn't mean the whole species gender agrees with it....same as a guy if he says this ,,,,,or acted like an ass.....doesn't mean the rest of us agree with it..

coch.... 11 kids????? wow...you took the fruitful and multiply quite literal
Real men realize real men don't really have control of what makes their manhood rise to the occasion or fall out of action. Biology is a sometimes.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:26 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
This thread is NOT about the guy losing interest in the girl it is about the two questions I asked. I only mentioned that the previous thread is what sparked these questions.
Read the thread, that is what my statement was based on, the thread, not what the spark in your head was. Is anyone responding to the 2 questions in your OP? No they are responding to the phrase Real Man, not your 2 question Riddle. Your welcome.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:28 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
great post!!!

I will say again....a real man does not mind some padding....
A real man likes what he likes an doesn't apologize for it. Nor does he go by what other people's definition of what a real man is.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:34 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
You filled in some blanks yourself - I never said he should have sex with her while throwing up in his mouth. I'd never wish that on a man - however they do seem to be rather easily repulsed while women have much greater fortitude in such situations.

I said, several times that he's an a$$ for not realizing how shallow he is and not inquiring a bit more as to her fitness level in that several week period since that seems to have been of such importance to him. He failed in doing his due diligence.

And no, I don't mind at all disagreeing with you.
He's an ass for not realizing how shallow he is because he is not attracted to certain things? Does that make a woman an ass for not realizing how shallow she is for not being attracted to bald guys or guys who are below a certain height?

Old 11-19-2016, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,283 times
There is no shallow and there is no real man/woman. There is only what is. The above two terms are what it's users throw around with their own definition attached to it to try convince others what should be acceptable. Both terms have no real meaning as neither can be clearly defined.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:05 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Regarding this thread and the other one, the "real" man/woman comments are quite annoying. About the topic in general, I suspect the original post and the post here on CD are disingenuous. Is there really a question here? Where is the good option in the actual scenario described? I mean besides pain and humiliation?

I don't know what was intended with the question, but these two cluster ****s of threads filled with accusations and counteraccusations were pretty predictable.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:48 AM

531 posts, read 384,427 times
People like to throw the "real man" around when men dont do what they want, in an attempt to shame them. A smart man would just ignore that garbage and do what he wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships